Dr. Si's Curse of the Crimson Throne - Seven Days to the Grave

Ambrus

Explorer
Like water off a duck's back, the look of rage on the guttersnipe's face slips away, to be replaced by tears and petulance as Dj'hân slowly sinks towards Manachan. "But... she hurt Majenko! It's not fair of her to call a time out just cause she ran out of arrows and dancing dead..."

Majenko alights atop the jester's discarded crossbow and turns to regard Edmond when his name is called. After a pause, the diminutive dragon nods and dutifully begins telepathically echoing the holy knights message to each party member in turn. When it seems that the jester woman has her attention on another, the wily pseudodragon attempts to discreetly snag her bare skin with his barbed tail.

OOC: sting +7; 1d3–2 plus poison.

Last edited:

Dr Simon

Explorer
"Hey!" says the jester indignantly when Edmond casts his spell. "What's the big idea? What was that supposed to be?" It seems to have had no effect on her. Arms akimbo, she demands "Who are you people? Why have you gatecrashed my little par..." She drops to the floor, unconscious, revealing Majenko stood behind her, stinger aloft.

[sblock=OOC]
No effect from disrupt undead.

Majenko - sting attack 11+7=18, assume vs flat-footed AC, +2, hits. She fails her save this time.
[/sblock]

Ambrus

Explorer
A thought crosses Manachan's mind as Majenko pulls back the corners of his maw into a crocodile's smile. She'll be fine. She's just resting.

A thought likewise occurs to Edmond as the pseudodragon turns to regard him. Not undead it seems. You and the others should investigate the rest of the house. Dj'hân and I will disarm and watch this one.

Hovering, Dj'hân giggles when the jester falls over asleep. Reaching into his liripoop, the urchin withdraws a large set of manacles as he sinks down to the floor.

OOC: Majenko will continue to sting the jester every half-minute or so to ensure she stays asleep while Dj'hân restrains and searches her person.

Last edited:

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"Good idea, Majenko. Don't kill her, you two, she may just be a victim of some confusion spell or charm. Altough I doubt that.

Brindom, Manachan, let's see if there are other undead around. Dj'ahn, when you secure her, come after us if you can. But don't trust to your manacles alone, she seems a bit rogueish and might know her way with locks."

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
"How about we try the door she was running to," Brindom say using his bow to point to the doorway.

OCC: Ready but since Brindom's hands are full guess Manachan should go first to open doors with Edmond behind him. Note move action open door standard action Total Defense. ;)

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
"That works for me." Manachan suits actions to words, and with a final glance at the Jester's motionless form moves to open the door indicated by Brindom.

Dr Simon

Explorer
It doesn't take long for Edmond, Brindom and Manachan to scour the rest of the house. There are more dead bodies scattered about; a mix of guests in fancy dress and servants, all showing signs of blood veil. No more get up and attack, fortunately.

However, none of them are a young Varisian male, either. The brother of Deyanira Mirukova is not here, assuming that he ever was.

The last place to be searched is down in the cellar, where the three discover a semi-hidden den. Inside, amongst painting supplies and scattered paintings, is a middle-aged man still in the tatters of his costume.

"Stay away, you devils!" he cries, grabbing a palette knife from the side and holding the blunt tool out, threateningly. He quickly changes his grip to a two-handed one, to stop the shaking.

Attachments

• Carowyn Manor 15.jpg
    Carowyn Manor 15.jpg
    294.2 KB · Views: 65

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"Peace be with you, old man. We're not those abominations. They are all dead again. Put your weapon down."

Remove ads