• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

TUW: The Steel Trade [IC]

redraider629

Explorer
Vadin goes into Boar's Head and greets greets Giodavi and Lyndha. He stays for a meal and a drink. After he leaves he decides to accompany a hunting party, helping to seek out game.

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
Clavo responds to Saemund

Saemund approaches Clavo. I've heard that you were once a soldier. I would like to train with you so that we may both hone our skills in close quarters combat.
GM: Normally a very quiet and sour individual, Clavo seems to have become a bit more open and friendly of late, perhaps the impending threat of conflict has him remembering his better days of youth.

"You are a big fellow, you might rely on that too heavily. So you want to train? Very well, we shall see what you are made of. We will train in the evenings after the day's work ceases. Fatigue is when a person is most vulnerable. It is also a motivator for training skill rather than relying on brute force."

Kwargrow said:
During the stay Sannit will meet with all the Southroad Fair warriors and any Seekers that wish to participate in the regular training regimen. He will stress the importance of continuing to stay alert in the aftermath of another assassin attack.
GM: Clavo comes to the Seekers' Guildhouse site each evening to work with Saemund. After a couple of days, he also begins to working with others as well. Clavo is, by far, the most skilled warrior in town.

After the third day, nearly every competent person in town capable of wielding a weapon begins training at the Guildhouse. Fallen Leaf also demonstrates skill that surpasses that of the Seekers'.

Last edited:

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
While in town, both Merin and Tor will get their leather repaired, if necessary.
Tor wants to get more practice in with his new sword and board, so he will join Saemund and Clavo.
Merin will stay near Weit, and (if he is OK with it) try to get in more practice with the Maldrog language.
Merin also wants to see if Maeli has anything that would augment Thermal Way; the Phoenix Feather is great, but it's only 1 time a day.

MacConnell

Days 151 - 158: In Southroad Fair

Kwargrow said:
San-Bolo will also help in guild house construction and encourage all the Seekers to participate. "Our name is spreading," Sannit says the first night. "We need to have a proper place to lay our heads at home."
Guildhouse:
With the assistance of the Seekers, the Guildhouse will be completed within the week. There is remaining an outstanding debt of the last 2500 clam payment.

Tannery:
The Seekers find that their pieces of armor they had commissioned before departing the second time to locate Bergbaulager, are on display in the Trade Store along with the most magnificent complete suit of leather armor any of them has ever seen.

The suit, named Emerald Scale, is manufactured from overlapping pieces of rhomboid shaped deerskin. The design resembles large reptilian scales. Each "scale" has been individually lacquered with a combination of black and emerald beetle carapaces giving it a darkly chromatic, emerald hue.

The commissioned pieces of armor are already paid in full and may simply be collected from the Trade Store.

Tor:
ArmorCoverDeflectSoakHinder
Corccodilian Surcoat70%19428

Vadin:
CoverDeflectSoakHinder
Croccodilian Tunic60%19424

Sheldon:
CoverDeflectSoakHinder
Croccodilian Bracers20%1948

There remains one unclaimed pair of croccodilian bracers.
OOC: Equipment has been updated on Character Records.

The Boar's Head:
At night at the Boar's Head Sannit will facilitate connections between the different people of the town, including the Maldrog in the conversations and especially the drinking contests.
Sheldon joins Sannit in facilitating some revelry.

GM: Trade negotiation work out quickly and simply. The Seekers help clarify any confusion due to the language barrier and Lyndha finalizes the trade. Weit and his Prospectors trade all of their tools for fuel oil with assurances of continued trade of the exact nature. The Prospectors only remain in town for one additional day before returning to Bergbaulager.

The addition of more tools to the town is very beneficial, considering that damaged tools remain unrepaired at the blacksmith. The young apprentice did not yet have enough training to actually work with the metal, though he has been trying to teach himself. Giodavi is saddened to learn that none of the Prospectors have any skill at smithing and makes an offhand comment about one of the Seekers perhaps learning the trade to repair tools when they are town.

Kwargrow said:
At night while Sannit is attempting to play minister of drunkards, she will also be at the Boar's Head, but she does not participate in the revelry. She watches Sannit's back and practices hiding in plain sight.
GM:
OOC: Blend:
  • Inversion (Collegiate Task) +
  • Mind + Knowledge + Wisdom
  • Commercial + Obscurative
This active task is different than hiding. It specifically allows the character to blend into a crowd and become indistinguishable as an individual.
Inversion:
Affect: Self
Effectiveness:
  • Essence + Adhesion +
  • Collegiate + Academic
This passive technique is used to augment various Commercial Tasks such as Quiet, Blend, and Hide.

Bolo: 36 + 37 + 60 = 133%

As Bolo makes herself less obtrusive to the environment, a server even bumps into her, at one point, apologizing for having failed to notice her.

OOC: Posts concerning the herbalists and further discussion of Asylim will follow.

Last edited:

Kwargrow

Gamer Extraordinaire
At the Boar's Head one night Sannit tells the tale of the conflict with the Medderin. "We found an old settlement close to a used up mine and a burial chamber. We were respectful to not disturb the remains, made sure there was nothing of interest there and moved on. We did feel like we were on the right track, though. Next we met these people, called Medderin, that resembled larger mhytres, working in another mine. We had found a few extra burros in the wild and approached in the interest of friendly trade and communication, thinking these might be the ones we searched for. At first there were six of them and they seemed harmless enough, but six more approached and once they had us outnumbered their attitude changed. Then they did the stupidest thing anyone can do around me." He paused and took a sip of his drink to let the moment build, "They tried to hurt Bolo. I put my spear through two of them, the other Seekers handled a few more, and just that quick they were back to being no threat. We let two of them go, seeing no need to be bloodthirsty about it, and went on our way. I realized later that the two survivors could lie about what happened and claim we attacked them with no provocation, but I am sure that will not be the first or last lie told about the Seekers. When we made it to Bergbaulager I was relieved to see that the people we searched for were far more civilized than the Medderin. The Maldrog were friendly and courteous, everything a weary traveler longs for when going to a new place."

At some time in the week San-Bolo and Turtle also take a day for themselves, roaming the area around Southroad Fair to learn more about the terrain and strengthen their bond.

During the construction work Sannit says to the other Seekers, "Before we finish the building should we add some secret locations to our place to maybe stash some weapons and supplies in the event of an emergency? Nothing as large as a room, just a small area we can conceal."

Last edited by a moderator:

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
Giodavi said:
Giodavi is saddened to learn that none of the Prospectors have any skill at smithing and makes an offhand comment about one of the Seekers perhaps learning the trade to repair tools when they are town.

Tor says, "I can help. While we were in Bergbaulager, I spent some time with a master smith, and he showed me enough for me to begin learning the trade myself. Let me look at the tools, and I will do my best to get them back into workable shape."

Merin mentions to Sheldon, "We should let Maeli know about the beetle carapaces that we collected. I have a feeling that those things are going to rise in value, now that there is a demand for them with regard to the manufacture of the exotic leathers. We collected quite a few; we should sell them as soon as possible, and put the money towards the last payment for the guild house."

MacConnell

Sheldon and Indigo Respond

During the construction work Sannit says to the other Seekers, "Before we finish the building should we add some secret locations to our place to maybe stash some weapons and supplies in the event of an emergency? Nothing as large as a room, just a small area we can conceal."
Sheldon runs his left hand through his hair pulling it back from his face, considered Sannit's question.
"I think that would be an excellent idea. Something that blends into the structure so that it is not obvious. If it is only to conceal a cache, we need not make it very large."

Indigo nods.
"Since the structure is peer and beam, I think we should also add an egress point through the floor. I don't foresee any particular issue, but like the hidden room, it could only help."

Last edited:

Sylvar B.

Explorer
Being that the foundation is as you say it is it wouldn't be much of a problem creating a tunnel that runs a ways into the woods with a hidden exit or entrance as the case may be. I wonder how far one must dig to reach water? Since I know of no other name I will call this the "water table" the rest of you can use this liberally so that it takes hold. If the water table is high it will be difficult to build my suggested tunnel.

MacConnell

Saemund -
"Being that the foundation is as you say it is it wouldn't be much of a problem creating a tunnel that runs a ways into the woods with a hidden exit or entrance as the case may be. I wonder how far one must dig to reach water? Since I know of no other name I will call this the "water table" the rest of you can use this liberally so that it takes hold. If the water table is high it will be difficult to build my suggested tunnel."
Sheldon considers,
"I was thinking about something like that too. Since we are right on the river, here, I would be willing to bet that one would only have to dig down as far as the level of the stream to reach this 'water table.' That likely makes a true tunnel out of the question, but I am sure we could do something.

At this point we are on the edge of town, but at the rate it is growing, we are not likely to stay that way for long. We would not want what we build to come up under some future homesite, so we ought to stay within our allotted boundary
."

MacConnell

Days 151 - 158: In Southroad Fair, part 2

Tor says, "I can help. While we were in Bergbaulager, I spent some time with a master smith, and he showed me enough for me to begin learning the trade myself. Let me look at the tools, and I will do my best to get them back into workable shape."
GM:
OOC: Reparing:
  • Mind + Knowledge + Wisdom +
  • Commercial + Mercantile
This task is utilized to fix damage to clothing, armor, or weapons. Some common sense and role play is necessary in performing this task as various pieces of material and equipment are necessary. The total score represents to percent of damage that can be repaired. This task may only be applied once per damage occurrence per item. Collegiate Enhancement is not applicable to this task.

Tor: 30 + d100
While his skill is not yet significant, Tor learns that it well exceeds that of the smith's apprentice. With a bit of luck, he is able to make decent repairs to 3 items and marginal repairs to others. As he works at the smithy during the week, Tor realizes that he has an aptitude for this sort of skill and even finds enjoyment while performing it.

OOC: Party XP will be awarded for this effort.

The Herbalist:
Tellerian Hawke said:
Merin mentions to Sheldon, "We should let Maeli know about the beetle carapaces that we collected. I have a feeling that those things are going to rise in value, now that there is a demand for them with regard to the manufacture of the exotic leathers. We collected quite a few; we should sell them as soon as possible, and put the money towards the last payment for the guild house."
Indigo -
"and the spider carapaces, too."

GM: While on the return trip, Sheldon and Indigo were able to collect several beetles, keeping the carapaces and feeding the remains to Turtle, who happily enjoyed consuming them. Myth snorted at each one the bear ate, wondering how he could put such a disgusting thing in his mouth.

Some of the beetles are small, only suitable for shellac. Others and the spiders were larger and suitable for lacquer.
OOC: Shellac:
#value
Burgundy Beetle1946
Green Beetle512
Yellow Beetle614
Blue Beetle512

OOC: Lacquer:
#Value
Burgundy Beetle448
Green Beetle13156
Blue Beetle896
Black Spider448

GM: When all is said and done, the Seekers do not have quite enough funds remaining to pay the outstanding balance of 2500 clams for the completion of the Guild House. Since all of the tools that Tor repaired belonged to the Carpenters' Guild, Clavo decided to that a continued working relationshipship should prove more profitable than the immediate debt. He accepted what the Seekers had as final payment.

Last edited:

Remove ads