Kulan: Knightfall's Heroes of Carnell Game [OOC]

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Can you say Knowledge (religion) check!? Heh. ;)
Undead knowledge: 1D20+8 = [19]+8 = 27

Why yes, yes, I can :p

Also, checked the items: Maur had Reliquary holy symbol, so his neck item is tied.
He has darkwood light shield +1 - he CAN use heavy shield +2 for a similar benefit. And someone else can get the +1 light shield,

Currently taken slots are: ring x1, boots (anklet), throat (holy symbol), shield, armor, weapon, belt (divine cord), eyes (lenses), hands (gauntlets) and shoulders(cloak)

Last edited:

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
@Neurotic Don't forget, if your aim is to simply keep the Troll busy, you can fight defensively, which gives you -4 to hit, but a +2 AC bonus. Then you can play the "long game," i.e., you're so hard to hit, it doesn't matter if it takes you longer to score hits on him.

If you and Angus are both doing that, the Troll is in a heap of trouble, tactics-wise; two, big bullies on him that he can't do much about... :)

Neurotic

If we flank, he goes down in two rounds tops. But that goes for anything else, dead or alive. If Angus can charge through and deliver Maur to Tarrak, nothing else matters, between turn to remove the horde and smites and Angus' hits...but I don't think it will be that easy

Also @Knightfall
There are currently 25 wounded villagers that would require healing, although not all of their injuries are significant. All of those villagers are members of the militia. Caerth can use Kang's deathwatch ability to figure out which ones are fragile (3 hps or less) or fighting off death (4 hps or more). Five of them are fragile, eight of them are fighting off death, and the other four have only lost 1d4 hps.

Caerth can tell that Sir Ghal is fighting off death. His wounds are significant but he's tough enough not to have lie down in a bed. The dwarven blacksmith, Mabron Bronzethegn, isn't doing as well, but he's being stubborn about getting treated for his wounds.
I will say my wand is at 10/50 after all this: I used 3 charges on myself. Healed the rest naturally. Sir Ghal and anyone above 1st level is healed and the rest are healed until 10/50 level is accomplished. If I could save some by splitting with the healers or something, cool, but not critical.

Neurotic

So @Neurotic, did Maur accept the cure moderate wounds potion or did he insist it goes to someone else. I've decided Aureus will one of her cure light wounds potions on herself and she gives the other one to Phar.

I as a player would never use the potion unless critically wounded. It is too useful for non-healers to wake up someone with spells to heal. So, no. Maur will heal himself with the wand (and anyone else within smacking reach.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Okay, it turned a bit more complicated than I thought, but it could have been even more detailed. 1 square equals 5 feet.

Battle Against the Undead Horde.png

Last edited:

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Actually, an amulet provides an ENHANCEMENT bonus to Natural Armor. Which means if you don't have Natural Armor at all, it gives you Natural Armor. But if you already have Natural Armor, it enhances it, increasing it by the specified amount. But if you have an amulet, other enhancements (like a Barkskin potion, which also provides an enhancement bonus to natural armor) won't stack with it. But innate natural armor from race, creature type, etc. DOES stack with the amulet.
I stand corrected.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
But I'm up for any upgrade, shield, amulet...I am also new, only second encounter now. NPCs got more items then I claimed yet ;)
We'll make proper adventurers from them yet. How about it, knightfall? Make them all PC classes, fighters, rogues etc...they could be local troubleshooters who call upon 'The Cleaners of Gunnards head' :p only in an emergency

Also, we need a proper traveling bard to sing about us around the area.
Uhm, no.

But you will have a bard on your side. Make sure you check out these NPCs.

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
Not trying to be a rules lawyer :) I just want the party to make use of every resource possible :) As a player, I am deeply worried about the upcoming fight; it looks like it will be quite deadly.

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
One last thing: can you remind us of what the composition was of the army we saw when we passed them in the tunnel? Was it all rooks and undead? Or were there any cultists?

Trying to decide whether I will use my spell for protection vs. lightning, or vs. sonic (a favorite of the cultists.)

Neurotic

We have
  • unknown number of rooks who escaped.
  • 1 anathema eagle with rider who shoots lightning
  • 1 ubertroll
  • 1 uberghoul with intelligent weapon who is also high level caster
  • unknown number of lower level casters who can heal
  • unknown number of ghouls and ghasts

(on the last two points - did we manage to count them in our brief encounter? Or Xander or other cultists could give an estimate?)

I'm taking the troll - I can tank and have a good bonus against it (unless its type changed to non-giant) - and I want to prevent breaking of the barricade.

Remove ads