• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dr. Si's Curse of the Crimson Throne - Seven Days to the Grave

Dr Simon

Explorer
The door swings open of its own accord and a second jigsaw shark swims out, jaws agape. In the cabin beyond you can just make out a humanoid figure who, with a gesture, causes weed to entwine about its body in a form of armour.

Edmond feels a strange sense of disconnect. The silty bed of the river had reminded him of the desert, the sunken hulk a brooding ruin. He fancies that he even hears the voice of Zellara urging him on.

[sblock]
Initiative Order:

Manachan
Mhairi
Edmond
Shark #2
Ignatius
Shark #1

(Shark #1 is the first one, #2 is the one in front of Manachan and Mhairi.

Here we have the first instance, amazingly, of a Harrow Choosing. This hasn't come up before because the rules weren't clear in Edge of Anarchy, and events up until now were chosen by NPCs and those no longer present.

For the duration of this encounter, all of Edmond's rolls associated with Con get a +2 bonus, and he gains 10 temporary hit points.
[/sblock]

Dr Simon

Explorer
OOC: Sharks are attacking. Attached map ought to help as far as range etc. goes. Sorry, thought I posted this yesterday.

#1 is first shark
#2 is second shark
#3 is spellcaster

Attachments

• Shipwreck 2.jpg
    Shipwreck 2.jpg
    261.1 KB · Views: 51

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
[MENTION=29558]Mowgli[/MENTION], get them! :)

Can you bypass the shark and get at the caster? I'll try to teleport the shark. If you want me to attack it and teleport it first, let me know (it's by no means guaranteed to succeed)

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Manachan takes a brief moment to focus his energies, then extends a hand toward the caster at the back of the cabin. Three bolts of arcane force fly from his hand and slam into the man.

OOC: Magic Missile at the caster (3 x 1d4+1)

Axel

First Post
Mhairi

Mhairi dithers, her earlier arrogance at being pushed back evaporating rapidly. I don't know how to fight underwater! I don't even LIKE fighting... Weapons, yes! I need weapons to fight....wait! Manachan is a spellcaster? I am sooooo out of my depth here.

Drawing her rapier in her left hand as she swam forward, the half-elf squints and points her hand crossbow towards the strange, writhing creature that Manachan just blasted and squeezes the trigger.

OOC: Draw rapier while moving forward 10', shoot hand-crossbow at spellcaster.

Yay for 1d4 damage after an attack roll... Swim check needed.

Kaodi

Hero
OOC: Am I to wait for Dr Simon to post the actions of Shark Numero Deux or do we all post our actions before the round begins?

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
I thought I'm after the enemies, sorry, will post something later today :( My bad for holding things up!

Dr Simon

Explorer
OOC: Sorry folks, been moving house plus busy work - not had much time to attempt any of my games with combat going on. I'll try to get something up by the end of the week.

Remove ads