• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[LPF] Return to Boar's Ridge

Aura

Explorer
Tamarie the Songweaver
Tamarie looks at the shelter built by the dwarf with a look of concern, as if determining what she is to do next. Opening her pack, she produces a hammer and piton and finds the largest tree in the stand and drives the piton into the trunk on the dry side. She then puts the hammer back in the pack and shuts it tight, hanging it from the piton and keeping it off the ground.

At Darvus' comment on setting watches, the elf-blooded sorceress takes notice. "I'd forgotten about that," she confesses. "I am used to traveling with trade caravans and mooching off the guards' effort. I guess I should take a watch too, then."

[sblock=OOC]Although we now seem to be committed to a course of action, the reason I asked when we left Venza was to determine if an Inn was likely to be anywhere close, assuming 1-day-travel spacing. Perhaps I should have asked sooner.

Shifting gears, the makeshift shelter built by Mudzum, I would assume we'd be in there pretty tight? Let me know.[/sblock]

[sblock=Tamarie Mini Stats]Tamarie
AC: 12 (10 flat-footed, 12 touch)
HP: 7/7
CMB: +0 CMD: 12

Fort: +1 Reflex: +2 Will: +2
Perception: +2 Sense Motive: +0
Initiative: +2

First Level spells remaining: 4/4
Heavenly Fire remaining: 7/7
Bolts remaining: 20/20

Current Weapon in Hand: none
Current Conditions in Effect: none
Temporary items in possession: none
Items not currently in possession: none
Items depleted: none
Money: +50gp(retainer),-25gp(horse rental)[/sblock]

resrick

First Post
144px-The_Alchemist_by_yuumei.jpg

As everyone begins to set up in the small little copse of trees, Devlin finds a nice area underneath some tightly interwoven branches to tie up Molly to help shelter her from the storm. Seeing the others not quit sure what to do with there newly acquired steeds, he grabs the reigns from each in turn and helps to tie them up near Molly.

After the horses are secured and cleaned properly, his small tent goes up with ease and he crawls inside his tent and pulls out a small candle to light. With the small glow of the little flame, he sits and writes more words down into his journal as the others finish setting up camp.

"If we are setting up guard shifts feel free to wake me when it is my turn. Until then I bid you all good evening."

With those last few words, Devlin puts away the little book, blows out the candle, and curls up with beneath his bedroll. It is not long before heavy breathing with a slight snore can be heard by his allies not far away.

[sblock=ooc] Just so we know, I resent that drinking at 8 am comment lol. [/sblock]

[sblock=ministats]Devlin Eldlya

AC: 16 (13 flat-footed, 14 touch)
HP: 10/10
CMB:+0 CMD: 13
Fort: +4 Reflex: +6 Will: +1

Perception: +6
Initiative: +5

Bombs: 6/6
Mutagen Prepared: Dexterity (+4 DEX +2 Nat Armor - 2 WIS)

Extracts Prepared: 1: Bomber’s Eye/Targeted Bomb Admixture 2: ___
Formulae List: Bomber's Eye, Cure Light Wounds, Disguise Self, Enlarge Person, Targeted Bomb Admixture

Current Conditions in Effect: None

Used Items:
None

Read more: http://livingpf.wikia.com/wiki/Devlin_(resrick)
[sblock= Devlin's Journal]
Day 1 - Our journey hasn't yet to begin, but I am all aflutter with excitement. A man named Cratchen has hired us to go to a place near boar's ridge to help put down a few necromancer goblins that seem to have made their home there. Doesn't seem like the last set of adventurers did much good for the place. HE said he wants the place cleaned out completely and I think I have some ideas for that. (Scribbles of a mathematical formula are scribbled along the next couple of lines) Oh, my companions seem to be pretty strong. There is Yoseph, Muzdum, Darvus, and now Tamarie. I'm sure this will be a most exciting adventure thats for sure.

We have run into some most fascinating creatures on our way out of town. They look like a mix between horses and eagles. It seems to me they enjoy playing jokes on would be travelers though because they continue to laugh uncontrollably at our poor clerics misfortune. Note: These creatures would make magnificent mounts if they could be trained properly. I will have to do some research on a potion that would make them more docile. Note 2: I should also figure out what the creatures are called. Maybe some books will show me when we get back from our adventure.

We have finally stopped on our journey to Boar's Ridge, but sadly were unable to find an inn anywhere close by. I guess tonight my little tent will have to suffice. Anyways, the adventure has been pretty boring thus far, but I am excited to finally reach this place very soon. I truly wonder what type of great things we will see once we get there. Note: Do not forget to prepare my Nimble Cat Mutagen and Bomber's Eye/Targeted Bomb Admixture in the morning.

[/sblock]
[/sblock]

G

Guest 11456

[sblock=Yosephus]You forgot to pack a lunch. I don't see any trail rations on your sheet. What are you going to do for dinner?[/sblock]

[sblock=DM]Oops! That is correct. It looks like my character will slowly die of starvation. I remember thinking about buying some rations at one time, but apparently never posted such. So the only alternatives are to forage for food, ask to borrow food, or change one of my orisons to 'purify food and drink' and hope I find something to purify. Or I guess there is also DM intervention.[/sblock]

Aura

Explorer
[sblock=Rations]It's my understanding that, for a medium creature, it's 1 day per pound. This said, just bring it up IC and I'm sure we can figure something out.[/sblock]

Satin Knights

First Post
With no fire, and the mild rain, the night is quite uncomfortable for everyone other than Devlin. Huddling together under the makeshift shelter at least keeps your clothes from being thoroughly soaked.

Darvus keeps the first watch, and it is peaceful. No one is traveling the road in this weather, so there is not much to see. When Tamarie takes her turn guarding the others, she does spot a fox in the woods snooping around and sniffing. It only takes a wave of her hand to spook the creature and it trots of looking for something a bit smaller to contend with. In the wee hours, Tamarie wakes Devlin for his watch. He keeps an ear out, for there is not much a halfling can see on an overcast night without the stars and moon. Luckily nothing more comes investigating.

As dawn breaks, the rain subsides.

[sblock=Status]11/11 HP ~ AC 16 ~ Darvus ~
12/12 HP ~ AC 17 ~ Yosephus ~
26/26 HP ~ AC 22 ~ Muzdum ~
10/10 HP ~ AC 16 ~ Devlin ~
..7/7..HP ~ AC 12 ~ Tamarie ~
[/sblock]

resrick

First Post
GOOD MORNING GROUP!!!

144px-The_Alchemist_by_yuumei.jpg

As the dawn begins to break during Devlin's shift, the others remain fitfully resting beneath their makeshift shelter. Thankful the night brought no creatures to mess with the group during the night, Devlin stands from his watch and walks over to Molly and pulls a small bag that tinkle slightly as he goes back to sit on remainder of his watch until the others awake. He fires up a small burner and places a few beakers and begins mixing various substances together. At the same time he places one small stove to the side of the beakers with a little bit of salted meat to help calm his rumbling stomach.

As the morning goes on, and he can hear the others stirring, ready to awake and be on their way on the road, he finishes the last preparations of Usual Nimble Cat Mutagen and his homemade concoction of
Bomber's Eye and Targeted Bomb Admixture. He looks over to the other and smile slightly to himself adding the last ingredient...VWOOOOOF!!! a slightly loud pop goes up from the two formulae mixing suddenly startling the horses slightly on their tethers (except Molly who seems to roll her eyes at the little alchemist's jest).

"Hehe" he laughs to himself as the others wake from their sleep to begin the day.

[sblock=OOC] lol being the last one on shift I just couldn't help myself but to do my special wakeup alarm ^_^. Also needed to check one thing before definitely making the Admixture. If I read correctly, alchemists are able to combine different formulae together into a single concoction when they prepare it, but does this take up multiple slots or still just the one?

Also, I prepare my Dexterity Mutagen and if the two only take up a single slot then I prepare 1 of my daily extracts (again).
[/sblock]

[sblock=ministats]Devlin Eldlya

AC: 16 (13 flat-footed, 14 touch)
HP: 10/10
CMB:+0 CMD: 13
Fort: +4 Reflex: +6 Will: +1

Perception: +6
Initiative: +5

Bombs: 6/6
Mutagen Prepared: Dexterity (+4 DEX +2 Nat Armor - 2 WIS)

Extracts Prepared: 1: Bomber’s Eye/Targeted Bomb Admixture 2: ___
Formulae List: Bomber's Eye, Cure Light Wounds, Disguise Self, Enlarge Person, Targeted Bomb Admixture

Current Conditions in Effect: None

Used Items:
None

Read more: http://livingpf.wikia.com/wiki/Devlin_(resrick)
[sblock= Devlin's Journal]
Day 1 - Our journey hasn't yet to begin, but I am all aflutter with excitement. A man named Cratchen has hired us to go to a place near boar's ridge to help put down a few necromancer goblins that seem to have made their home there. Doesn't seem like the last set of adventurers did much good for the place. HE said he wants the place cleaned out completely and I think I have some ideas for that. (Scribbles of a mathematical formula are scribbled along the next couple of lines) Oh, my companions seem to be pretty strong. There is Yoseph, Muzdum, Darvus, and now Tamarie. I'm sure this will be a most exciting adventure thats for sure.

We have run into some most fascinating creatures on our way out of town. They look like a mix between horses and eagles. It seems to me they enjoy playing jokes on would be travelers though because they continue to laugh uncontrollably at our poor clerics misfortune. Note: These creatures would make magnificent mounts if they could be trained properly. I will have to do some research on a potion that would make them more docile. Note 2: I should also figure out what the creatures are called. Maybe some books will show me when we get back from our adventure.

We have finally stopped on our journey to Boar's Ridge, but sadly were unable to find an inn anywhere close by. I guess tonight my little tent will have to suffice. Anyways, the adventure has been pretty boring thus far, but I am excited to finally reach this place very soon. I truly wonder what type of great things we will see once we get there. Note: Do not forget to prepare my Nimble Cat Mutagen and Bomber's Eye/Targeted Bomb Admixture in the morning.
[/sblock]
[/sblock]

Aura

Explorer
Tamarie the Songweaver
Woken by the sudden alchemical explosion, Tamarie the Songweaver smiles gently and nods to the source. Stepping a hundred yards or so away from camp and finds herself an acceptable clearing. Facing the sun, she begins to practice her voice, beginning with the basics: scales followed by arpeggios in the same key. After over a dozen iterations, she switches to more challenging drills. Finally, Tamarie practices the sorts of songs most would think of as music, albeit not in the Venzan tongue, but rather in a lilting language completely alien to the Landellian Baronies.

Content with the first phase of her morning ritual, she pulls out some paper from a waterproof bag in her backpack and reads it, then practices one of the songs contained therein, experimentally changing it, condensing the musical language down to a little at the time. Every few iterations, she tries something a little different, and makes some sort of notes on the result. The process continues until she has spent her allotted time on the entire process, at which point she quietly collects her things and returns to camp to prepare for the day's travel.

[sblock=Yosephus]The language of Tamarie's music is obviously Celestial, and the full songs from the first half of her practice have a decidedly religious theme, identifying deities such as Cortesia, Hinotheus, Ruvalra, Amenthia and Thalina.[/sblock]

[sblock=Tamarie Mini Stats]Tamarie
AC: 12 (10 flat-footed, 12 touch)
HP: 7/7
CMB: +0 CMD: 12

Fort: +1 Reflex: +2 Will: +2
Perception: +2 Sense Motive: +0
Initiative: +2

First Level spells remaining: 4/4
Heavenly Fire remaining: 7/7
Bolts remaining: 20/20

Current Conditions in Effect: none
Temporary items in possession: none
Items not currently in possession: none
Items depleted: none
Money: +50gp(retainer),-25gp(horse rental)[/sblock]

Last edited:

Voda Vosa

First Post
Muzdum

Last night was really good, for the expectations Muzdum had. Not volunteering for watch allowed the dwarf to take a long relaxing sleep, even in the rain. He snored loudly and to those taking watch, there was no doubt waking him up in an emergency would have been almost impossible. The violent explosion seems to shake him slightly, he shifts in place, murmuring something, and is soon awake. Despite the long sleep, his humour doesn't seem the best in the morning. Without a word he works his way into his armor, and then sits again, and begins munching a piece of dry cheese.

G

Guest 11456

Yosephus Errol Smithe, Cleric of Amenthia, the Healing Hand

As morning breaks, Yosephus communes with Amenthia to prepare his spells for the day.
[sblock=Actions/Rolls]Actions:
Switching out the orison Purify Food and Drink for Virtue.

Rolls:
None[/sblock][sblock=Yosephus Mini Stats]Yosephus Errol Smithe
AC: 17 (10 flat-footed, 17 touch)
HP: 12/12
CMB: +0 CMD: 10

Fort: +4 Reflex: +1 Will: +6
Perception: +3 Sense Motive: +9
Initiative: +0

Current Weapon in Hand: Morningstar
Spells:
Orisons: Guidance, Resistance, Virtue
1st Level: Bless, Shield of Faith, CLW (Domain)
Domain Powers Remaining Today:
Rebuke Death: 6/6
Resistant Touch: 6/6
Race Features:
Halo Status: ON
Incorruptible: 1/1[/sblock]

Remove ads