• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Battlestar Galactica-Final Season (4) 6/13/08--Revealations (Mid Season-Finale)

Steel_Wind

Legend
LightPhoenix said:
On the subject of the hybrid - one of the things it said was that Kara would destroy humanity.

No. She said Kara would lead them to "Humanity's end".

Seeing the pictures of a radioactive Earth last night - it appears she did just that.
 

log in or register to remove this ad

Volaran

First Post
Steel_Wind said:
No. She said Kara would lead them to "Humanity's end".

Seeing the pictures of a radioactive Earth last night - it appears she did just that.

True enough. "Harbinger of the Apocalypse" might not be as dramatic as it initially sounded.
 

Fast Learner

First Post
justinbot said:
I'm not entirely convinced the planet they landed on was Earth.
While I imagine they probably did, I too have that suspicion. None of the shots of "Earth" were at an appropriate angle or without excessive cloud cover to allow you to recognize any Earth continents. I doubt that was accidental.
 

John Crichton

First Post
Fast Learner said:
While I imagine they probably did, I too have that suspicion. None of the shots of "Earth" were at an appropriate angle or without excessive cloud cover to allow you to recognize any Earth continents. I doubt that was accidental.
That's what I thought when watching it.

Still, a stunning scene.
 

Well, Gaeta at least said that the star constellations matched. Assuming he was referring to the constellations found on Kobol, there really shouldn't be too many inhabitable planets from which these constellation match. So I see it is Earth.

What would have been interesting: If they had shown some kind of familiar buildings - maybe the Sydney Opera House (á la Sunshine, or the sky-line of New York or Vancouver - but bombed and destroyed by time. (Thouh I am not sure that - "realistically" - we would be able to recognize any of this after a few decades or even centuries).
 

Staffan

Legend
Mustrum_Ridcully said:
What would have been interesting: If they had shown some kind of familiar buildings - maybe the Sydney Opera House (á la Sunshine, or the sky-line of New York or Vancouver - but bombed and destroyed by time. (Thouh I am not sure that - "realistically" - we would be able to recognize any of this after a few decades or even centuries).
As the camera was panning over the final scene, I kept expecting to see the head of the Statue of Liberty.
 


Villano

First Post
Fast Learner said:
While I imagine they probably did, I too have that suspicion. None of the shots of "Earth" were at an appropriate angle or without excessive cloud cover to allow you to recognize any Earth continents. I doubt that was accidental.

Yeah, I kind of doubt it's Earth, too. Not only because of that, but doesn't the prophesy say that the dying leader wouldn't make it to Earth? I'm calling a "fake out" on this one.
 

LightPhoenix

First Post
Steel_Wind said:
No. She said Kara would lead them to "Humanity's end".

Seeing the pictures of a radioactive Earth last night - it appears she did just that.

You're right. Still, despite me misquoting, my comment still stands.
 

Volaran

First Post
Villano said:
Yeah, I kind of doubt it's Earth, too. Not only because of that, but doesn't the prophesy say that the dying leader wouldn't make it to Earth? I'm calling a "fake out" on this one.


This one I'm less sure about, but I think that what Elosha was quoting was something like "the prophecy also states the leader was dying of a wasting disease and would not survive to enter the new homeland". I suppose if this is not Earth, or if that part of the prophecy did not explicitly mention that Earth was the new homeland, it still might work out.
 

Remove ads

Top