• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Kulan: Knightfall's Heroes of Carnell Game [OOC]

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
ARMOR AND SHIELD
Minor

+1 Chainmail [x2]
+1 Darkwood Buckler
+1 Mithral Breastplate

Major
+1 Heavy Steel Shield of Arrow Deflection
+2 Spell Resistance Chainmail [SR 19]
+2 Undead Controlling Light Steel Shield

CLOAKS
Medium

Cape of the Mountebank

Major
Profane Mantle of the Caster (+2 profane bonus to saves; bonus 5th-level spell)

HEADWARE
Minor

Headband of Intellect +2

Major
Hat of Resistance +3

NECKWARE
Minor

Periapt of Wisdom +2

Medium
Amulet of Health +4

Major
Amulet of Natural Armor +4

RINGS
Minor

Rings of Feather Falling [x2]

Medium
Ring of Protection +2

Major
Ring of Minor Electricity Resistance

WEAPONS
Medium

+1 Dagger
+1 Heavy Mace

Major
+1 Anarchic Thundering Cold Iron Javelin of Returning
+1 Keen Parrying Morningstar of Wounding
+1 Unruly Humanbane Falchion
(Spinereaver)
+2 Morningstar
+2 Unholy Warhammer
Shadow Longblade
(+2 longsword) [from Relics & Rituals]

OTHER
Minor

Boots of Landing [from XPH]
Slippers of Spider Climbing

Medium
Wand of Cat’s Grace (40 charges)

Major
Belt of Death (+2 profane bonus to AC; death knell [continuous–10 min./level, cleric (8th)])
Robe of Protection (+4 deflection bonus to AC)

DM FIAT (no rolls required to identify)
Boccob’s Blessed Book (it's obvious to Phar that this is a blessed book)
Arcane Scroll of false life
(CL4)
Arcane Scroll (magic circle against chaos, rage – CL7)
Arcane Scroll (magic jar – CL9)
Arcane Scroll (charm monster, ethereal jaunt – CL13)
Potion of Bull’s Strength

Last edited:

ScottDeWar_jr

second birthdate : 15 Dec 2011
re: con damage .. .. .. Quinn also took con damage.

things that Quinn would be interested in:
+1 Heavy Steel Shield of Arrow Deflection
Amulet of Health +4 or
Amulet of Natural armor +4

Return what is Angus'
sell spiked chain [not a knight's weapon!]

Last edited:

ScottDeWar_jr

Thought expirament: can masgic be "recycled'? That is, recover a percent of magic and refocus it in a simaler way, but without any form of profane bonus or other evil taint? such as the human ban weapon being refocused into an undead bane weapon, with the expenditure of partial effort due to the previous exposure to magic?

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Thought experiment: can magic be "recycled'? That is, recover a percent of magic and refocus it in a similar way, but without any form of profane bonus or other evil taint? such as the human ban weapon being refocused into an undead bane weapon, with the expenditure of partial effort due to the previous exposure to magic?
That is something I'm planning to check. I believe there are rules in the Book of Exalted Deeds regarding purifying evil weapons, but I haven't checked in the book yet. I will try to get to that by the end of the day.

I would have done it last week, but my family got more bad news. My aunt in Rocky Mountain House had to go into the hospital in Red Deer, Alberta. They had to amputate her leg below her knee. This is the second time she's had to go through this procedure. She's been living without her other leg for some time now.

I talked to her on the weekend, and she's in good spirits, or as good as she can be. :(

Last edited:

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Aureus will try to help with Spellcraft checks w/detect magic too. Her bonus to Spellcraft is now +6, so at most she can try to identify the lesser items. I'll try to do that later too.

ScottDeWar_jr

That is something I'm planning to check. I believe there are rules in the Book of Exalted Deeds regarding purifying evil weapons, but I haven't checked in the book yet. I will try to get to that by the end of the day.

I would have done it last week, but my family got more bad news. My aunt in Rocky Mountain House had to go into the hospital in Red Deer, Alberta. They had to amputate her leg below her knee. This is the second time she's had to go through this procedure. She's been living without her other leg for some time now.

I talked to her on the weekend, and she's in good spirits, or as good as she can be. :(
:cry:

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
So, I checked BoED. There are rules on pp. 119-120 for redeeming evil magic items.

First, the items magic must be suppressed with dispel magic.

The redeemer must spend 8 hours/day per day with the item to be redeemed similar to creating magical items. They must cast any spells that would be prerequisites for the new redeemed item. They must spend 1 day per 1,000 gp of the items base price. The only cost for the character, besides time, is XP equal to 1/25th of the redeemed items base price.

The redeemer must be good and have any feats required to craft an item. So, if a character wants to redeem the +2 unholy warhammer, they must be good-aligned, have the Craft Magic Arms or Armor feat, spend 8 days in prayer or meditation with the hammer, and sacrifice 960 XP.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Minor Items
+1 Chainmail [x2] (CL3)
+1 Darkwood Buckler (CL3)
+1 Mithral Breastplate (CL3)
Boots of Landing [from XPH] (ML2 [Spellcraft and detect magic won't work])
Headband of Intellect +2 (CL8)
Periapt of Wisdom +2 (CL8)
Rings of Feather Falling [x2] (CL1)
Slippers of Spider Climbing (CL4)

Aureus - Spellcraft checks with Detect Magic (Minor Magical Items [DC 20 + caster level]):
1D20+6 = [5]+6 = 11 (failed)
1D20+6 = [15]+6 = 21 (failed)
1D20+6 = [9]+6 = 15 (failed)
1D20+6 = [9]+6 = 15 (failed)
1D20+6 = [13]+6 = 19 (automatically failed)
1D20+6 = [15]+6 = 21 (failed)
1D20+6 = [8]+6 = 14 (failed)
1D20+6 = [17]+6 = 23 (success)
1D20+6 = [13]+6 = 19 (failed)
1D20+6 = [18]+6 = 24 (success)

So, Aureus manages to identify one of the rings of feather falling and the slippers of spider climbing.

Last edited:

Remove ads