• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Kulan: Knightfall's Heroes of Carnell Game [OOC]

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Spells prepared for this situation (I'll put the rest later):
1: Healthful Rest
2: Summon Elysian trush (assuing it stacks with the above)
3: Create food and water x2, Revelation (dragons of faerun, if allowed), Soul of Light (to heal myself through casting healing on others)
4: Valiant Spirit (for Angus or Quinn later), Positive Energy Aura (for area healing), Divination
5: Call Zelekhut, Commune

The order: Soul of Light, Create food and water x2, Healthful rest, Summon trush, Positive energy aura (heals enough to get everyone but adventurers to full health I believe, 3hp/round for 9 rounds, more if I can somehow get my healing casting level up)

Revelation (and consequent talk with our resident cultist)

Commune: question to be done later - new question: will Zelekhut be able to get Eike?
Divination: for clearing up anything unclear from our questions - generally, I think it will be about Eike and that desert location (temple?)

Last edited:

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
I have a phone appointment with my therapist this afternoon, so if I post again, it won't be until afterwards.

EDIT: But first, a short nap. ;)

Last edited:

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
@Neurotic, you're okay to use FR sourcebooks for spells. I have almost all of them and consider most of them to be core sources for the Lands of Harqual. I've placed a version of Waterdeep on Harqual (on the opposite coast to the west from the Strandlands). It is just north of where @ScottDeWar_jr's PC, Quinn, comes from on the Chara Coast.

If a spell is in the SC (or another standard sourcebook) and a FR book, use the non-FR version, however, if it has been changed.

(Eberron books, however, are for use for Kanpur-based games only [such as our current Bluffside game] with some restrictions on specific aspects. Any items or magic related to dragonmarks are for Sharn and the other Dragonmarked Cities which are far to the south of where Bluffside is located.)

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
@JustinCase: FYI, I'm trying to figure out how much detail Caerth would glean from a casting of lay of the land? Would he see the land in his mind's eye or would it be a general feeling instead. The spell isn't very clear, IMO.

Also, would he be able to see locations within 100 miles that are hidden by magic. I'm assuming he wouldn't be able to see places obscured by terrain, so if there is a lost temple or city deep in a forest, he won't see it. But I'm assuming he'd see major cities, towns, fortresses, etc. Does that sound right?

Otherwise, that spell is really overpowered.

Since you noted that you had memorized it, I've been working on updating my hex maps of Harqual around the Strandlands as much as possible. (I'd already been updating the main map a bit.)

Distances to places won't be an issue, but not all the intricate details are on the campaign map or even the main map of the Thunder Mountains region.

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
@JustinCase: FYI, I'm trying to figure out how much detail Caerth would glean from a casting of lay of the land? Would he see the land in his mind's eye or would it be a general feeling instead. The spell isn't very clear, IMO.

Also, would he be able to see locations within 100 miles that are hidden by magic. I'm assuming he wouldn't be able to see places obscured by terrain, so if there is a lost temple or city deep in a forest, he won't see it. But I'm assuming he'd see major cities, towns, fortresses, etc. Does that sound right?

Otherwise, that spell is really overpowered.

Since you noted that you had memorized it, I've been working on updating my hex maps of Harqual around the Strandlands as much as possible. (I'd already been updating the main map a bit.)

Distances to places won't be an issue, but not all the intricate details are on the campaign map or even the main map of the Thunder Mountains region.
I agree the spell isn't very clear on what is and isn't possible to discern. I get the idea that it is similar to have an expanded view from where the caster is standing, as if from a watch tower, since details get more blurry with distance.

So yeah, I think what you're describing is an accurate interpretation of the spell.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads