(OOC) Emerald City Knights

Thanee

First Post
[MENTION=478]Thanee[/MENTION] I'll probably go with the way you have if for now. Intelligence is just so expensive for what it gives. Two points for three skill points vs four to just buy the skills. It just seems weird to have only an intelligence of one.

And there I thought, the change you made (with Jack-of-all-Trades) actually makes the higher Intelligence worth it even from a mechanical point of view (apart from obviously being how you imagine the guy), because it applies to ALL Int Skills then (a lot of those are trained only), like ALL Expertises. :)

Int 1 is still above average, though, so he is still smart, just not exceptionally smart.

I think both works... my write-up has a few more options during combat (with the Defend/Disarm/Weapon-Bind combo), while yours is more Jack-of-all-Trades (quite literally). But I think both have their merits.

Bye
Thanee

Thanee

First Post
Here's the current sheet for BlackWing:

[SBLOCK=BlackWing]BlackWing

Real Name Samuel Oryn
Gender male
Age 27
Height 6' 2"
Weight 220 lbs
Hair black
Eyes blue

Power Level 10
Power Points 150

Experience 0
Hero Points 1

Abilities:
Strength 4
Stamina 4
Agility 6
Dexterity 2
Fighting 4
Intellect 5
Awareness 6
Presence 0

Power Points: 62 PP

Offense:
Initiative +6
Unarmed +13 (Close, Damage 7)
Boomerang +14 (Ranged (150/300/600), Damage 6)
Smart Bola +12 (Ranged (80/200/400), Dodge DC 18 (Homing 1) → Hindered+Vulnerable/Immobile+Defenseless/- (Reversible); Charges)
Flash Grenade (Ranged (250) Burst Area, Dodge DC 20 → Will DC 15/20 → Impaired/Disabled/Unaware (Visual); Charges)
Stun Grenade (Ranged (250) Burst Area, Dodge DC 20 → Fortitude DC 15/20 → Dazed/Stunned/-; Charges)
Smoke Bomb (Close Cloud Area, Concealment Attack 4 (Visual); Charges)

Charges: 5/5

Defense:
Dodge 12
Parry 12
Will 8
Fortitude 8
Toughness 8

Power Points: 20 PP

Skills:
Athletics +6(2)
Close Combat: Unarmed +13(9)
Insight +10(4)
Intimidation +9(9) [+15 with Voice Amplifier]
Investigation +15(10)
Perception +15(9)
Ranged Combat: Thrown +14(12)
Stealth +15(9)

Power Points: 32 PP

Advantages:
Benefit: Wealth 4
Contacts
Equipment 3
Jack-of-all-Trades
Power Attack
Startle
Takedown 1
Well-Informed

Power Points: 13 PP

Powers:
“Fighting Gloves” [Invented / Technological]
Damage 3 - (Power Cost: 3x1-1 = 2 PP)
» Flaw: Removable [-1 PP]

“Armored Costume” [Invented / Technological]
Protection 4 - (Power Cost: 4x1-1 = 3 PP)

“Gliding Wings” [Invented / Technological]
Flight 4 - (Power Cost: 4x1-1 = 3 PP)
» Flaw: Gliding [-1]

“Face Mask” [Invented / Technological]
Senses 4 - (Power Cost: 4x1-1 = 3 PP)
» Effect: Infravision
» Effect: Low-Light Vision
» Effect: Radio
» Effect: Tracking

“Voice Amplifier” [Invented / Technological]
Enhanced Intimidation 6 - (Power Cost: 6x½-1 = 2 PP)

“Utility Belt” [Invented / Technological]
Array (8 PP per Configuration) - (Structure Cost: 8+5-3 = 10 PP)
» Extra: Alternate Effect 5 [+5 PP]
» Flaw: Removable [-3 PP]
------------------------------------------------------------
[SBLOCK=Configurations]“Grapple Gun” [Invented / Technological]
Movement 4 - (Power Cost: 4x2 = 8 PP)
» Effect: Safe Fall
» Effect: Swinging
» Effect: Wall-Crawling 2
“Boomerang” [Invented / Technological]
Damage 2 - (Power Cost: 2x2+4x1 = 8 PP)
» Extra: Increased Range 6
“Smart Bola” [Invented / Technological]
Affliction 8 - (Power Cost: 8x1+2-2 = 8 PP)
» Defense: Dodge
» Conditions: Hindered+Vulnerable/Immobile+Defenseless/-
» Extra: Alternate Resistance (Dodge) [+0]
» Extra: Extra Condition [+1]
» Extra: Increased Range [+1]
» Extra: Homing 1 [+1 PP]
» Extra: Reversible [+1 PP]
» Flaw: Limited Degree [-1]
» Flaw: Unreliable (Charges) [-1]
» Flaw: Diminished Range 1 [-1 PP]
» Flaw: Inaccurate [-1 PP]
“Flash Grenade” [Invented / Technological]
Affliction 10 - (Power Cost: 10x1-2 = 8 PP)
» Defense: Will
» Conditions: Impaired/Disabled/Unaware (Visual)
» Extra: Area (Burst) [+1]
» Flaw: Limited (One Sense: Visual) [-1]
» Flaw: Diminished Range 2 [-2 PP]
“Stun Grenade” [Invented / Technological]
Affliction 10 - (Power Cost: 10x1-2 = 8 PP)
» Defense: Fortitude
» Conditions: Dazed/Stunned/-
» Extra: Area (Burst) [+1]
» Flaw: Limited Degree [-1]
» Flaw: Diminished Range 2 [-2 PP]
“Smoke Bomb” [Invented / Technological]
Concealment 4 (Visual) - (Power Cost: 4x2 = 8 PP)
» Extra: Area (Cloud) [+1]
» Extra: Attack [+0]
» Flaw: Unreliable (Charges) [-1][/SBLOCK]

Note: The 5 Charges are probably shared over all alternate powers with that limitation.

Power Points: 23 PP

Equipment:
Headquarter 15 (The Black Cave - Size: Large, Toughness: 10, Features: Communications, Computer, Concealed, Gym, Infirmary, Laboratory, Library, Living Space, Power System, Security System, Workshop)

Complications:
Justice
Secret Identity (Samuel Oryn Main stockholder of Oryn Industries, and heir to the Oryn fortune)
Enemy

Description:
Tall Dark and Average?
Seems how most see him, the only son of deceased Samuel Oryn Sr. CEO of Oryn Industries.
As BlackWing think Batman with a solid black color scheme.

Black_Fox_II_001.jpg

Background:
Used to living in the lap of luxury, as scion of the Oryn dynasty, Sam jr. had a mispent youth until the death of his father under mysterious circumstances, most likely by a competitor, Sam is the major stockholder in Oryn Industries and heir to the Oryn name and fortune. While techincally he has the right to be CEO, the board doesn't see it that way. They still see the Sam of his mispent youth, and Sam likes it that way. It gives him time for his new project, discovering who killed his father, and making sure it doesn't happen to others. To this end, he has developed the identity of BlackWing using his money for training and experimental equipment, developed by Oryn Industries, Head of Reasearch, James Bromely, longtime friend of the Oryn family. As BlackWing he takes to the skies of Emerald City, to make sure others don't suffer as he did. To protect family, mostly his younger sister Kate, and friends such as his college pals and James, he maintains the illusion of layabout, with sometime interest in the stockmarket.

Power Point Summary: Abilities 62 PP + Defense 20 PP + Skills 32 PP + Advantages 13 PP + Powers 23 PP = 150 PP[/SBLOCK]

Last edited:

rangerjohn

Explorer
You know I do like the Joat better. It fits more with his bouncing around until his father's death. Skilled at a lot of things but master of none. I still see him relatively new to the martial arts as well. Just intense study after his father's death. His main concern has been the detective expect, to help find out about his father's death.

Thanee

First Post
Distracting Every time you maintain your Variable power (i.e. every round) would count for Distracting. Not sure if you would enjoy playing that.

Oi! You are right... I thought "using" would refer to "activating" (i.e. whenever she changes the Variable power), but that is certainly a bit much of a disadvantage. :lol:

I will look into it...

Variable Variable supposedly has a built in limiter so it adheres to a tight concept. Like a physical shapeshifter or power mimic. You have stuff ranging from physical alterations to skill enhancements (combat computers?) to quickness & create. It ends up looking to me like it was used as a point savings instead of sticking to a concept. Maybe if I understood the descriptors better?

Well, the idea is, that she has access to the material the car was composed of. She has absorbed the car with some real high-tech stuff in it (fusion reactor, thrusters, advanced board computer, etc). And she can make use of them in creative ways.

The thrusters (apart from offering that extra point of Speed over what realistic sports cars can manage) are what is behind her very limited Flight capabilities. Because she can vary her own mass between human and car, the effect of the thrusters also varies between some extra Speed or limited Leaping (for the Exoskeleton form) and slow Flight (Power Armor form; think Iron Man, just not quite as impressive) or improved Gliding (Glider Wings form; with half Flight/half Gliding, more effective than in Power Armor form, due to folding wings on her back). They also form the basis of her Blast power (Power Armor form; again, think Iron Man).

"Combat computer" was my idea with the Accurate Extra for the Blast. She can probably put that computing power to other uses as well (i.e. Quickness; mentioned again somewhere below).

The skill enhancers (it's just for Close Combat IIRC) were mostly to balance things out, of course.

The Enhanced Defenses are mostly out of necessity (to keep them PL appropriate), because Growth changes these things around quite a bit, so I have to have a bit of leeway in her "natural" setup (i.e. w/o any use of Variable) to allow for the changes possible with her power.

Regeneration One of the powers I am really leery of letting into my games. Especially if it seems sort of "tacked on" to a concept.

My thought here was, that basically having a fusion reactor as part of your organism gives you tremendous amounts of energy, which can be used in various ways. One of those would be her ability to recreate herself (which I also find fitting considering, that her main power is pretty much exactly about recreating herself).

( That is also the idea behind the Quickness in the Engineering form, basically supercharging herself with a lot of energy, and multi-tasking (controlling her multiple arms in that form at once), probably with the help of some raw computing power. )

But if you have a problem with Regeneration per se from a game balance view, I can drop it. Not much of a problem there. It's not a core ability for her, just something neat, which I found fitting.

Concept I like the concept of "thrillseeking rich girl" turned racecar driver who basically becomes a autobot. But with her skills and advantages she ends up more like Mister Terrific who becomes an Autobot.
+15 technology makes her more than "a bit of a gearhead".

The way she is written up right now, she is more than "a bit of a gearhead", of course. She will have been involved heavily in the design of the super car.

Then, I thought, that being merged with advanced technology should give you some better understanding of the technology, hence the higher than normal skill level.

That whole techy angle is something I can remove from the concept, though, if you think it stretches it too far.

Improved Crit of 2 ranks in Unarmed is more than you learn at your local YMCA. Not that I am against people wanting to be good at stuff but the background does not represent how she got all this training.

I can lower it to 1, if that seems more appropriate?

That plus the Regeneration PP would allow me to remove the Distraction Flaw completely. :)

Why she strived to hob-knob with people of influence and established contacts and connections.

That is part of her race driving career, and her family background. She will have met a lot of important people through that. And she will have been exposed to social situations quite a bit, too. Jetset life and all that (didn't go into detail here with the background, but I guess it can be implied given the rest of her background). Hence the good social skills.

Similar to a female version of "Tony Stark", pretty much, in that regard.

As a side note: The choice of her last name "Stark" is actually a coincidence, and not related to Iron Man in any way (I didn't even know much about Iron Man before the first movie, which is from 2008; the first character write-up is from 2007 :)). Also, when I speak of Iron Man above, I always speak of the movies.

It might also be worth noting, that she does not have a secret identity.

Why did she learn detective skills and/or forensic training?

This is something I thought she would have learned mostly during her hero career, but I think I was seeing the Investigation skill a little different when I wrote this (it is a bit of a catch-all skill, really, combining the "D&D Skills" of Search and Gather Information with criminal forensics, surveillance, etc)... right now it looks a little tacked on to me, too. I will put those skill points to good use elsewhere. :)

Bye
Thanee

Last edited:

Walking Dad

First Post
GREYHOUND III below

(the costume (bought as equipment) of the Costumed Adventurer Archetype also provides more Protection than the leather in the equipment section)

---

[sblock=Greyhound]
Greyhound72.jpg

STRENGTH 2
AGILITY 4
FIGHTING (6) 10
AWARENESS 1
STAMINA 2
DEXTERITY 3
INTELLECT 0
PRESENCE 0

POWERS
Fast Attack: Damage 1, Strength-based, Multiattack and Penetrating on 5 Damage • 11 points
• Damage 1, Strength-based, Burst Area and Selective on 5 Damage • 1 point

Fast Martial Arts: Enhanced Dodge 11, Enhanced Parry 5, Enhanced Fighting 4 • 24 points

Super-Speed: Enhanced Initiative 3, Quickness 10, Speed 15 (64,000 MPH)• 28 points
• Super Recovery: Regeneration 10 (persistent) • 1 point

Run On Water: Movement 1 (Water Walking), Limited to While Moving • 1 point

Run Through Walls: Movement 1 (Permeate 1), Limited to While Moving • 1 points

Run Up Walls: Movement 2 (Wall-crawling 2), Limited to While Moving • 2 points

Device (easily removable) 2
clubs (Strength based damage 2) 2

ADVANTAGES
Agile Feint, Equipment 1, Improved Initiative 3, Instant Up, Luck 1, Move-by Action, Power Attack, Uncanny Dodge

EQUIPMENT (5 total)
Utility (Commlink GPS) 2
Armored Costume (Protection 3) 3

SKILLS
Acrobatics 4 (+8), Athletics 7 (+9), Close Combat: Batons 5 (+15) Intimidate 8 (+8), Expertise: (Martial Arts) 6 (+6), Perception 8 (+9)

OFFENSE
INITIATIVE +16
Throw +3 Ranged, Damage 2
Fast Attack +15 Close, Damage 5, Multiattack 5, Penetrating 5

DEFENSE
DODGE 15 FORTITUDE 10
PARRY 15 TOUGHNESS 5/2*
WILL 10 *Without Costume

COMPLICATIONS
Identity: James 'Jim' Marks
Motivation: Justice

Power Point Summary: Abilities 36 PP + Defense 17 PP + Skills 19 PP + Advantages 7 PP + Powers 71 PP = 150 PP

[sblock=Background]
James Marks never lived an ordinary life. Coming from a poor family in a bad part of the town, it was only a question of time before he was convicted for gang-related crimes.
But he was lucky. The man who beated him and the others as they tried to mug him sensed in his moves not only potential for gratness, but also that he was holding back, trying not to permanently hurt an innocent man.
As a martial arts instructor in a local dojo, he offered him training and shelter. James was soon good in many styles, but excelled in the Phillipinian stick-fighting art Escrima.

Growing up and becoming a teacher was great. Finding his true love was even better. But it was then when fate hit him hardest. His gang was now led by one of the others that were accompanying him on the botched robbery that changed his life. Back from prison after being judged as an adult, he was sure that James bailed him out.
They attacked James and his girlfriend Monica only a few streets away from the dojo. James fought valiently, holding his own versus fists, knifes and clubs. But he couldn't dodge bullets.
With Monica killed they left him dying in the alley. He was brought in the hospital and it seemed he had some epilleptic shock after being dignosed to never walk again.

The shock, trauma and grief triggered something in him, a latent mutation layn dormant so long.

First it channeled inward, throwing his healing capabilities in overdrive. Shocked and not sure what happened, he faked still needing a stick to walk properly. The healing ability was gone again.

He soon realized that he had now access to inhuman speed, that also improved his coordination, letting him execute martial arts move much to advanced for him before. Working as part time instructor and writing articles for various martial arts magazines, he started his vigilante career...

Taking his name from a local urban legend about a greyhound that hunts the wicked boys, able to outrun anyone, he become Greyhound.
[/sblock][/sblock]

Walking Dad

First Post
Alternative:

If the protection 3 costume is to much, I will reduce it to 2, like the archetype and make following changes:

STAMINA 3

EQUIPMENT (5 total)
Utility (Commlink, GPS, Rebreather) 3
Armored Costume (Protection 2) 2

SKILLS
Acrobatics 4 (+8), Athletics 8 (+8), Close Combat: Batons 5 (+15) Intimidate 8 (+8), Expertise: (Martial Arts) 5 (+5), Perception 8 (+9)

DEFENSE
DODGE 15 FORTITUDE 10
PARRY 15 TOUGHNESS 5/3*
WILL 10 *Without Costume

Power Point Summary: Abilities 38 PP + Defense 16 PP + Skills 18 PP + Advantages 7 PP + Powers 71 PP = 150 PP

Thanee

First Post
Here is an updated sheet with many of the changes, as mentioned above.

Removed Investigation and everything Technology-related.
Changed the Enhanced Close Combat to Accurate (same thing, different flavor).
I also swapped Contacts (because it requires the Investigation skill) out for Well-Informed, and updated the Background.

And I removed the Flaws from Variable and added the Action Extra to make it a Move Action.

Some freed-up points went into Equipment 4 for a nice Headquarter.

Here we go...

[SBLOCK=Fusion]Fusion

Real Name Fiona Stark
Gender female
Age 24
Height 5' 8"
Weight 130 lbs
Hair black
Eyes green

Power Level 10
Power Points 150

Experience 0
Hero Points 1

Abilities:
Strength 0
Stamina 4
Agility 4
Dexterity 2
Fighting 2
Intellect 0
Awareness 6
Presence 2

Power Points: 40 PP

Offense:
Initiative +4
Unarmed +8 (Close, Damage 0, Critical 19-20)
Default Unarmed +14 (Close, Damage 6, Critical 19-20)
Exoskeleton Unarmed +8 (Close, Damage 12, Critical 19-20)
Power Armor Blast +12 (Ranged, Damage 8, Critical 20)

Defense:
Dodge 6 (Default 10 | Glider Wings 10 | Exoskeleton 4)
Parry 6 (Default 10 | Glider Wings 10 | Exoskeleton 4)
Will 12
Fortitude 4 (Default 8 | Glider Wings 8 | Power Armor 8 | Car 8 | Exoskeleton 8)
Toughness 10 (Power Armor 14 | Car 14 | Exoskeleton 16)

Power Points: 12 PP

Skills:
Acrobatics +5(1)
Close Combat: Unarmed +8(6)
Deception +10(8)
Expertise: Current Events +1(1)
Expertise: Popular Culture +5(5)
Insight +10(4)
Perception +10(4)
Persuasion +10(8)
Vehicles +15(13)

Power Points: 25 PP

Advantages:
All-Out Attack
Attractive 2
Benefit: Wealth 4
Connected
Equipment 4
Improved Critical: Unarmed 1
Improved Trip
Power Attack
Skill Mastery: Vehicles
Well-Informed

Power Points: 17 PP

Powers:
“Fusion Transform” [Accidental / Technological / Matter|Radiation]
Variable 6 - (Power Cost: 6x8 = 48 PP)
» Extra: Action (Move Action) [+1]

[SBLOCK=Transform Templates]
[SBLOCK=Default]Enhanced Strength 4 - (Power Cost: 4x2 = 8 PP)

Enhanced Fighting 4 - (Power Cost: 4x2 = 8 PP)

Enhanced Dodge 4 - (Power Cost: 4x1 = 4 PP)

Enhanced Fortitude 4 - (Power Cost: 4x1 = 4 PP)

Speed 3 - (Power Cost: 3x1 = 3 PP)

Damage 2 - (Power Cost: 2x1+1 = 3 PP)
» Extra: Accurate 1 [+1 PP][/SBLOCK]

[SBLOCK=Glider Wings]Enhanced Dodge 4 - (Power Cost: 4x1 = 4 PP)

Enhanced Parry 4 - (Power Cost: 4x1 = 4 PP)

Flight 6 - (Power Cost: 3x2+3x1 = 9 PP)
» Flaw: Gliding 3 [-1]

Feature 1 - (Power Cost: 1x1 = 1 PP)
» Effect: Searchlights

8 PP left[/SBLOCK]

[SBLOCK=Power Armor]Protection 4 - (Power Cost: 4x1 = 4 PP)

Flight 1 - (Power Cost: 2x1 = 2 PP)

Blast 8 - (Power Cost: 8x2+4 = 20 PP)
» Extra: Accurate 5 [+5 PP]
» Flaw: Diminished Range [-1 PP][/SBLOCK]

[SBLOCK=Exoskeleton]Growth 4 - (Power Cost: 4x2+5 = 13 PP)
» Feature: Morph 1 [+5 PP]

Protection 2 - (Power Cost: 2x1 = 2 PP)

Speed 4 - (Power Cost: 4x1 = 4 PP)

Leaping 3 - (Power Cost: 3x1 = 3 PP)

Damage 8 - (Power Cost: 8x1 = 8 PP)

[SBLOCK=Image]
transformer.png
[/SBLOCK][/SBLOCK]

[SBLOCK=Sports Car]Growth 4 - (Power Cost: 4x2+5 = 13 PP)
» Feature: Morph 1 [+5 PP]

Feature 4 - (Power Cost: 4x1 = 4 PP)
» Effect: Headlights
» Effect: Internal Compartment
» Effect: Passenger Seat
» Effect: Navigation System

Senses 1 - (Power Cost: 1x1 = 1 PP)
» Effect: Radio

Enhanced Dodge 2 - (Power Cost: 2x1 = 2 PP)

Enhanced Parry 2 - (Power Cost: 2x1 = 2 PP)

Speed 8 - (Power Cost: 8x1 = 8 PP)

[SBLOCK=Image]
viper.png
[/SBLOCK][/SBLOCK]
[/SBLOCK]

“Fusion Resilience” [Accidental / Technological / Matter|Radiation]
Protection 6 - (Power Cost: 6x1 = 6 PP)
Immunity 1 (environmental Radiation) - (Power Cost: 1x1 = 1 PP)

“Fusion Outfit” [Accidental / Technological / Matter|Radiation]
Feature 2 - (Power Cost: 2x1-1 = 1 PP)
» Effect: Quick Change 2
» Flaw: Quirk (limited in color and material) [-1 PP]

Power Points: 56 PP

Equipment:
Headquarter 20 (Abandoned Factory Complex - Size: Huge, Toughness: 8, Features: Combat Simulator, Communications, Computer, Defense System, Fire Prevention System, Garage, Gym, Living Space, Personnel, Power System, Secret 3, Security System 3)

Complications:
Doing Good
Thrills
Fame

Description:
Fiona Stark is an attractive woman in her mid twenties. She is 5' 8" tall and weighs 130 lbs with a well-toned figure. Fiona has shoulder-long, raven-black hair and green eyes. She typically wears a red race driver suit with white stripes along the sides or various other outfits created out of the absorbed matter she has under control.

Background:
Fiona Stark, former race driver, daughter of industrial magnate Edward Stark, who also happens to be the owner of Stark Automobiles and the Stark Racing Team. Fiona is not only rich and beautiful, she also happens to be one of the best drivers in the world. She had the luxury of living a jetset life, with few responsibilities of her own. Quite naturally, she had been attracted to fast cars since she was old enough to drive, and being rather talented, she soon became a race driver in the Stark Racing Team with great success. Until one day, when she had that accident. Fiona was test driving a new super sports car with a brand new fusion-powered engine (the first of its kind), when she lost control of the insanely fast and powerful racing car. It was one of the most disastrous accidents in the history of the motorsport, and one of the strangest as well. The car burst into iridescent flames and was entirely consumed by the blazing fire. There was no trace left of it, when the helpers arrived. Nothing at all. Just the burn marks on the asphalt... and her. Fiona must have been catapulted outside, at least that's the only explanation, noone saw exactly what happened, because apart from a few bruises and scratches she was mostly unharmed, even though unconscious. What truely happend cannot really be explained, anyways. In truth, Fiona was inside the car still, when it went afire, and throughout the whole process; a process, which changed her in a fundamental way. She became one with her car, merged with it, assimilated it; it's hard to explain what exactly happened that day.

This was one year ago. Fiona had recovered in a hospital. The low amount of radiation detected around her was explained with the explosion of the small fusion reactor and considered harmless. A month after the accident, Fiona left the hospital and went back home. She ended her career as a race driver the day after. Fiona had found something else to pursue and explore... herself. Her new self. This experience gave Fiona a whole new level of understanding of Technology. Being merged with a car and having absolute control over the absorbed matter, being able to summon it and form it to your will, as well as having a sheer infinite amount of energy at your fingertips certainly takes some time getting used to. Being able to change yourself into the car, or rather, create the car around you, but being unable to leave it, because it is, somehow, a part of you, is also somewhat unusual to say the least. And once you realize, that it's not just the car, but just about anything you could create with the material, you need a strong will to not go insane. Luckily, Fiona never had a problem with that...

Power Point Summary: Abilities 40 PP + Defense 12 PP + Skills 25 PP + Advantages 17 PP + Powers 56 PP = 150 PP[/SBLOCK]

Bye
Thanee

Last edited:

Insight

Adventurer
Environment (Impede Movement) is limited to 2 degrees for a -2 to speed. The power doesn't allow for degrees bought beyond that. So Environment of 6 degrees bought at 4 ranks is impossible. While you could use the 30pp to buy up the ranks to a ridiculous radius. I would prefer if you didn't and leave it around where it is.

2 ranks seems like an arbitrary limit to me; that's why I tried to push the envelope and actually be able to affect speedsters. I guess by RAW, it cannot go above 2 ranks. So be it. Fortunately, Momentum has other ways to stop speedsters.

Senses Radius Sight powers limited to only detect movement is just weird to me.
I know it would be more expensive, but the power you seem to want is Detect (Motion) made accurate with range and radius on it. Perception limited only to your detect is definitely do-able

I'll have to take a look at it and see how much more it would cost.

Walking Dad

First Post

Equipment Stacking w/ Powers There is allowance for Str based damage to stack. I am going to assume he has metal batons (8 toughness) that means he will break his batons if he does over 8 damage. This is the limitation of equipment.
Is this a houserule?

just looked at the section I think you mention:

If a wielder exerts Strength greater than the weapon’s Toughness (4 for wooden weapons, 7 or 8 for metal weapons), the weapon breaks when it is used.
It is Strength, not Damage.
A STR 10 super cannot take a wooden board to deal 11 damage, using all his strength. He uses to much strength to keep it intact.

My characters Str is 2. Even with 2 from equipment and 1 from Power he does only 5 damage.

Power Attack and such don't add to the Strength. They also stand for good aiming and well placed blows. That is why you can use these Advantages with pistols.

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads