Kulan: Knightfall's Heroes of Carnell Game [OOC]

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
For @Neurotic Only:
Maur - Full Attack vs. Tarrak: 1D20+18 = [19]+18 = 37 -1 (L.H.T.) = 36
1D20+13 = [1]+13 = 14 -1 (L.H.T.) = 13 [hit and critical miss]

Dexterity check (DC 10): 1D20 = [2] = 2 (fails)

20% Miss Chance for Maur's Attacks vs. Tarrak: 1D100 = [73] = 73
1D100 = [52] = 52

I'm not sure what I should be rolling for damage. Holy Warrior says that you use your Wisdom bonus instead of your Strength bonus on attack and damage rolls, but in your mini-stats, you're adding another +3 from something else. Recitation only adds +3 to the attack roll, not the damage roll.

Holy Warrior uses the character's Wisdom modifier in place of the Strength modifier, as noted below:
Holy Warrior (Sp): At 5th level, you can spend one daily use of your turn/rebuke undead ability as a swift action to bring your Wisdom into play in combat. For 5 rounds after you activate this ability, you can use your Wisdom modifier in place of your Strength modifier on attack rolls and damage rolls.

This is how I'm calculating it...
1d8 +2 (magical enhancement) +6† (Str or Wis 18 [Holy Warrior]) +2 (Heroism) +2 (Fist of the Gods [lasts 2 more rounds?])
† Two-handed, right?
Maur's damage to Tarrak: 1D8+12 = [8]+12 = 20

Your PC sheet for Maur shows this: WIS 18 (+4) (+1@4th +1@8th). Does that mean his Wisdom is actually 20?
Hmm, that would explain it for using his warhammer two-handed.

Maur's damage to Tarrak (if his Wisdom is 20): 20 +3 = 23
Is that right?
Tarrak - Will save vs Maur's Hammer: 1D20+23 = [12]+23 = 35 (saves)

Last edited:

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
I want to sing a song about Sssmo the fiery elemental if a bard doesn't. :D

However, Caerth, Maur, and Quinn must also make a DC 12 Reflex saving throws, as the flames from the exploding elemental's destruction will rush out to 10 feet. On a successful save, the damage is only 1d6. If the save is failed, the character takes 2d6 fire damage and also catches on fire.

The rolls:
Tarrak - Reflex save vs. falling Small Fire Elemental: 1D20+15 = [7]+15 = 22 (saves)
Physical and fire damage from falling Small Fire Elemental: 2D6 = [3, 4] = 7
2D6 = [1, 1] = 2
So, Tarrak takes 3 points of physical damage and 1 point of fire damage.

If any of the PCs fail the DC 12 Reflex save, they take 2 points of fire damage and catch on fire. It's only 1 point on a successful save. ;)

@JustinCase and @ScottDeWar_jr, roll DC 12 Reflex saves for Caerth and Quinn.

Reflex save Caerth: 1D20+7 = [9]+7 = 16

So only 1 fire damage.

Updated stats (including the 1 fire damage and 3 damage from Damning Darkness):
Non-wildshaped stats:

Ghoul Fever (Su): Disease—bite, Fortitude DC 12, incubation period 1 day, damage 1d3 Con and 1d3 Dex.

AC 19
HP 44/58
Fort 10, Ref 7, Will 10
Speed 20 (medium armor)
Base attack: +6/+1
Melee attack: +13/+8 spear +1 (twohanded, damage 1d8+8, crit x3)
Melee attack: +13/+8 Kang (magical dagger, damage 1d4+6, crit 19-20/x2, thrown 10ft)
Ranged attack: +12 composite longbow +1 (+4 str bonus) (damage 1d8+6, crit x3)
Note: Extra 2d6 damage on charge attacks (wild rhino hide); power attack means up to BAB penalty to attack and same amount bonus on damage

Level 0 (6): create water, create water, detect magic, detect poison, purify food and drink, read magic
Level 1 (5): cure light wounds, entangle, magic fang, obscuring mist, speak with animals
Level 2 (5): flaming sphere, lesser restoration, mass snake’s swiftness, master air, summon swarm
Level 3 (4): giant’s wrath, snare, remove disease, spirit jaws
Level 4 (2): spike stones, ice storm
Level 5 (1): baleful polymorph

Wild Shapes 1/3
HP: 31/32
AC 22
Fort 6, Ref 10, Will 5
Speed: 10 feet, fly 40 feet (average)
Base attack: +5
Melee attack: +11/+9 talons (multiattack, 1d4, distracting attack)
Special attacks: Flyby Attack, multiattack
Special qualities: low-light vision, link, share spells, evasion, devotion, multiattack
Skills: Listen +15, Move silently +20, Spot +8 (in shadows +16) (not sure if these numbers are correct... haven't adjusted for level-up)
Feats: Weapon Finesse, Toughness (racial sub level 1), Flyby Attack, Distracting Attack
Tricks known (max 10): Attack (all creatures, counts as 2 tricks), Come, Down, Fetch, Seek, Stay, Work, Defend, Heel

ScottDeWar_jr

second birthdate : 15 Dec 2011
Good morning every one. This past weekend I felt like crap. The reason: I got my flu shot on Thursday and had forgot what it does. I hope I didn't miss any need to post.

Remove ads