D&D 5E (OOC) Rise of the Dracolich (Full)

FitzTheRuke

Legend
We need @tglassy to post a teleport so everyone else can act. Assuming that's what he wants to do, T?

(It's true that there's not a lot of time for the characters to discuss it if they have any objections...Primus will have to make the decision on his own, I think. He can probably warn them so they're not confused by the shift, though.)

tglassy

Adventurer
Just to be a little meta:

If y’all don’t want Primus to teleport you, he doesn’t have to. It’s just the only thing I can think of that’ll get us to the dragon and let us attack it. We could keep trying to pick off the trolls while the dragon recharges, but the moment it does, we’re all toast.

Primus is just running out of steam. He can do a few big moves, but without being able to see his enemy, he’s pretty useless. I’m just not sure of what else to do.

gargoyleking

Adventurer
I'd say do it but Mord isn't in the group that would get teleported and Loklafd is on his last legs and probably won't suvive his next action whether it's attacking a skragg or the dragon.

I am considering what would happen if Mord dropped a shatter on the ice wall, but he doesn't even know it's there yet.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
One thing's clear: Everyone doing their own thing while trying to get at the dragon is not working.

Everyone TPing in there and surrounding it might get a few people killed, but it's the best chance to get the dracolich down. Otherwise, it's going to eventually recharge its breath, and if everyone doesn't all run in different directions, eveyrone's gonna die. (Running will only delay the inevitable).

Also, the Skraggs are a waste of time and resources, really, and TPing will get you away from them, at least temporarily.

Speaking as a DM who's "on your side" (in spite of throwing nasty threats at you and not holding back much), I think it's one of the only options at this point.

I honestly don't know how this is gonna go, but hasn't looked good up til now. I guess another option would be to flee... but I'm not sure that THAT would get very far either.

gargoyleking

Adventurer
Mord could also Dimension door himself up onto the ice wall thinking about it, assuming that it's thick enough to stand on. But if he does that he won't be able to cast any attack spells on the same turn. Complications.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Mord could also Dimension door himself up onto the ice wall thinking about it, assuming that it's thick enough to stand on. But if he does that he won't be able to cast any attack spells on the same turn. Complications.

He can stand on it, it's just not easy to get around on (slick, foggy, sharp, uneven ice, etc - still, he can wedge himself in). Maybe Mord should take the lead? It wouldn't be a stretch for him to DD himself up onto the ridge in an attempt to keep track of both sides of the fight. From a position atop the ledge, the trolls would disappear from his view into foggy darkness, but he's got a pretty good idea how it's going there. Depending on exactly where he winds up, he'll be able to at least spot Sesto's shield through the fog, and probably also the dracolich.

For DDoor to work, he'd have to cast it with a destination of something like "XX0 feet west (and somewhat up) along the ridge" as the destination. He won't be able to see where his door is going to take him, but he can visualize the ridge. He's not sure on the distance, so I'd say you'll have to pick between 150 to 200 feet. (Or roll 140+1D6x10 feet, if you like random estimates).

gargoyleking

Adventurer
It's a thought, but I'd want to be a bit more separated than that. From the group. No need to be grouped up for when/if the dracolich decides to breath on us.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases