Dr. Si's Curse of the Crimson Throne - Seven Days to the Grave

Kaodi

Hero
Ignatius looks around, taking in his surroundings. " This is a nice place you have here, Edmond, " he says.

The ifrit submits to the cleaning done by Jeremiah. While he does not need to be dried, it is good to be rid of the dirt, and the lingering scent of the river.

" If we have the opportunity to linger after we have examined the spoils of our... ordeal, then perhaps I can lend you a hand with the work around here. "

Axel

First Post
Mhairi

Mhairi is immediately cheered at the prospect of something to eat, though her stomach seems intent on shaming her by grumbling loudly. Must be nearly two days since I had anything last, and even then it was onlythat awful ship's beard and the captain's protein...

After Jeremiah works his magic, Mhairi feels refreshed, if not exactly clean. "Thank you, Jeremiah", she says, offering a curtsey that was graceful, if a little strange owing to her current atire. "I didn't think I could clean off that river gunk with less than an hour's scrubbing - yet you do it as though it were nothing. Still, a hot bath would surely put me into the upper heavens if it were to follow after dinner." The half-elf looks guilty after her last statement, as though she didn't really mean for it to slip out.

"I...I'm sorry Edmond. And Manachan. I, err...don't mean to sound demanding. I am just...overwhelmed by your generosity in offering me a place to stay for the night.
Is there anything I can do for you in return?" she adds with a smile, silently adding other than opening these wooden chests...any second rate burglar off the street could do THAT for you.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Edmond looks at Mhairi, judging what was it she was offering.

Fearing her charms might bring discord to the group he thinks on how to lessen the impact of her and on her. Finally, he concludes that if he and Manachan can resist fighting over her as they surely can, being Irori's students, Brindom and Ignatius might do whatever they wish as long as she's allowing it.

After looking at her impassively for just a bit too long while all that passed in his head, he shakes the head slightly and speaks in his usual feeling-empty tone:

"You are no problem, Mhairi. We have small community here, we help those in need and everyone helps as possible. Lamm is dead, his gang broken, the kids are Little Lamms. I couldn't just leave them on the street. The kids are learning to read, some history and savoir faire, and older ones also learn various crafts. Or at least they were before this sickness came. You can stay as long as you wish, as long as you offer your support when you're able.

You can see few others in here, Brindom is young priest that currently helps at the temple, but may yet come back. Dj'ahn is little street urchin, capable enough and wild enough to not be confined in the house like the rest. He has small dragon so don't get freightened if you see a lizard sniffing around. Finally, there is a sorceress we know, but she left the group before I took over my parents house so she has no rooms here.

Jeremiah is our most capable teacher, majordomo and all around superb help.

"

OOC: Little background for Axel to chew on :) Mhairi may not even know Edmond had parents house in Korvosa ... but definitely knows Lamm !

Axel

First Post
Mhairi

Edmond's pause had Mhairi worried. I hope he's not going to ask me to leave! You really need to learn to watch your mouth around friends, girl!

Or maybe wants you and was just trying to work out what to do? Oh, I'm so confused... Boys never make any sense! Girls are just, I dunno....easier? Yeah, easier.

Edmond finally spoke, relieving a little of the weight of guilt that had been pressing down on Mhairi. I wonder what it means by offering support when able? "It sounds like you've done well for yourself Edmond," she says with a grin. "I wouldn't have believed it if I heard it when I knew you before." "Thank you," she adds, giving him a peck on the cheek.

"Oh, Ignatius! Speaking of these box thingies. Wanna see if I can get 'em open?"

Kaodi

Hero
Ignatius nods. " I am curious as to what is contained within, " says the ifrit. " I will be on hand in case anything unpleasant befalls you, and I can bestow guidance which may be valuable. "

Dr Simon

Explorer
With time and space to take care, Mhairi has no difficulty springing open the two coffers.

The metallic one covered in skull motifs contains some silver coins and a dead rat. The smaller wooden coffer is evidently airtight, since it contains some documents undamaged by the river water.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"What do documents say?" Edmond offers his hand to help Mhairi up and then frowns...

"Why would anyone keep a dead rat in a box? Is there a hole through which it entered? Maybe it tried to find sanctuary from the water?"

Dr Simon

Explorer
The metallic skull box also seems to be watertight. The rat and the coins are dry, and there is no hole in it.

Last edited:

Kaodi

Hero
Somewhat taken aback, Ignatius again examines the boxes and their contents for magic. " Might it be some sort of sign, or warning? " says the ifrit of the dead rat. If they come up clear, Ignatius counts the number of coins in the skull box, and examines the rat for cause of death and other irregularities.

Axel

First Post
Mhairi

Ugh, you can keep your disgusting dead rat," Mhairi says, grabbing the sheaf of documents and moving to the far side of the room with a look of distaste on her face.

Remove ads