• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Destiny's Tears-Prologue: A Jewel in the Shadow Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rystil Arden

First Post
Molpe:
[SBLOCK]
*The little firefly is sad that Molpe is upset with her idea, and so she hides behind the bench.*

"Well, I think I understand," Glamour replies, "The reason why your iris is that colour is because it absorbs all the light that passes through it except it reflects that particular hue back out. So the firefly entered into your eye, letting the iris absorb all her colour except the part that is the same colour as your eyes, and then she reflected back out with an identical colour. Then she gave the colour to the other ones."
[/SBLOCK]

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Molpe Lilypetals: Limnad/Female (Siren)

[sblock]“Sister, I meant how did she fly into my eye without harming me,” Molpe asked with a small apologetic smile as she beckons for the little firefly to come to her. [/sblock]

Rystil Arden

First Post
Molpe:
[SBLOCK]
"Well, you need to understand that she is not really a firefly--she is just light. So she didn't exactly fly into your eye--parts of her that were the correct colour were absorbed into your eye and the other parts were reflected back out."

*The little firefly timidly comes out from behind the bench, unsure of whether she is about to get reprimanded again.*
[/SBLOCK]

Eonthar

Explorer
Abdiel Lyanthra

Abdiel & Mhrazhar[SBLOCK]
Rystil Arden said:
*As Nadia returns Abdiel's hug, she whispers to him in Mojiin*[SBLOCK]"Please--oh please! So many people do not understand the evil of the Taint--some of them believe that they can use its powers for good, but they are always turned to the Darkness by the end, even the nice ones!"
[/SBLOCK]
Abdiel nods, and then seeing as Nadia cannot see his head, he replies in a whisper "I know, that is why we will help her. Assuming. of course, that I can stop Mhrazhar from killing her first." He pauses a little, and then continues, "Well I must go, I need to catch up to them. I will try and come and see you again before I leave. Take care of yourself."

Abdiel turns and exits the cathedral. He looks around, trying to find Melody and Mhrazhar (if he is not still with me).
[/SBLOCK]

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP

[sblock]“Come to Molpe, little one, I didn’t mean to upset you. I was just surprised that all. Let me kiss you and make it all better,”

* As Molpe waits for the firefly to make up its mind she puckers her full lips at it. * [/sblock]

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP

[sblock]* Molpe waits for the firefly to kiss her and then turns to address Glamour. *

“I guess that makes sense cause otherwise you would have to worry about replacing fireflies wouldn’t you? And since there just light they can’t harm me… While can they tickle me? And why do they seem so alive?” [/sblock]

Rystil Arden

First Post
Molpe:
[SBLOCK]
*The firefly gives Molpe a kiss--or at least it tries to do so by flying up to her lips.*

"Well, the reason they can tickle you is the same reason they can keep out small objects, if you remember from that lecture before that bored you to tears, the tickle is the feeling you get when they synchronise with the electromagnetic aura that surrounds you--and once they do, they act as a thin barrier to that aura that will keep out anything else. If you are worried that their touching 'isn't real,' I can assure you that contact between auras is what makes us feel any sort of touch, so it is very real."

"As for why they seem so alive...well I got a Praetorian Warmage drunk once, and while he still refused to teach me the secret of their constructs, I managed to get him to show me a simple exercise in creating magical intelligence...remember how I said the fireflys will try to stop you from making a fashion faux pas? Well, its because they have a mind of their own, like I mentioned before. They tend to be different as individuals, but they are quite playful and that one you have there is clearly very affectionate."

"Am I boring you again, Sis? I'm sorry if I am."
[/SBLOCK]

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP

[sblock]“No, not at all sister,” and Molpe was very much being honest as understanding the affections of the firefly wasn’t a lecture at all, “can they only make full length gowns or can they make something tiny also?” [/sblock]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads