• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pathfinder: Rise of the Runelords, Burnt Offerings OOC

Fenris

Adventurer
All - I will be in holiday in North Devon (a little farm where the kids get to feed the animals twice a day) from the 26th of April until the 2nd of May. I will be without internet access during this time, and thus will not be able to post at all.

When i return things will be hotting up in Magnimar with some VERY DIFFICULT villains to get to grips with (and most are not undead, so Jovik's sneak attacks should work fine ;))

Well enjoy the farm. Sounds like fun.

And yeah for sneak attack working!

Since they are so very difficult I wonder if we ought not be 6th level or so? :angel:

Fenris

Adventurer
Alright I level up Jovik.
How were we doing HPs again?

Also, and this is directed to my fellow players mostly.

I took Two weapon fighting as my feat. I figure two attacks with sneak attack is pretty good. Though I just now realize I can't bluff then use both weapons. Hrmmm. Now it wil be handy some times. But two attacks with out sneak attack is not as good as one sneak attack.

I could go with Improved Init, always good for a rogue

Or even Weapon Focus (dagger) since that is my primary range and melee weapon.

Your thoughts?

I am really doubting the TWF now. It doesn't work with Improved Feint very well.

hewligan

First Post
See the character thread, but it was full HP at first level, then the following:

If you normally roll a D4, take 3
If you normally roll a D6, take 4
If you normally roll a D8, take 5
If you normally roll a D10, take 6
If you normally roll a D12, take 7

(basically mid point rounded up)

Two weapon fighting is cool, but yeah, it doesn't extend your existing feats and instead just adds a different form of fighting skill to Jovik. Saying that, if you are wanting to get more involved directly in combat rather than being the sniper, then I guess it could work.

Rhun

First Post
All When i return things will be hotting up in Magnimar with some VERY DIFFICULT villains to get to grips with (and most are not undead, so Jovik's sneak attacks should work fine ;))

Good for Jovik, but bad for Danth! LOL. Still, it seems like Danth has really gotten more than his fare share of credit in the last adventure, so now it is time for someone else to shine!

:)

Rhun

First Post
Here are my two cents:

I took Two weapon fighting as my feat. I figure two attacks with sneak attack is pretty good. Though I just now realize I can't bluff then use both weapons. Hrmmm. Now it wil be handy some times. But two attacks with out sneak attack is not as good as one sneak attack.

Two weapon fighting is great if you are going to build the PC around that concept. For a simple, straightforward rogue, I don't think it is a good plan. Especially since you get penalties to your attack bonus when you use it. Additionally, with a CON of 10 and Armor Class of 15, Jovik's staying power on the front-line is limited. And as you already pointed out, it doesn't work well with improved feint.

I could go with Improved Init, always good for a rogue

Can't go wrong with this. If Jovik win's initiative and acts while the foe is flat-footed, he can grab sneak attack damage even with a thrown dagger.

Or even Weapon Focus (dagger) since that is my primary range and melee weapon.

Not bad, but only a +1 to attack. I think there are better feat choices for him out there.

I'll do a little checking and see if I can't come up with some other decent feat ideas.

Fenris

Adventurer
Ok, TWF is out.
I am looking at Improved Init, nice for that first ranged strike
Dodge: AC is always nice

Or I was thining, Hewligan, will you accept a feat from the Player's Handbook 2? I was thinking about Improved Toughness since Jovik often is in the thick if things ;)

Especially with a high tumble score and things that can be affected by sneak attacks.

Rhun

First Post
Hey Hewligan, any chance that you'll be allowing Danth to branch into "Radiant Servant of Pelor (Sarenae)" prestige class from Complete Divine? If it is going to be allowed, I need to take that into consideration in choosing my feats and such.

(I realize it is generally considered a bit "over-powered;" but the truth is it focuses on healing and anti-undead, and in most other circumstances is slightly less powerful than a normal cleric due to the reduced hit points.)

hewligan

First Post
Hey Hewligan, any chance that you'll be allowing Danth to branch into "Radiant Servant of Pelor (Sarenae)" prestige class from Complete Divine? If it is going to be allowed, I need to take that into consideration in choosing my feats and such.

(I realize it is generally considered a bit "over-powered;" but the truth is it focuses on healing and anti-undead, and in most other circumstances is slightly less powerful than a normal cleric due to the reduced hit points.)

Being 'a bit over-powered' is pretty much a prerequisite to just survive a Paizo adventure (hence my +1 to attributes every 2 levels), so I have no problem at all about you taking this prestige class, although I do not have that book and thus you are going to have to make sure you include full details of any gained powers etc. in your character sheet.

So go for it.

Remove ads