Dr. Si's Curse of the Crimson Throne - Seven Days to the Grave

Dr Simon

Explorer
Reluctantly, Lord Carowyn follows Edmond back upstairs. He looks with horror at the dead bodies lying everywhere, but his wife isn't amongst the dead on the ground floor.

"Yes, that's the one," he says, pointing to the jester. "Have you asked her anything yet?"

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
"No sorry we came here looking for someone and didn't expect to find all this." Brindom says bow still in hand. "We should ask her about your missing wife Lord Carowyn, and Deyanira Mirukova's brother."

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Manachan stands ready, allowing the others to deal with the Lord of the manor and thinking fiercely about the events of the past few weeks . . . trying to piece them together so that they make some sort of sense.

Dr Simon

Explorer
OOC: Sorry, had a bit of a block. Things seem to have come to an end in Carowyn Manor, so I'll precis a bit.

There are no more undead, and nothing else of interest left in Carowyn Manor. There is no sign of Ruan Mirukova, which may or may not be good news. His sister, Deyanira, upon being informed, is relieved that you didn't find him dead or zombiefied, but her worries are not assuaged.

Lord Carowyn finds the remains of his wife on the upper floor and something snaps in the old man's mind. Afterwards, he seems content to be led wherever he is taken, and pays little heed to anything else.

As for the jester, she is taken to Marshall Kroft for safekeeping. Kroft, looking tired and haggard, agrees to question the woman when she revives, and offers you the chance to assist if desired.

Jeremiah has one more day to produce his scrolls of water breathing so that you can investigate the shipwreck that Mamusia Lela suggests may hold some clues as to the source of the plague.

Until then, the group finds a bit of breathing space.

OOC:
So, you've got a day to pursue shopping or any other tasks that your character wants to take care of.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"I'll check on the children. We might wash and rest some and then ask Mamusia Lela and Brianna what she did in the days before she got sick. And if she was in the market which would explain sudden explosion in the number of the sick and all over the city.

I'm weary of this, but we must hold on. Hopefully, we'll find the lost musician after we question the jester."

True to his word, Edmond checks with Kester how they are faring, washes up and goes for questioning. He then goes to Brianna which by now had time to think without being sick and drills her to remember in as much details as possible where she went, who she saw and what she did two or three days before falling ill.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
OOC: No shopping for Brindom - he thinks he is ready - but he should get better armor to go swimming in. He will figure that out after this and then I think I will have him purchase some leathers or bracers of armor.

Brindom takes to the streets and ends up at the church of Erastil. There he spends the day helping as much as he can. At the end of the day he is weary and doesn't speak to anyone as he makes for his room changes for bed and then collapses for the night.

Dr Simon

Explorer
The orphans are still fine, thanks mainly to the wand of remove disease, but Kester has started a regime where only the older, healthy, children are allowed out on the streets. He seems very proud of his initiative.

Later, Edmond visits Citadel Volshyenek for the questioning of the jester, who gives her name as Jolistina. She is uncooperative, and seems unconcerned by threats and coercion, giving away little except that her "beloved Rolth" will come for her, alive or dead.

Kroft glances at Edmond with a raised eyebrow at the mention of this name.

"And where is Rolth now?" she asks.

Jolistina shrugs. "He's off with his powerful new friends," she says with a pout. "I don't know where he meets them."

"What friends would these be?"

Another shrug in reply. Various tacks of questioning get no more from her, except that the Carowyns and their friends "had it coming", although she doesn't seem to have any clear reason why.

More info gathering for Edmond in the afternoon, as he visits Trail's End and the Kirton/Soldado family. Brienna's mother and Mamusia Lela say that eventually they got the girl to tell them what she had been doing before she got sick, a difficult task as she feared getting into trouble. It seemed that a group of older children had found a coffer of silver washed up on the riverbank. Others had taken all the money when she got there, but she did find one silver coin trodden into the mud, which she spent on sweets and pastries.

"Maybe, I'm thinking, this coffer came from the ship that sank," says Mamusia Lela, "but how or why it would carry sickness I couldn't say. If you find the wreck, it will tell us more, maybe."

As he returns, with evening approaching, the Grey Maidens are setting up checkpoints on the bridges of Korvosa. They let him pass, but warn him not to be abroad at night, by order of the Queen.

Edit: Bleurgh! I don't want Kroft and Jolistina to have a conversation again. What a colour clash!

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
In the morning Brindom takes extra time to commune with Erastil. The young priest believes that today they will come to find out the reason behind the disease and hopefully a way to stop it. He prays with more devotion than he has ever shown in hopes he will not fail his city, his friends, or his god.

[sblock=Stats]
HP: 48/48
AC: 19
Fort: +5
Reflex: +4
Will: +7
BAB: +3
CMB: +3
CMD: 16

WEAPONS:
longbow +8, 1d8 (arrows 20/20)
short sword +3, 1d6