Dr. Si's Curse of the Crimson Throne - Seven Days to the Grave

Dr Simon

Explorer
The first two of Manachan's missiles fell the cultist, and his last strikes the second one on the shoulder. In response, the cultist turns and runs through the double doors behind him, revealing a corridor leading deeper into the complex.

[sblock=OOC]
View attachment 57283

Manachan - magic missile, kills cultist #1, injures #2
Cultist #2 - run.

Edmond and Mhairi up next.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Axel

First Post
Mhairi

Mhairi groaned as the cultist ran off. "Not again..." She darted through the door, intent on running the weirdo down before he could bring more demons into the city.

[sblock=ooc]
Map attachment doesn't work for me. Goes to some "notify the administrator" type screen...

Anyway, Mhairi will run off in pursuit. 2x35' move, most efficient path after the cultist. Drawing weapons while moving.[/sblock]

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Edmond runs off after the cultist, but he can see that there is no chance of catching him unless he is hindered somehow. He stops and concentrates on his innate abilities. He focuses his indignation and rage of the cults workings into four red balls of lights that shoot through his companions, overtakes fleeing cultist and start dancing in front of him in an attempt to stop him.

[sblock=Actions]
Move: 30' forward
Standard: cast Hypnotic pattern in front of the cultist as far out as possible.
HD fascinated (2d4+6=11) - Will DC 14 negates. Cultist gets another saving throw once a hostile creature approaches (not specified how close or whether he gets second saving throw if at the moment of casting hostiles are already approaching)
[/sblock]

Dr Simon

Explorer
The cultist pulls up and stands still, gawping at the pretty colours. Mhairi, approaching from behind, see that the corridor widens and then opens out in another 10 ft. or so beyond the cultist into a large chamber, lit by an eerie green glow from the walls. The light illuminates a towering statue of a woman in the centre of the room.

Hospice 58.jpg

Kaodi

Hero
Seeing that the cultist has been fascinated, Ignatius decides to hang back and allow the stealthier types try and put him down first, at least for the moment.

OOC: Delay until after Mhairi.

Axel

First Post
Mhairi

As the fleeing cultist halted, Mhairi stopped dead. Lucky! No sense in cannoning into him... She closed the last few feet stealthily, hoping that the others behind had the good sense not to come running through with clattering armour and thumping boots. And this is exactly why soft shoes beat boots every time, she thought, more than a little creeped out by the green glow coming from the next room.
As she took the last step, Mhairi lunged from behind with her rapier, catching the cultist neatly between the shoulder blades. A quarter of an inch to the left and you would've put that straight through an artery. Aim better next time girl.
[sblock=ooc]
Taking the opportunity to "hide" with Stealth once cultist is fascinated. 1d20+16=18 [/URL](oops!)
Stabbity-stab with rapier once in range. Am hoping 18 stealth was enough for a sneak attack. 1d20+9=29[/URL] (threat!, confirmation 1d20+9=11[/URL] - all over the place today...)
Damage: 1d6 =2 + 3d6= 12[/URL]
My dice are everywhere at the moment. My character died last night, torn apart by ghouls because I couldn't make a paralysis save to save his life (literally). I couldn't roll higher than a 10 on dozens of d20 rolls all night. Then the replacement was rolled with 4 15's and 2 16's using 4d6 drop the lowest. Go figure... The swings and roundabouts of this game...
[/sblock]

Dr Simon

Explorer
Mhairi's strike isn't precise enough for her liking, but it is enough, what with the cultist being distracted by Edmond's light show. With a sigh and a grunt he collapses to the ground, probably never even aware that he has been killed.

[sblock=OOC]
I don't think I'll be able to update the map for about a week or so, and connection might be spotty too, but will check in when I can.
[/sblock]

Kaodi

Hero
When Ignatius sees the cultist go down he relaxes and straightens out a bit. "The next fight may very well be the last one..." he says quietly. Creeping down the hall to Mhairi's position, he observes the statue in the centre of the next room. More religious iconography? Hopefully it does not come with a guardian routine as well...

Knowledge (Religion): 1d20+8=15

Dr Simon

Explorer
The statue in the room is of a voluptuous woman... on the top half. Her lower half decays away into skeletal legs. Ignatius recognises this as a representation of Urgathoa, the Pallid Princess. Edmond, meanwhile, examines the leukodaemon tubes. The daemons inside appear to be dead already, although it is hard to tell since the creatures appear half-decomposed already. They are, however, utterly inert. It looks like the tubes can be drained of the green fluid, although Edmond isn't sure if this is some kind of sustaining nutrient, or if it is keeping the daemons in of stasis.

Remove ads