D&D 5E (OOC) Rise of the Dracolich (Full)

FitzTheRuke

Legend
I do, and I have a "Lorenn" maneuver but I'm not sure if I have the actions to do it in 1 round.

What Loren wants to do is swoop by, give kalorn a lift to a scrag, hit the scrag while it's distracted by Kalorn and move on (doens't want to stay close). Also, use a bonus action to hit the scrag with the flaming sphere.

I think you'll agree that this is very "Lorenn-ish", I'm just not sure if it's feasible.

Sounds like Lorenn! You're right about the action economy though. Picking up Kalorn would take an action, and rolling the sphere is a bonus action. Unfortunately there's no way to get a second bonus action, so his cunning action wouldn't work to either dash or disengage. To make matters worse, the board only has a movement rate of 30 when it's carrying over 200lbs. So he wouldn't get far without dashing, and would provoke to get away unless he dropped poor Kalorn from over 10 feet up... d6 and prone.

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
Well he could let Kalorn walk part of the way after drop off (in other words, he doesn't have to get in AOE range., but yeah....

Also, that Scragg is close,b ut does it really matter? The important thing is the dragon! I'll wait to see what the sensor detects.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
The trolls were afraid of the Skraggs, which are no longer in sight, so I'll say that that fear's worn off (it says it lasts a minute, which is still a round or two away, but close enough). The cultists are faring terribly against the trolls. Heck, the trolls would do well against the Dragon, too... they're immune to it's breath weapon! (Though not it's claws and bite, though they'd just regenerate... there's a reason he drowned and made undead the ones that displeased him...)

tglassy

Adventurer
Primus could just start pelting the dragon with psychic attacks. Keep it pinned down. Wear out it’s Legendary Resistance. I just thought we should get on it and kill it to death before it kills us to death first.

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
If the Skraggs cause fear in the trolls, I guess it makes them valuable targets - although I hope we last long enough for the trolls to show up... I'll post tonight.

Last edited:

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
Ok - I realize that since Kalorn and Lorenn don't know about Primus's plan, I shouldn't be posting with that in mind, it's a bit meta gaming.

buuut I'm confused. I asked for clarification on skragg 3's position. The page says AW37, but it's clearly further "south" than that on the map - but you sat it was at AT33, which means it's further north, meaning it's moving towards Alhana. But then it wouldn't be illuminated by the flaming sphere. So... erm... help?

FitzTheRuke

Legend
I don't know why it says 33. It's at AT41. I don't think that I have ever screwed up where something is on the map itself. When in doubt go with the map. The key is just supposed to help us out, but I constantly fail to update the positions. Go with what it looks like over what is listed.

Remove ads