• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Kulan: Knightfall's Heroes of Carnell Game [OOC]

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
CAVEAT: I'm not Scottish by any means (mostly English / Irish on my mother's side, and completely Prusso-Germanic on my father's side) so the accent I am using with Angus is almost entirely guesswork on my part; and upon reading it to my wife, she says there's a portion of it that sounds more Irish to her, so please bear with me. 🙂 When Angus reaches next level, I plan to have him learn Harqual, so at that point, I will probably type normally most of the time, and limit the Scottish accent to moments of excitement or anger, lol 😎

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
Some clans have an apparently superstitious fear of their names being written lest they appear on unwelcome legal documents. Some of the upland clans have mastered the concept of law as a weapon however, and note that it is a good idea "neever tae sign a feegle contract; six inch high people write verra small print". Beware the cry, "We've got a cheap lawyer an' we're not afraid to use him!" The Feegles' swords glow blue in the presence of lawyers.

Wee Mad Arthur: First seen in Feet of Clay, where he becomes a watchman, and originally described as a gnome, however, it was revealed in I Shall Wear Midnight that he is a Feegle, that was raised by gnomes who found him after he'd been snatched by sparrowhawk and were very happy to let him stay "What with being able to bite foxes to death and everything".
Based on what I saw on Wikipedia, I might let Angus have a superstitios phobia of having his name written; that sounds BURSTING with roleplaying opportunities!! 🤣🤣 The attitude that seems to match him is that of Wee Mad Arthur, lol 😛

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Thanks! I don't really need it, I love reading Scottish. But it is considerate of you. :)
I ditto this!! In a living pathfinder game I was playing in I had a germanic wizard with whom I used a rather heavy accent in my typing, but I was asked to sofeten it up a bit for some folks. It is fun doing accents though!!
I'm not a native speaker so it helps occasionally - sometimes I just don't get it. Most of the time I do, I'm quite proficient with English...but still
I agree. While speaking in the Scottish-like language is a fun game element, translations of what Angus is actually saying is quite helpful, especially when I've been up way to late at night. Heh.

Neurotic said:
On the other hand, I had a character "asleep" for centuries...thus I had him speak Shakesperean era language...I had to use mock translator for that :D
That sounds like an awesome character!

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Never read those novels; maybe I need to pick 'em up and try 'em out 😎
Yes, you should. 😃
So, both bears and Caerth hit the champion. Actually, the two bears do enough damage by themselves to put the man down, but I'm going to say that Caerth's attack puts him down unless @JustinCase wants to save his AoO for any of the other cultists who try to move away.

EDIT: I have physio this afternoon, so I'll be posting my reply later on in the day.
Caerth taking him down is perfect! Especially with Kang... 😁

By the way, Kang has always-on deathwatch. Does that mean Caerth (or just Kang) knows how close everyone is to dying?

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
@JustinCase I don't know how Rob runs it (sentient items are roleplayed by the DM, largely) but generally, an item with Deathwatch can choose whether or not to relay that information to its wielder, dependent of course, upon communication modes available to the item.

In one of my campaigns, there is an item that has Deathwatch (it's a minor artifact, an axe imbued with the spirit of a legendary Dwarven cleric, who put his soul into an item of power, rather than suffering death by old age.)

The axe usually keeps that info to itself, because it can heal its wielder, and it usually only worries about how low the wielder is on hit points.

But on occasion, it has been known to speak out, in vague terms, in pursuit of enemies (undead), e.g., "Keep on 'em lad, his negative spark is starting to fade!" and things like that.

I have a lot of fun using the axe to goad the players into combat, lol. :p It's a BLAST :) . The axe also offers advice sometimes, although always in an insulting tone, like: "Go do this, you won't regret it; nevermind what the pansy Elf thinks. Remember how he didn't want to do X, Y, and Z and you ended up regretting it?" etc. :p

Remove ads