TUW: The Steel Trade [IC]

Kwargrow

Gamer Extraordinaire
Sannit nods in greeting to the newcomer and says to the Seekers, "I think it is safe to cross the water now. We'll go first." San-Bolo cross the river with Turtle, but they will wait for the other Seekers before doing anything else.

Last edited:

redraider629

Explorer
Vadin looks around at the party, then says "Greetings, my name is Vadin Grav. As you heard I have lost my companions as we were hunting. If it were not for the Spiofthest I am not sure what would have happened. Might I join you across the river? Being injured as I am, it probably is best to not go it alone."

As Vadin said these words he turns to the Spiofthest who rescued him and gives them an appreciative nod.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kwargrow

Gamer Extraordinaire
San-Bolo take a moment to clasp wrists with Vadin and Sannit gestures to himself, then Bolo, then Turtle, naming them each. He knows the other Seekers will want to do their own introductions and says, "Be at ease. We can cross over the water easier than you can with your wound. When we are gathered again we can see about how to help you heal."

Sannit catches the attention of the Faethrin leader and draws a rudimentary map in the dirt, indicating where Southroad Fair is and attempting to convey that it is a good place for trade.

Bolo watches Sannit's back with her usual suspicious calm. It does not surprise her to learn of hostile Da'Roneh in this area. She knows too well how violent her former people can be.

Turtle sniffs at the newcomer to get his scent. He considers trying to make friends with the other animals, but thinks better of it and keeps watch at Bolo's side.

Last edited:

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
Day 93: Meeting Vadin

San-Bolo cross the river with Turtle, but they will wait for the other Seekers before doing anything else.
Sannit enters the stream first getting his footing. He immediately realizes that Bolo, due to her height will not be able to walk across but would be forced to swim. Bolo enters the water and allows Sannit to drag her across as she floats. The going is slow. Turtle finds enjoyment in the expedition and does not mind being carried downstream before he can exit on the other side.

Sheldon, watching the progress offers,
"Tor and Saemund, since you are the tallest you should cross to help retrieve the injured man. Indigo and I will wait here. We should see what more we can do for is injury after he is back on this side."

Sannit catches the attention of the Faethrin leader and draws a rudimentary map in the dirt, indicating where Southroad Fair is and attempting to convey that it is a good place for trade.
The Spiofthest gather to look at the map. Most seem to indicate understanding. They give audible thanks and bid farewell, heading downstream.

Kwargrow said:
Turtle sniffs at the newcomer to get his scent. He considers trying to make friends with the other animals, but thinks better of it and keeps watch at Bolo's side.
Turtle exits the stream and shakes himself dry like a dog. The red wolf is curious and greets the bear with much sniffing. The leopard keeps its distance. The wolf's handler keeps an eye on him, finally speaking some calm words. The wolf returns to his side.

Last edited:

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
Sheldon said:
"Tor and Saemund, since you are the tallest you should cross to help retrieve the injured man. Indigo and I will wait here. We should see what more we can do for is injury after he is back on this side."

Tor nods, "Consider it done!" Turning to Saemund, he says, "Come, my friend, let's help this newcomer get across the river."

Merin and Myth watch passively as this is going on, but their minds are active.

Myth: ~Yuck. Why do they like to get wet so often? Water is for drinking, you silly fools. Who wants to get wet? It's so uncomfortable and inconvenient. It's much better to remain dry.~

Merin:~I wonder if I could use Way to lessen the water's density, making it easier and quicker for us to cross the river?~ With that thought, Merin decides to try it on Tor. He begins concentrating, trying to make the water "move out of Tor's way."

OOC: Compare to a drop of Dawn dish-washing liquid hitting an area of grease.

GM: Because the river is moving, if a mass of water could be affected in such a manner it would quickly move downstream. However, there is no precept for Merin understanding density or viscosity. It might occur to him, though, to try to make Tor heavier. This is not possible as the amount of matter in a substance cannot be changed. For Merin's particular training he could cause a controlled push of air to carry Tor across, but the distance is too great as yet.

Last edited by a moderator:

MacConnell

Day 93: Regathering on the North Bank

With the assistance of Tor and Saemund, Sannit is able to guide Vadin back across the river with Bolo in tow. Turtle once again lets the current take him and reaches the other side faster than the slow moving people. He waits at the bank with Sheldon and Indigo.

Sheldon and Indigo introduce themselves. Indigo also calls the pack animals from their hiding position and has them meet him as well so that they will be comfortable with him. Once everyone has caught their breath Indigo approaches Vadin about the extent of his injury.

He has some bruising from the fall. The Spiofthest removed the arrow and cleaned the wound. They also added some medicinal herbs to speed the healing process.

Sheldon begins,
"This far away from civilization, I am going to be blunt. I can sense that you are aware of the presence of Way, that invisible wave of energetics present in all thing, though you are as yet untrained in it. With your time as a guard in the Tin Caravan, you will likely have noticed that could sense danger before others and healed at a slightly faster rate than others. This is because of your ability to manipulate Way, instinctively.

When away from civilization, we have all practiced with this extensively and can train you in such. I am telling you all of this to let you know that when we tend to your wounds we can accelerate the natural healing process from days to minutes. This is likely to be a bit of a shock
."

redraider629

Explorer
Vadin thinks to himself, ~He is right, I have heard of Way. Very interesting.

Vadin then replies to Sheldon "I have heard about Way. I never truly understood it, nor knew for sure if it was real" Vadin pauses for a moment. He begins to think and has a sudden realization and continues "Now that I think about it I have noticed danger approaching before others as well as healing at a faster rate. Though I have always explained it away. I don't know if it was fear of what others thought that led me to question it, or just my own stubbornness. However, I do know something is telling me you know of what you speak, and it would be wise for me to listen. I would not only appreciate insight in Way, but also appreciate training on manipulating it."

Last edited:

Kwargrow

Gamer Extraordinaire
After San-Bolo use their familiar trick of drying themselves and their clothes with Way, Sannit grins at Vadin and says, "Way is a mystery that never comes completely unraveled, and we Seekers have dedicated ourselves to helping each other grow in its use. The only thing more confusing than the many uses for Way is how some people are afraid of it."

Bolo will help with the healing if she is needed while Sannit and Turtle keep watch this time.

MacConnell

Technical Post

GM: Previous to meeting Vadin the following XP has been earned.

Problem Solving / Innovative Ideas:
  • Everyone and Companions: 3
Individual Role Play:
  • Tor: 7
  • Merin: 7
  • Myth: 3
  • Sannit: 10
  • Bolo: 9
  • Turtle: 7
  • Saemund: 10

OOC: Saemund used 9 points to increase Knowledge to 10, which conveyed 1 point to Wisdom and 1 point to Collegiate. Collegiate being then raised to 10 conveyed 1 point to Theologic.

He has 4 XP saved for later use.

Saemund can now manipulate Way at range, not just by touch.

Last edited:

MacConnell

Day 93: Integrating the Newcomer

Sheldon motions to Bolo as the 2 of them have become the most proficient healers in the group.
"I suspect the Spiofthest who helped you might have been able to do something similar, but as this talent is limited to about 10% of the population, those of use who can are cautious of necessity. Superstition is still too prevalent in common society.

This will not hurt, though it will feel strange. You will be hungry afterward
."

GM:
OOC: Invigorate:
Range: Touch
Effectiveness:
  • Essence + Adhesion + Invocation +
  • Mind + Knowledge + Will + Wisdom + Discipline +
  • Collegiate + Academic / Theologic
Time: 10 days[loss / (target Confluence + target Will + Effectiveness + d100)]

This increases the rate of return of the loss of Body and Health to the target.

Sheldon: 69
Bolo: 67
Bark of Mending: Effectiveness x3

Time: 10 * 5 / (8 + 8 + 136*3 + 84 ) = 2 hours, 22 minutes

Vadin is not only pleased with the acceleration of his body's natural healing process, he may very well be amazed. The bruises cease to ache and disappear almost immediately. The wound at his hip closes and mends from the inside out, leaving a small scar.

Indigo speaks short sentences in the little Centrin that she knows from her time with Sheldon. Her rich alto voice coming as a bit of surprise to Vadin, especially since she is most often quiet.
"We will work on your Ansylin while we travel. It is easier for all of us. We are on a mission to find some Mhytres. Our blacksmith in Southroad Fair was killed. It will be some time before you might meet up with your Tin Caravan, but if you wish to stay with us, a good sword hand is always helpful."

She points at Sheldon.
"Even after taking a spear to the gut, he still wants to fight empty handed."

GM: The party makes camp at the current location to give Vadin time to fully heal. Sheldon and Indigo decide to do some fishing, catching 9 fat trout from the swift clean waters.

Last edited:

Remove ads