Against the Giants 5e PBP (Full)

FitzTheRuke

Legend
I think the thing that characterizes the "old-school"-ness of this adventure is this: If you pay attention and think things through, you get a lot of benefit. If you rush in half-cocked, you will probably die.

Somewhere around 3e (and 'worse' with 4e) the idea grew that you should be able to 'heroically' beat all encounters. This was (perhaps wrongly) called "balance".

In this adventure, YOU (not me) have to balance the encounters. You can pick 'em apart a few at a time (most of the time...) or you can get the whole place at you at once. It's up to your choices (and a bit your rolls, and a bit of luck besides).

Though, I'm on your side, here. I'm rooting for you.

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
Hey, I’m here, but I’ll sent expecting things to move so fast (I like it!).

Before setting out, especially since we had a couple of hours, Gimlak asked the other to join him for a few minutes in a circle. There he explained that he would bring out their inner power. He sang what seemed to be Mongolian throat singing as he spoke to them telepathically. After 10 minutes, everyone had 13 temp hp (reflavoured inspiring leader ;-)

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Hey, I’m here, but I’ll sent expecting things to move so fast (I like it!).

Before setting out, especially since we had a couple of hours, Gimlak asked the other to join him for a few minutes in a circle. There he explained that he would bring out their inner power. He sang what seemed to be Mongolian throat singing as he spoke to them telepathically. After 10 minutes, everyone had 13 temp hp (reflavoured inspiring leader ;-)

"This is how the dwarves get their reputation for being so tough!"

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Hey @FitzTheRuke,

I picked my character's spell before I could see @JustinCase's spell selection. We both have clairvoyance, so if ok with you I'll swap it with hunger of hadar, which is the default for aberrant mind (minor issue, but no point in both having the same circumstantial spell).
Cheers,

SG

Oh, I forgot to look at your spell list before picking mine. I could change some if that fits better with you?

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
Oh, I forgot to look at your spell list before picking mine. I could change some if that fits better with you?
Thanks for the offer but t’ont worry about it. Let’s make sure we synergies and not overlap too much (some overlap is fine especially with dispel magic and greater invisibility).
Cheers,

Sg

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Just as a warning to you all - I own a comic and game store. Tomorrow is Free Comic Book Day. Usually standing room only in the store. I tell you this to let you know, I will probably not be seen for a nine-hour stretch. So if you want to see things move forward, post today. OtOH, If you want a break, you'll probably get it tomorrow!

Remove ads