log in or register to remove this ad

 

TUW: Welcome to the Jungle

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
Tor snorts at Vadin, "Patience, brother. While returning to Asylim to deal with Saucy is indeed part of the long-range plan, there is much groundwork to be laid before it can happen. We need to take this one step at a time. And the first step is recruitment."

Tor congratulates and welcomes Straso, and then returns his attention to Titus, hoping to clarify his earlier statement.

Tor explains, "What I mean is, Saucy wants all the control, all the money, and all the power. He wants ALL MERCHANTS, in and out of Asylim to pay fees and taxes to HIM, for the privilege of doing business. He wants his cut, even when he had nothing to do with starting the business, or helping it grow. He wants us ALL wearing a collar, this "criminal rehabilitation" stuff is a load of hogwash, a prelude to more invasive measures. He's introducing this collar concept slowly, so that people won't be threatened by it. They will say to themselves, 'I'm not a criminal, Saucy won't put me in a collar,' and they will fail to recognize that if they do or think ANYTHING that Saucy doesn't want them to, that's exactly what they'll be, CRIMINALS. This is how tyrants become tyrants. They start small, consolidate their power, and then when people start to realize what's going on, it's already too late. My friends and I believe that if a man starts his own business, and makes it grow through the fruits of his own labor, that he should reap all of the profit. Taxes paid by a community, to a rightful sovereign, for the betterment and protection of all, are one thing; taxes paid to a single man who just wants to be rich is another thing entirely. Saucy says that all of this stuff is for your common good, and your protection, but make no mistake: it is not. All of these things serve only one purpose: to make Saucy rich and powerful. With all due respect, I hope that we have now made that abundantly clear."
 
Last edited:

log in or register to remove this ad

Kwargrow

Gamer Extraordinaire
Sannit will also clasp wrists with Straso, and seeing that the recruitment is going well Sannit will smoothly pick up his spear, holding it casually and unthreatening. He turns and motions to Bolo to come forward. "My mate was afraid her pet bear would frighten you, but do not be alarmed. Turtle is not dangerous to you, unless you become a fish."

"Get into Asylim!? There is a bounty on your heads. That would be foolhardy."

Sannit says, "Sneaking into Asylim will be dangerous, but it is necessary. We must know the nature of the enemy we are against in order to better resist. Any information about Asylim that you can give us will be helpful, but we will have plenty of time to share stories on the way back to Southroad Fair. Let us be clear in that you are not trading one master for another. It is not our intention to rule, but to live and work and thrive together. Southroad Fair has a mayor, whom you will meet if you decide to make this trip, but he is in no way like the Magistry."

Bolo will shoulder her bow and come forward to stand next to Sannit, leading the animals with Turtle at her side.

How quick are you?

Sannit says to Robali, "Our skills we first learned as guards for the silk caravan, and as Seekers we have had many battles against beasts and hostile tribals in the untamed wilds. Would you care for a lesson? Mock combat only, of course. We can spar to first blood." If Riboli agrees then Sannit will shed his armor to make it fair, but he will not underestimate this opponent and use all his skill with the spear to end the fight quickly and decisively, aiming for a small cut where it can be easily seen. It is his hope to put an end to any of these people thinking they can collect the bounty.
 
Last edited:

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
Day 260: Furthering the Conversation

Tor explains, "What I mean is, Saucy wants all the control, all the money, and all the power..."
Titus interrupts, "By 'Saucy' you are referring to Suausedaserp. Yes? That must be some Centrin joke on his name. It sounds Centrin. I have no idea what his name may really means, as he is one of the two Amiradthan Magisters."

Tor nods and continues.
Tellerian Hawke said:
"He, (Saucy), wants ALL MERCHANTS, in and out of Asylim to pay fees and taxes to HIM, for the privilege of doing business. He wants his cut, even when he had nothing to do with starting the business, or helping it grow..."
Robali laughs and interrupts.
"Hold up a second. I think I see where you are going, but you are only partially right. You worked directly for his silk caravan, but 'Sua-derp' it a new Magister and he is the youngest. The merchants' fee is divided, we assume, equally among the seven. Magister Cotone is the oldest and longest standing, and he seems like a pretty decent man."
Tor is forced of his own cognizance to take pause, momentarily.
Tellerian Hawke said:
"(Well), he, (Sua-derp) wants us ALL wearing a collar, this 'criminal rehabilitation' stuff is a load of hogwash, a prelude to more invasive measures. He's introducing this collar concept slowly, so that people won't be threatened by it. They will say to themselves, 'I'm not a criminal, Saucy won't put me in a collar,' and they will fail to recognize that if they do or think ANYTHING that Saucy doesn't want them to, that's exactly what they'll be, CRIMINALS..."
Titus interject, again. "You may be on to something there. Only Sua-derp has done this and only to his own caravaners. I get the feeling there may be some serious conflict about this within the Magistry. I have heard rumor that Cotone is against it, but the motion had to carry a vote against him or it would not have happened. That means that of the seven Magisters, at least four must be in agreement to the collaring cruelty."
Making a bit further introspection, Tor continues.
Tellerian Hawke said:
"(That) is how tyrants become tyrants. They start small, consolidate their power, and then when people ... realize what's going on, it's already too late. My friends and I believe that if a man starts his own business, and makes it grow through the fruits of his own labor, that he should reap all of the profit. (Fees) paid by a community, to a rightful sovereign, for the betterment and protection of all, are one thing; (fees) paid to (uninvolved elitists) who just wants to be rich is another thing entirely. Saucy says that all of this stuff is for (the) common good, and your protection, but make no mistake: It is not. All of these things serve only one purpose: to make Saucy (more) powerful. With all due respect, I hope that (is now) abundantly clear."
Robali raises his eyebrows. Titus nods his head. "That is a lot of meat on the plate, for any of us to digest, I might add."

Sannit will also clasp wrists with Straso, and seeing that the recruitment is going well Sannit will smoothly pick up his spear, holding it casually and unthreatening. He turns and motions to Bolo to come forward. "My mate was afraid her pet bear would frighten you, but do not be alarmed. Turtle is not dangerous to you, unless you become a fish."
GM: Bolo begins moving into view, leading Turtle and the 11 horses.
OOC: Merin must decide if he want to move into view or remain hidden.

Many of the pickers suck in a breath at seeing so much of what was hidden come into view. The guards flinch, including Titus, who says, "You have a sunbear as a pet? Wow."

Robali stammers, "Those are windrunners! Where did you get windrunners? I thought those were a myth."

Kwargrow said:
Sannit says, "Sneaking into Asylim will be dangerous, but it is necessary. We must know the nature of the enemy we are against in order to better resist..."

Bolo will shoulder her bow and come forward to stand next to Sannit, leading the animals with Turtle at her side.

Sannit says to Robali, "Our skills we first learned as guards for the silk caravan, and as Seekers we have had many battles against beasts and hostile tribals in the untamed wilds. Would you care for a lesson? Mock combat only, of course. We can spar to first blood." If Riboli agrees then Sannit will shed his armor to make it fair, but he will not underestimate this opponent and use all his skill with the spear to end the fight quickly and decisively, aiming for a small cut where it can be easily seen. It is his hope to put an end to any of these people thinking they can collect the bounty.
Robali looks over at Titus, who shrugs. "Ha! I accept. You are thinking that reach will compensate for my faster weaponry. First blood it is. I will only nick your arm."
GM: Robali, despite his seeming false bravado, does not move like a fool or a buffoon. He draws his swords and works his shoulders, as Sannit shucks his armor. He then jumps a few times to obviously get his heart rate up and his blood flowing.

"Whenever you are ready."

GM: At Sannit's signal, Robali moves at him in weaving motion. His body shifting like an adder. Sannit realizes that the young man is, indeed, quite fast, almost as fast as himself. Sannit has the greater skill at arms and greater exposure to actual combat, even fighting much faster opponents. Robali catches the end of the spear in a rolling serpent strike of his right and thinks to follow it with a whip of his left. Sannit shifts his weight backward with a sliding step forcing his spearhead downward, which puts Robali out of position to connect with his left. Sannit pushes the spear forward with his right while releasing his left hand from the shaft. The spear tip slides passed Robali's sword nicking his arm and and his ribs. Sannit knows instinctively that had he curled his right arm as he pushed, he could have puncture the man's right lung.

Despite Robali's speed, the contest was of no real competition. Robali clamps his arm to his body to stymie the flow of blood. He reacts amazingly honorable at his loss.

"You barely even moved! I am considered to be very good among the Asylin Regulars. I would bet you could beat a Marshal."

GM: Many of the others gasp at the quick victory of Sannit. The other soldiers clank weapons to buckers twice in congratulations and an honorable point.

[sblock=Character Data]
OOC: Sheldon: full health
Indigo: full health
Tor: full health
Merin: full health
Bolo: full health
Sannit: full health
Turtle:full health
Saemund: full heath
Feroz: full health
Vadin: full health
[/sblock]
[sblock=Purchasing Power]
OOC:
Store Credit in Southroad Fair: 1123 clams
60 Plates: (platinum coin, 3000 clams)
10 Gold Ingots (200 clams)
50 Dublins: (gold coin, 1000 clams)
80 Rupees: (silver coin, 800 clams)
76 Ocrin: (tin coin, 76 clams)
20% Southroad Fair Olive Trade Proceeds
[/sblock]
[sblock=Current Party Holdings]
OOC:
2 Windrunner Stallions
8 Windrunner Mares
3 decorative saddles (San-Bolo, Saemund)
4 standard saddles (Tor, Sheldon, Indigo, Merin, Vadin)
4 Windrunner Colts (with pack rigs)
2 Harnin Mining Mauls
2 Harnin Mining Spikes
2 Harnin Pick Axes
drawing of Assassins' Guild symbol
parchment containing known message
[/sblock]
[sblock=Current Inventory]
OOC: Animal:

  • Anhinga Talisman: 1 (++ Cohesion)
  • Calling Bird Feet: 1 pair {+ Will}
  • Calling Bird Tail Feathers: 5 (1 item) {+ Will}
  • Chicken Feet: 2 pair {+ Confluence}
  • Chicken Tail Feathers: 3 (1 item) {+ Confluence}
  • Duck Tail Feathers: 3 (1 item) (+ Cohesion)
  • Duck Feet: 1 pair (+ Cohesion)
  • Flycatcher Talisman: 3 (+ Motility)
  • Gallinule Talisman: 1 (++ Confluence)
  • Harvester Feet: 1 pair (+ Health)
  • Harvester Tail Feathers: 5 (1 item) {+ Health}
  • Hawk Tail Feathers: 3 (1 item) {+ Strength}
  • Hawk Feet: 2 pair (+ Strength)
  • Huge Beetle Carapaces: 21
  • Mink Skulls: 4 (+ Adhesion)
  • Songbird Tail Feathers: 5 (1 item) {+ Persona}
  • Songbird Feet: 1 pair (+ Persona)
  • Tapir Hides: 9 (262% cover)
  • Volantin Skins: 6 (360% cover)
  • Volantin Venom Glands: 2 (- Persona x3)
  • Volantin Talons: 120 (++ Motility)
  • Vulture Talisman: 1 (+ Adhesion)

Metal:

  • Zinc Ingots: 14 (+ Health) {Mend x2}
  • Tin Ingots: 110 (+ Persona) {Muddle x2, - Persona x2}
  • Lead: 2 {Rend x2, -Health x2}
  • Iron Ingots: 37 (+ Confluence) {Mend x2}
  • Iron Bricks: 10
  • Aluminum Ingots: 7 (+ Motility) {Thump x2}
  • Chromium Ingots: 10 (+ Strength) {Rejuvenate x2}
  • Magnesium: 2 (+ Will) {Soothe x2, Mend x2, +Health x2}
  • Copper: 2 (+ Persona) {-Persona x2, Shock x2}
  • Molybdenum: 9 (+ Motility)
  • Palladium: 2 {sound x3}
  • Silver: 1 (+Will) {-Will x3}
Plant:

  • Muddle Leaf: 1 {Muddle x2}
  • Soothe Leaf: 2 (Soothe x2)
  • Rend Leaf: 1 {Rend x2}
  • Mend Leaf: 2 (Mend x2)
  • Muddle Flower: 1 {Muddle x3}
  • Soothe Flower: 1 {Soothe x3}
  • Leaves of Harmony: 1 (Harmony x2)
Stone:

  • Slate: 16 (Thump x2)
  • Bloodstone: 4 (+ Health) {Mend x2}
  • Sunstone: 1 (+ Persona) {Charm x2}
  • Heartstone: 3 (+ Confluence) {Mend x2}
  • Carbone Bricks: 35 (Heat x3)
  • Lodestone: 1: {Thump x2}
  • Slickstone: 1: {Cool x2}
  • Livestone: 2 (+ Strength) {Restoration x2}
  • Milkstone: 1 (+ Will) {Harmony x2}
  • Emberstone: 1 (+ Cohesion) {Charm x2}
  • Soft Brimstone Brick: 1: {heat x3}
  • Waterstone: 1 (+Motility)
  • Nightstone: 1 (+Adhesion) {darken x3}
  • Ruddystone: 1 (+Health)
  • Pietrazulfo Brick: 1 (Acidify x4, Heat x4)
.
[/sblock]
[sblock=Unknown Items]
OOC: Bird Skull (Heron): 1
[/sblock]
[sblock=Party Discoveries]
OOC:
Hidden Valley in the Western Jungle
Secluded Lake in Western Jungle with Mysterious Island
[/sblock]
 
Last edited:

Kwargrow

Gamer Extraordinaire
Sannit bows to Robali, not wanting to humiliate the man. "Thank you for the match. I have worked hard to perfect my style of spear combat, and have taken lessons from as far away as Boga City. You are very fast as well. If you choose to side with us, we will need strong, quick warriors to stand against Asylim." He wipes the blood from his spear tip and says, "This spearhead was made for me by the deceased blacksmith I told you of. He was a skilled man and a good friend."

I have heard rumor that Cotone is against it, but the motion had to carry a vote against him or it would not have happened.

Sannit says, "It is our hope that we can reason with some of the other Magisters. We have no desire to take this conflict farther than it has to go. How difficult would it be to obtain an audience with Magister Cotone or one of his allies?"

"You have a sunbear as a pet? Wow."

Bolo scratches Turtle's head and says, "He is a noble creature." She whispers to the bear, 'Show them how scary you are.'

Turtle stands on his hind legs and dances a little then claps his paws.
 

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
Along with Bolo, Merin casually walks into view, giving a welcoming nod to Titus, Straso, and Robali.

Merin says, "It's an honor to meet all of you. I am called Merin. And the big, talkative oaf is my brother-in-spirit, Torvald."

Tor spits, indignantly, "It's Tor, dammit. Only my mother ever called me Torvald. Merin just likes to tease me."

As he is finishing his statement, he is smacked in the back of the head by a piece of a stick, thrown by Merin, who laughs heartily, at his friend's expense.

Tor addresses Titus, "See what I have to put up with?"
 
Last edited by a moderator:

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
Day 260: Gathering More Information

Sannit bows to Robali, not wanting to humiliate the man. "Thank you for the match..."

Sannit (continues), "It is our hope that we can reason with some of the other Magisters. We have no desire to take this conflict farther than it has to go. How difficult would it be to obtain an audience with Magister Cotone or one of his allies?"
Titus scratches his head. "Things changed in the city after that fight broke out that destroyed one of the taverns in the Wharf District. The city has always been compartmentalized. Citizens have always been limited to certain areas of the city based on their station. We are identified by the brands on our right forearm.

Originally, visitors who entered the city were ushered into the causeway that leads around to the Wharf District, which is where the brothels and taverns and gambling houses are. Visitors have now been banned until the matter is 'resolved' as the blame for the riot was blamed on agents from Southroad Fair, not you, your bounty came later.

As a soldiers, I can pass messages along the line to reach Magister Cotone and inform him that a delegation from Southroad Fair wished to meet. That process alone will take a few days, even after returning to the city. You would then simply state that you are such delegation at the gate and you will be escorted to the meeting place. Everything is very formal for this. I heard that many years ago, when I was a small child, that a delegation from Boga City did the same thing. That seems a good approach
."

Kwargrow said:
Bolo scratches Turtle's head and says, "He is a noble creature." She whispers to the bear, 'Show them how scary you are.'

Turtle stands on his hind legs and dances a little then claps his paws.
GM: Many of the Ansylins clap at the little show, even some of the guards. They then seem a bit more at ease and begin to talk among themselves, indistinctly.

Along with Bolo, Merin casually walks into view...

Tor addresses Titus, "See what I have to put up with?"
Straso looks from Tor to Merin and back again. "Maybe I was bit too hasty in my decision."

Titus interjects, "Speaking of that, there will be dire consequences for this group suffering an abandonment, or any group for that matter..." He calls two of the other guards by name and six of the elder pickers. "You eight go on ahead and take what silk you can carry with you. Pass the word up the chain that a group of negotiators from Southroad Fair would like an audience with Magister Cotone. We will follow, afterward."

As the eight people leave, Titus moves among the Seekers so that he may meet everyone individually. He is even happy to greet Turtle. Once the forerunners have gotten out of sight he calls the rest of the people in close. "This has to be an all or nothing decision for the rest of us. Those four all have family back in the city. The rest of us do not, so we will need to come to a consensus. Either we all go to Southroad Fair, or we all must return to Asylim. Seekers, do you have anything to add to aid my people in this decision?"
OOC: There are 18 pickers and 8 guards remaining to consider this decision.

[sblock=Character Data]
OOC: Sheldon: full health
Indigo: full health
Tor: full health
Merin: full health
Bolo: full health
Sannit: full health
Turtle:full health
Saemund: full heath
Feroz: full health
Vadin: full health
[/sblock]
[sblock=Purchasing Power]
OOC:
Store Credit in Southroad Fair: 1123 clams
60 Plates: (platinum coin, 3000 clams)
10 Gold Ingots (200 clams)
50 Dublins: (gold coin, 1000 clams)
80 Rupees: (silver coin, 800 clams)
76 Ocrin: (tin coin, 76 clams)
20% Southroad Fair Olive Trade Proceeds
[/sblock]
[sblock=Current Party Holdings]
OOC:
2 Windrunner Stallions
8 Windrunner Mares
3 decorative saddles (San-Bolo, Saemund)
4 standard saddles (Tor, Sheldon, Indigo, Merin, Vadin)
4 Windrunner Colts (with pack rigs)
2 Harnin Mining Mauls
2 Harnin Mining Spikes
2 Harnin Pick Axes
drawing of Assassins' Guild symbol
parchment containing known message
[/sblock]
[sblock=Current Inventory]
OOC: Animal:

  • Anhinga Talisman: 1 (++ Cohesion)
  • Calling Bird Feet: 1 pair {+ Will}
  • Calling Bird Tail Feathers: 5 (1 item) {+ Will}
  • Chicken Feet: 2 pair {+ Confluence}
  • Chicken Tail Feathers: 3 (1 item) {+ Confluence}
  • Duck Tail Feathers: 3 (1 item) (+ Cohesion)
  • Duck Feet: 1 pair (+ Cohesion)
  • Flycatcher Talisman: 3 (+ Motility)
  • Gallinule Talisman: 1 (++ Confluence)
  • Harvester Feet: 1 pair (+ Health)
  • Harvester Tail Feathers: 5 (1 item) {+ Health}
  • Hawk Tail Feathers: 3 (1 item) {+ Strength}
  • Hawk Feet: 2 pair (+ Strength)
  • Huge Beetle Carapaces: 21
  • Mink Skulls: 4 (+ Adhesion)
  • Songbird Tail Feathers: 5 (1 item) {+ Persona}
  • Songbird Feet: 1 pair (+ Persona)
  • Tapir Hides: 9 (262% cover)
  • Volantin Skins: 6 (360% cover)
  • Volantin Venom Glands: 2 (- Persona x3)
  • Volantin Talons: 120 (++ Motility)
  • Vulture Talisman: 1 (+ Adhesion)

Metal:

  • Zinc Ingots: 14 (+ Health) {Mend x2}
  • Tin Ingots: 110 (+ Persona) {Muddle x2, - Persona x2}
  • Lead: 2 {Rend x2, -Health x2}
  • Iron Ingots: 37 (+ Confluence) {Mend x2}
  • Iron Bricks: 10
  • Aluminum Ingots: 7 (+ Motility) {Thump x2}
  • Chromium Ingots: 10 (+ Strength) {Rejuvenate x2}
  • Magnesium: 2 (+ Will) {Soothe x2, Mend x2, +Health x2}
  • Copper: 2 (+ Persona) {-Persona x2, Shock x2}
  • Molybdenum: 9 (+ Motility)
  • Palladium: 2 {sound x3}
  • Silver: 1 (+Will) {-Will x3}
Plant:

  • Muddle Leaf: 1 {Muddle x2}
  • Soothe Leaf: 2 (Soothe x2)
  • Rend Leaf: 1 {Rend x2}
  • Mend Leaf: 2 (Mend x2)
  • Muddle Flower: 1 {Muddle x3}
  • Soothe Flower: 1 {Soothe x3}
  • Leaves of Harmony: 1 (Harmony x2)
Stone:

  • Slate: 16 (Thump x2)
  • Bloodstone: 4 (+ Health) {Mend x2}
  • Sunstone: 1 (+ Persona) {Charm x2}
  • Heartstone: 3 (+ Confluence) {Mend x2}
  • Carbone Bricks: 35 (Heat x3)
  • Lodestone: 1: {Thump x2}
  • Slickstone: 1: {Cool x2}
  • Livestone: 2 (+ Strength) {Restoration x2}
  • Milkstone: 1 (+ Will) {Harmony x2}
  • Emberstone: 1 (+ Cohesion) {Charm x2}
  • Soft Brimstone Brick: 1: {heat x3}
  • Waterstone: 1 (+Motility)
  • Nightstone: 1 (+Adhesion) {darken x3}
  • Ruddystone: 1 (+Health)
  • Pietrazulfo Brick: 1 (Acidify x4, Heat x4)
.
[/sblock]
[sblock=Unknown Items]
OOC: Bird Skull (Heron): 1
[/sblock]
[sblock=Party Discoveries]
OOC:
Hidden Valley in the Western Jungle
Secluded Lake in Western Jungle with Mysterious Island
[/sblock]
 
Last edited:

Kwargrow

Gamer Extraordinaire
Seekers, do you have anything to add to aid my people in this decision?

Sannit responds, "We once made this same decision to leave our former lives and start over. We were welcomed and nurtured by the people of Southroad Fair and all in town have prospered because of it. By our efforts we have brought friendly tribes in to make a place for themselves in town, and we have cemented friendships and trade routes in Boga City and Bergbaulager, a fantastic city on the shore of an incredible fresh water lake. It seems to me that you sending those four away because their families will be in danger makes a far more convincing argument than any we could make. If you wish to live in a place where your family and friends would be protected in your absence, then come back with us, and if you decide at some point to leave Southroad Fair and find your place elsewhere, there would be no negative repercussions. We respect the rights and decisions of others."

We are identified by the brands on our right forearm.

While Sannit holds everyone's attention with his speech, Bolo will discreetly study the right forearms of the guards and pickers to determine if the pattern is any different from the one's the Seekers made a copy of before.
 
Last edited:

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
Day 260: Assaying Concerns

OOC: There are 18 pickers and 8 guards remaining to consider this decision.

Sannit responds, "We once made this same decision... prospered... Boga City and Bergbaulager..."
GM: As Sannit speaks, certain key words catch the attention of the crowd and they mumble about them among themselves.

Titus voices distinctly. "We have all heard of Boga City, but none of us has heard of this Bergba... something."

Sheldon runs his left hand through his hair pulling it back from his face. "Bergbaulager. It is a Maldrog city in Spine of the World. We were able to discover its location by applying some logic to the rumors we had gathered of it. Once located we were able to establish a rapport which lead to trade negotiations. Expansion of commerce is what is causing Southroad Fair to grow. Isolationism, which is what the Magistry seems to be advocating for Asylim, will stifle and kill the city. I predict their will be riots and soldiers will be commanded to attack their own people if this path cannot be diverted."

Kwargrow said:
While Sannit holds everyone's attention with his speech, Bolo will discreetly study the right forearms of the guards and pickers to determine if the pattern is any different from the one's the Seekers made a copy of before.
GM: Bolo readily notes that these guards all have the same mark but it is different than the mark that was on the guards accompanying the Silk Caravan. She also sees that the pickers are all branded the same, but it is different from the guards and different from those of the previous caravan. As she thinks on this, she realizes that there is some overt similarity. The mark on the guards and the previous marshals is basically triangular. The mark on the caravaners was square. The mark on the pickers is circular.

[sblock=Character Data]
OOC: Sheldon: full health
Indigo: full health
Tor: full health
Merin: full health
Bolo: full health
Sannit: full health
Turtle:full health
Saemund: full heath
Feroz: full health
Vadin: full health
[/sblock]
[sblock=Purchasing Power]
OOC:
Store Credit in Southroad Fair: 1123 clams
60 Plates: (platinum coin, 3000 clams)
10 Gold Ingots (200 clams)
50 Dublins: (gold coin, 1000 clams)
80 Rupees: (silver coin, 800 clams)
76 Ocrin: (tin coin, 76 clams)
20% Southroad Fair Olive Trade Proceeds
[/sblock]
[sblock=Current Party Holdings]
OOC:
2 Windrunner Stallions
8 Windrunner Mares
3 decorative saddles (San-Bolo, Saemund)
4 standard saddles (Tor, Sheldon, Indigo, Merin, Vadin)
4 Windrunner Colts (with pack rigs)
2 Harnin Mining Mauls
2 Harnin Mining Spikes
2 Harnin Pick Axes
drawing of Assassins' Guild symbol
parchment containing known message
[/sblock]
[sblock=Current Inventory]
OOC: Animal:
  • Anhinga Talisman: 1 (++ Cohesion)
  • Calling Bird Feet: 1 pair {+ Will}
  • Calling Bird Tail Feathers: 5 (1 item) {+ Will}
  • Chicken Feet: 2 pair {+ Confluence}
  • Chicken Tail Feathers: 3 (1 item) {+ Confluence}
  • Duck Tail Feathers: 3 (1 item) (+ Cohesion)
  • Duck Feet: 1 pair (+ Cohesion)
  • Flycatcher Talisman: 3 (+ Motility)
  • Gallinule Talisman: 1 (++ Confluence)
  • Harvester Feet: 1 pair (+ Health)
  • Harvester Tail Feathers: 5 (1 item) {+ Health}
  • Hawk Tail Feathers: 3 (1 item) {+ Strength}
  • Hawk Feet: 2 pair (+ Strength)
  • Huge Beetle Carapaces: 21
  • Mink Skulls: 4 (+ Adhesion)
  • Songbird Tail Feathers: 5 (1 item) {+ Persona}
  • Songbird Feet: 1 pair (+ Persona)
  • Tapir Hides: 9 (262% cover)
  • Volantin Skins: 6 (360% cover)
  • Volantin Venom Glands: 2 (- Persona x3)
  • Volantin Talons: 120 (++ Motility)
  • Vulture Talisman: 1 (+ Adhesion)
Metal:
  • Zinc Ingots: 14 (+ Health) {Mend x2}
  • Tin Ingots: 110 (+ Persona) {Muddle x2, - Persona x2}
  • Lead: 2 {Rend x2, -Health x2}
  • Iron Ingots: 37 (+ Confluence) {Mend x2}
  • Iron Bricks: 10
  • Aluminum Ingots: 7 (+ Motility) {Thump x2}
  • Chromium Ingots: 10 (+ Strength) {Rejuvenate x2}
  • Magnesium: 2 (+ Will) {Soothe x2, Mend x2, +Health x2}
  • Copper: 2 (+ Persona) {-Persona x2, Shock x2}
  • Molybdenum: 9 (+ Motility)
  • Palladium: 2 {sound x3}
  • Silver: 1 (+Will) {-Will x3}
Plant:
  • Muddle Leaf: 1 {Muddle x2}
  • Soothe Leaf: 2 (Soothe x2)
  • Rend Leaf: 1 {Rend x2}
  • Mend Leaf: 2 (Mend x2)
  • Muddle Flower: 1 {Muddle x3}
  • Soothe Flower: 1 {Soothe x3}
  • Leaves of Harmony: 1 (Harmony x2)
Stone:
  • Slate: 16 (Thump x2)
  • Bloodstone: 4 (+ Health) {Mend x2}
  • Sunstone: 1 (+ Persona) {Charm x2}
  • Heartstone: 3 (+ Confluence) {Mend x2}
  • Carbone Bricks: 35 (Heat x3)
  • Lodestone: 1: {Thump x2}
  • Slickstone: 1: {Cool x2}
  • Livestone: 2 (+ Strength) {Restoration x2}
  • Milkstone: 1 (+ Will) {Harmony x2}
  • Emberstone: 1 (+ Cohesion) {Charm x2}
  • Soft Brimstone Brick: 1: {heat x3}
  • Waterstone: 1 (+Motility)
  • Nightstone: 1 (+Adhesion) {darken x3}
  • Ruddystone: 1 (+Health)
  • Pietrazulfo Brick: 1 (Acidify x4, Heat x4)
.
[/sblock]
[sblock=Unknown Items]
OOC: Bird Skull (Heron): 1
[/sblock]
[sblock=Party Discoveries]
OOC:
Hidden Valley in the Western Jungle
Secluded Lake in Western Jungle with Mysterious Island
[/sblock]
 
Last edited:

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
Tor and Merin's Take On The Situation

Merin regains his serious composure, and addresses Titus: "Make no mistake, you should come with us to Southroad Fair. The quality of life in our little, free community will be greatly improved over what you're used to in Asylim. However, you should know that it won't be easy. I would imagine that all of you will end up with bounties on your heads, just like us. You should also be aware that life here will be rougher, because we obviously don't have the resources of a big city like Asylim. But if you don't mind a little hard work, the rewards can be great. And by the way, what you said before about no one being able to leave Asylim and survive is a flat-out lie, designed to keep you in your place. There are MANY people in the Southroad Fair community who are former "citizens" of Asylim, who became frustrated with the imposed dues and fees on their income, and sought to make a better life for themselves. Southroad Fair was founded by such people. And it is a thriving community, despite the recent harassment by the likes of Sauderp."
 
Last edited by a moderator:

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
Day 260 - 276: Returning to Southroad Fair

Merin regains his serious composure, and addresses Titus: "Make no mistake, you should come with us to Southroad Fair..."
GM: It takes very little discussion and no further negotiation to convince the entirety of the silk gathering party to agree to accompany the Seekers to Southroad Fair.

Rather than immediately turn around and trudge back through the thick jungle with an even larger group of people, a little investigation of the Ansylin River leads the Seekers to realize that even though they could not have gotten their mounts into the jungle this way, they can readily encourage the animals to swim the river downstream until easier walking can be found on the northern bank. Only a few of the Seekers are needed for this task, taking all of the windrunners with them. The rest follow the gatherer's usual path down at a much slower pace, crossing the river to join those who had forged ahead.

The trip to Southroad Fair takes a total of 17 days with such a large group, though having no elderly and no children, the trip is relatively quick. The northward travel meets the caravan carrying ale from Boga City southward to Asylim about half way between Asylim and Southroad Fair. None of the members of this caravan specifically know any of the current group and passing relations are friendly. The ale carriers leave with the impression that they have met a new group of traders dealing in exotic skins, especially since they have recently witnessed the fine craftsmanship on display in Southroad Fair.

The new recruits are completely in awe at the warm and affectionate greeting received when entering the growing community. They are specifically impressed with how people seem to actually revere the Southroad Seekers.

[sblock=Character Data]
OOC: Sheldon: full health
Indigo: full health
Tor: full health
Merin: full health
Bolo: full health
Sannit: full health
Turtle:full health
Saemund: full heath
Feroz: full health
Vadin: full health
[/sblock]
[sblock=Purchasing Power]
OOC:
Store Credit in Southroad Fair: 1123 clams
60 Plates: (platinum coin, 3000 clams)
10 Gold Ingots (200 clams)
50 Dublins: (gold coin, 1000 clams)
80 Rupees: (silver coin, 800 clams)
76 Ocrin: (tin coin, 76 clams)
20% Southroad Fair Olive Trade Proceeds
[/sblock]
[sblock=Current Party Holdings]
OOC:
2 Windrunner Stallions
8 Windrunner Mares
3 decorative saddles (San-Bolo, Saemund)
4 standard saddles (Tor, Sheldon, Indigo, Merin, Vadin)
4 Windrunner Colts (with pack rigs)
2 Harnin Mining Mauls
2 Harnin Mining Spikes
2 Harnin Pick Axes
drawing of Assassins' Guild symbol
parchment containing known message
[/sblock]
[sblock=Current Inventory]
OOC: Animal:
  • Anhinga Talisman: 1 (++ Cohesion)
  • Calling Bird Feet: 1 pair {+ Will}
  • Calling Bird Tail Feathers: 5 (1 item) {+ Will}
  • Chicken Feet: 2 pair {+ Confluence}
  • Chicken Tail Feathers: 3 (1 item) {+ Confluence}
  • Duck Tail Feathers: 3 (1 item) (+ Cohesion)
  • Duck Feet: 1 pair (+ Cohesion)
  • Flycatcher Talisman: 3 (+ Motility)
  • Gallinule Talisman: 1 (++ Confluence)
  • Harvester Feet: 1 pair (+ Health)
  • Harvester Tail Feathers: 5 (1 item) {+ Health}
  • Hawk Tail Feathers: 3 (1 item) {+ Strength}
  • Hawk Feet: 2 pair (+ Strength)
  • Huge Beetle Carapaces: 21
  • Mink Skulls: 4 (+ Adhesion)
  • Songbird Tail Feathers: 5 (1 item) {+ Persona}
  • Songbird Feet: 1 pair (+ Persona)
  • Tapir Hides: 9 (262% cover)
  • Volantin Skins: 6 (360% cover)
  • Volantin Venom Glands: 2 (- Persona x3)
  • Volantin Talons: 120 (++ Motility)
  • Vulture Talisman: 1 (+ Adhesion)
Metal:
  • Zinc Ingots: 14 (+ Health) {Mend x2}
  • Tin Ingots: 110 (+ Persona) {Muddle x2, - Persona x2}
  • Lead: 2 {Rend x2, -Health x2}
  • Iron Ingots: 37 (+ Confluence) {Mend x2}
  • Iron Bricks: 10
  • Aluminum Ingots: 7 (+ Motility) {Thump x2}
  • Chromium Ingots: 10 (+ Strength) {Rejuvenate x2}
  • Magnesium: 2 (+ Will) {Soothe x2, Mend x2, +Health x2}
  • Copper: 2 (+ Persona) {-Persona x2, Shock x2}
  • Molybdenum: 9 (+ Motility)
  • Palladium: 2 {sound x3}
  • Silver: 1 (+Will) {-Will x3}
Plant:
  • Muddle Leaf: 1 {Muddle x2}
  • Soothe Leaf: 2 (Soothe x2)
  • Rend Leaf: 1 {Rend x2}
  • Mend Leaf: 2 (Mend x2)
  • Muddle Flower: 1 {Muddle x3}
  • Soothe Flower: 1 {Soothe x3}
  • Leaves of Harmony: 1 (Harmony x2)
Stone:
  • Slate: 16 (Thump x2)
  • Bloodstone: 4 (+ Health) {Mend x2}
  • Sunstone: 1 (+ Persona) {Charm x2}
  • Heartstone: 3 (+ Confluence) {Mend x2}
  • Carbone Bricks: 35 (Heat x3)
  • Lodestone: 1: {Thump x2}
  • Slickstone: 1: {Cool x2}
  • Livestone: 2 (+ Strength) {Restoration x2}
  • Milkstone: 1 (+ Will) {Harmony x2}
  • Emberstone: 1 (+ Cohesion) {Charm x2}
  • Soft Brimstone Brick: 1: {heat x3}
  • Waterstone: 1 (+Motility)
  • Nightstone: 1 (+Adhesion) {darken x3}
  • Ruddystone: 1 (+Health)
  • Pietrazulfo Brick: 1 (Acidify x4, Heat x4)
.
[/sblock]
[sblock=Unknown Items]
OOC: Bird Skull (Heron): 1
[/sblock]
[sblock=Party Discoveries]
OOC:
Hidden Valley in the Western Jungle
Secluded Lake in Western Jungle with Mysterious Island
[/sblock]
OOC: During the 17 days of travel, including the meeting with the ale caravan, any particular tasks or discussions desired by the characters should be posted, along with initial desires when returning home.

GM: Since last XP award:
  • Tellerian Hawke has made 12 posts.
  • Kwargrow has made 20 posts.
  • redraider629 has made 9 posts.
  • Sylvar B. has made 8 posts.
This gives a total of 49 posts which equals 8 per PC plus 1 extra. Additionally 9 posts were made that were of benefit to the party or interactive in solving situations.

Each character and companion receives 17 XP, except Sannit, Bolo, and Turtle, who receive 18 XP.
 
Last edited:

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
Merin and Tor will make a show of practicing their fighting techniques during the trip, usually in the mornings just before breakfast. Merin and Tor will both assist the other Seekers in any collections they attempt (food, herbs, ores, gathered materials, etc.) and will make a point of taking longer, and pretending to use mundane searching methods in order to achieve their purpose. Both Tor and Merin will also practice their bow skills in the late afternoon, just before the light starts to fade.
 

Kwargrow

Gamer Extraordinaire
Bolo and Turtle swim down the river with the horses. Sannit walks the trail and continues to get to know his new friends, focusing more of his attention on Titus and the other guards. Around the fires at night Sannit tells tales with the other Seekers about the places they have seen and the beasts they have crossed paths with. Not wanting to give away any secrets he does not search for ores and minerals during the trip back to Southroad Fair. When the ale caravan passes by Sannit will have a drink with the Seekers and any of the pickers or guards that travel with them.

Bolo will search for useable plants, especially during the down time when she waits for the others. She will focus her efforts on the pickers, gaining their trust, teaching them what she knows about plants and medical techniques in case they are injured.
OOC: Herbalism: roll 77

Turtle has fun swimming down the river. He is glad to be back at Southroad Fair.
 
Last edited:

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
Days 260 - 276: Merin and Tor

Merin and Tor will make a show of practicing their fighting techniques during the trip, usually in the mornings just before breakfast.
Sheldon will join Merin in practice. Indigo will not. She spends most of the trip tending the horses, since the party must maintain a walking pace suitable for all the extras.

GM: Some of the guards ask to join in the training early during the trip, and all join after seeing that the Seekers are agreeable and more efficiently productive at combat than their age should suggest. When one of the pickers asks if he can train, the others are surprised. They are out right shocked when he is allowed. By the end of the trip everyone has participated in some form of weapons training.

Tor's opponents are all intimidated by his size and frustrated with his shied, which he readily uses to shove his attackers away. The Ansylin's are equally frustrated and awed by the weaponless prowess of Merin and Sheldon.

Tellerian Hawke said:
Merin and Tor will both assist the other Seekers in any collections they attempt (food, herbs, ores, gathered materials, etc.) and will make a point of taking longer, and pretending to use mundane searching methods in order to achieve their purpose. Both Tor and Merin will also practice their bow skills in the late afternoon, just before the light starts to fade.
Sheldon accompanies Merin on the hunting excursions, offering to be a 'spotter.' When they are away from the main group he says, "We should forego any attempt to locate ores or minerals and stick to hunting. We have already covered this stretch of road, anyway. Obviously you have no need for me to be a spotter, but we will make sure to put one of your arrows in any game we collect, even if it is after we collect it."

Indigo will periodically forage for edible or medicinal plants. She also allows two of the female pickers to accompany her, since her enhanced ability to locate such is easily concealed or explained away after identifying the plants by sight. She will ignore anything that she cannot easily recognize.
[sblock=Character Data]
OOC: Sheldon: full health
Indigo: full health
Tor: full health
Merin: full health
Bolo: full health
Sannit: full health
Turtle:full health
Saemund: full heath
Feroz: full health
Vadin: full health
[/sblock]
[sblock=Purchasing Power]
OOC:
Store Credit in Southroad Fair: 1123 clams
60 Plates: (platinum coin, 3000 clams)
10 Gold Ingots (200 clams)
50 Dublins: (gold coin, 1000 clams)
80 Rupees: (silver coin, 800 clams)
76 Ocrin: (tin coin, 76 clams)
20% Southroad Fair Olive Trade Proceeds
[/sblock]
[sblock=Current Party Holdings]
OOC:
2 Windrunner Stallions
8 Windrunner Mares
3 decorative saddles (San-Bolo, Saemund)
4 standard saddles (Tor, Sheldon, Indigo, Merin, Vadin)
4 Windrunner Colts (with pack rigs)
2 Harnin Mining Mauls
2 Harnin Mining Spikes
2 Harnin Pick Axes
drawing of Assassins' Guild symbol
parchment containing known message
[/sblock]
[sblock=Current Inventory]
OOC: Animal:
  • Anhinga Talisman: 1 (++ Cohesion)
  • Calling Bird Feet: 1 pair {+ Will}
  • Calling Bird Tail Feathers: 5 (1 item) {+ Will}
  • Chicken Feet: 2 pair {+ Confluence}
  • Chicken Tail Feathers: 3 (1 item) {+ Confluence}
  • Duck Tail Feathers: 3 (1 item) (+ Cohesion)
  • Duck Feet: 1 pair (+ Cohesion)
  • Flycatcher Talisman: 3 (+ Motility)
  • Gallinule Talisman: 1 (++ Confluence)
  • Harvester Feet: 1 pair (+ Health)
  • Harvester Tail Feathers: 5 (1 item) {+ Health}
  • Hawk Tail Feathers: 3 (1 item) {+ Strength}
  • Hawk Feet: 2 pair (+ Strength)
  • Huge Beetle Carapaces: 21
  • Mink Skulls: 4 (+ Adhesion)
  • Songbird Tail Feathers: 5 (1 item) {+ Persona}
  • Songbird Feet: 1 pair (+ Persona)
  • Tapir Hides: 9 (262% cover)
  • Volantin Skins: 6 (360% cover)
  • Volantin Venom Glands: 2 (- Persona x3)
  • Volantin Talons: 120 (++ Motility)
  • Vulture Talisman: 1 (+ Adhesion)
Metal:
  • Zinc Ingots: 14 (+ Health) {Mend x2}
  • Tin Ingots: 110 (+ Persona) {Muddle x2, - Persona x2}
  • Lead: 2 {Rend x2, -Health x2}
  • Iron Ingots: 37 (+ Confluence) {Mend x2}
  • Iron Bricks: 10
  • Aluminum Ingots: 7 (+ Motility) {Thump x2}
  • Chromium Ingots: 10 (+ Strength) {Rejuvenate x2}
  • Magnesium: 2 (+ Will) {Soothe x2, Mend x2, +Health x2}
  • Copper: 2 (+ Persona) {-Persona x2, Shock x2}
  • Molybdenum: 9 (+ Motility)
  • Palladium: 2 {sound x3}
  • Silver: 1 (+Will) {-Will x3}
Plant:
  • Muddle Leaf: 1 {Muddle x2}
  • Soothe Leaf: 2 (Soothe x2)
  • Rend Leaf: 1 {Rend x2}
  • Mend Leaf: 2 (Mend x2)
  • Muddle Flower: 1 {Muddle x3}
  • Soothe Flower: 1 {Soothe x3}
  • Leaves of Harmony: 1 (Harmony x2)
Stone:
  • Slate: 16 (Thump x2)
  • Bloodstone: 4 (+ Health) {Mend x2}
  • Sunstone: 1 (+ Persona) {Charm x2}
  • Heartstone: 3 (+ Confluence) {Mend x2}
  • Carbone Bricks: 35 (Heat x3)
  • Lodestone: 1: {Thump x2}
  • Slickstone: 1: {Cool x2}
  • Livestone: 2 (+ Strength) {Restoration x2}
  • Milkstone: 1 (+ Will) {Harmony x2}
  • Emberstone: 1 (+ Cohesion) {Charm x2}
  • Soft Brimstone Brick: 1: {heat x3}
  • Waterstone: 1 (+Motility)
  • Nightstone: 1 (+Adhesion) {darken x3}
  • Ruddystone: 1 (+Health)
  • Pietrazulfo Brick: 1 (Acidify x4, Heat x4)
.
[/sblock]
[sblock=Unknown Items]
OOC: Bird Skull (Heron): 1
[/sblock]
[sblock=Party Discoveries]
OOC:
Hidden Valley in the Western Jungle
Secluded Lake in Western Jungle with Mysterious Island
[/sblock]
 

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
Days 260 - 276: Sannit and Bolo

Bolo and Turtle swim down the river with the horses. Sannit walks the trail and continues to get to know his new friends, focusing more of his attention on Titus and the other guards. Around the fires at night Sannit tells tales with the other Seekers about the places they have seen and the beasts they have crossed paths with.
GM: All of the newcomers are enraptured by the tales. They listen with the fascination of children, interjecting noises and comments. Some of the guards end up asking pertinent questions about various encounters, especially Titus, who seems to be quite level-headed.

Kwargrow said:
Bolo will search for usable plants, especially during the down time when she waits for the others. She will focus her efforts on the pickers, gaining their trust, teaching them what she knows about plants and medical techniques in case they are injured.
GM: Always taking the opposite side of the road from Indigo, with a knowing nod of silent communication like sisters, Bolo winds up instructing a couple of the pickers and even one of the female guards. The men, in general, seems less interested in foraging, but all the guards with bows try to assist in hunting. They never suspect a thing when the Seekers always return more successful.

Kwargrow said:
Turtle has fun swimming down the river. He is glad to be back at Southroad Fair.
GM: The Ansylins have become quite used to Turtle by the time the party arrives in Southroad Fair, but they are not quite prepared for the children who rush up to him in town, playing with him like he is some overgrown dog. Turtle thoroughly enjoys all the attention, performing physical feats no dog could ever accomplish. The sunbear has become the unsung mascot for the community, and the Seekers are pleased and surprised to note that the likeness of the bear's face has been used to decorate the shields and bucklers of the village scouts.

[sblock=Character Data]
OOC: Sheldon: full health
Indigo: full health
Tor: full health
Merin: full health
Bolo: full health
Sannit: full health
Turtle:full health
Saemund: full heath
Feroz: full health
Vadin: full health
[/sblock]
[sblock=Purchasing Power]
OOC:
Store Credit in Southroad Fair: 1123 clams
60 Plates: (platinum coin, 3000 clams)
10 Gold Ingots (200 clams)
50 Dublins: (gold coin, 1000 clams)
80 Rupees: (silver coin, 800 clams)
76 Ocrin: (tin coin, 76 clams)
20% Southroad Fair Olive Trade Proceeds
[/sblock]
[sblock=Current Party Holdings]
OOC:
2 Windrunner Stallions
8 Windrunner Mares
3 decorative saddles (San-Bolo, Saemund)
4 standard saddles (Tor, Sheldon, Indigo, Merin, Vadin)
4 Windrunner Colts (with pack rigs)
2 Harnin Mining Mauls
2 Harnin Mining Spikes
2 Harnin Pick Axes
drawing of Assassins' Guild symbol
parchment containing known message
[/sblock]
[sblock=Current Inventory]
OOC: Animal:
  • Anhinga Talisman: 1 (++ Cohesion)
  • Calling Bird Feet: 1 pair {+ Will}
  • Calling Bird Tail Feathers: 5 (1 item) {+ Will}
  • Chicken Feet: 2 pair {+ Confluence}
  • Chicken Tail Feathers: 3 (1 item) {+ Confluence}
  • Duck Tail Feathers: 3 (1 item) (+ Cohesion)
  • Duck Feet: 1 pair (+ Cohesion)
  • Flycatcher Talisman: 3 (+ Motility)
  • Gallinule Talisman: 1 (++ Confluence)
  • Harvester Feet: 1 pair (+ Health)
  • Harvester Tail Feathers: 5 (1 item) {+ Health}
  • Hawk Tail Feathers: 3 (1 item) {+ Strength}
  • Hawk Feet: 2 pair (+ Strength)
  • Huge Beetle Carapaces: 21
  • Mink Skulls: 4 (+ Adhesion)
  • Songbird Tail Feathers: 5 (1 item) {+ Persona}
  • Songbird Feet: 1 pair (+ Persona)
  • Tapir Hides: 9 (262% cover)
  • Volantin Skins: 6 (360% cover)
  • Volantin Venom Glands: 2 (- Persona x3)
  • Volantin Talons: 120 (++ Motility)
  • Vulture Talisman: 1 (+ Adhesion)
Metal:
  • Zinc Ingots: 14 (+ Health) {Mend x2}
  • Tin Ingots: 110 (+ Persona) {Muddle x2, - Persona x2}
  • Lead: 2 {Rend x2, -Health x2}
  • Iron Ingots: 37 (+ Confluence) {Mend x2}
  • Iron Bricks: 10
  • Aluminum Ingots: 7 (+ Motility) {Thump x2}
  • Chromium Ingots: 10 (+ Strength) {Rejuvenate x2}
  • Magnesium: 2 (+ Will) {Soothe x2, Mend x2, +Health x2}
  • Copper: 2 (+ Persona) {-Persona x2, Shock x2}
  • Molybdenum: 9 (+ Motility)
  • Palladium: 2 {sound x3}
  • Silver: 1 (+Will) {-Will x3}
Plant:
  • Muddle Leaf: 1 {Muddle x2}
  • Soothe Leaf: 2 (Soothe x2)
  • Rend Leaf: 1 {Rend x2}
  • Mend Leaf: 2 (Mend x2)
  • Muddle Flower: 1 {Muddle x3}
  • Soothe Flower: 1 {Soothe x3}
  • Leaves of Harmony: 1 (Harmony x2)
Stone:
  • Slate: 16 (Thump x2)
  • Bloodstone: 4 (+ Health) {Mend x2}
  • Sunstone: 1 (+ Persona) {Charm x2}
  • Heartstone: 3 (+ Confluence) {Mend x2}
  • Carbone Bricks: 35 (Heat x3)
  • Lodestone: 1: {Thump x2}
  • Slickstone: 1: {Cool x2}
  • Livestone: 2 (+ Strength) {Restoration x2}
  • Milkstone: 1 (+ Will) {Harmony x2}
  • Emberstone: 1 (+ Cohesion) {Charm x2}
  • Soft Brimstone Brick: 1: {heat x3}
  • Waterstone: 1 (+Motility)
  • Nightstone: 1 (+Adhesion) {darken x3}
  • Ruddystone: 1 (+Health)
  • Pietrazulfo Brick: 1 (Acidify x4, Heat x4)
.
[/sblock]
[sblock=Unknown Items]
OOC: Bird Skull (Heron): 1
[/sblock]
[sblock=Party Discoveries]
OOC:
Hidden Valley in the Western Jungle
Secluded Lake in Western Jungle with Mysterious Island
[/sblock]
 

Kwargrow

Gamer Extraordinaire
During the trip back Bolo will copy the different Asylin symbols from the arms of the friends she makes. She will not tell them what these copies are for, other than a record in her journal, but she trusts that if they are smart enough they will figure it out, they will know not to say anything.

Once back at Southroad Fair Sannit will go to the Boar's Head, first, to let Giodavi know who these strangers are in town. Then San-Bolo will bathe and return to the tavern to have a meal and speak of their journey. Sannit will tell of the Hidden Valley in the Western Jungle, but not the Secluded Lake yet. He will make introductions for the guards and pickers when necessary.

Bolo will trade for a bow with greater ranger than her simple pine one. San-Bolo will call the Seekers together the evening after they arrive in town for a private meeting. Sannit says, "We invited these twenty six people to relocate here and help us found a new silk caravan, but I did not think about an adjustment period after they arrived. Since our travels have been so prosperous for us, I propose we cover the costs of what the new pickers and guards will need, food, lodging, equipment and so forth, until they get on their feet. Any objections?"
 
Last edited by a moderator:


MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
Day 276: Entering Southroad Fair

During the trip back Bolo will copy the different Asylin symbols from the arms of the friends she makes. She will not tell them what these copies are for, other than a record in her journal, but she trusts that if they are smart enough they will figure it out, they will know not to say anything.
GM: The Ansylin are completely indifferent to Bolo's desire to copy their brands. It has become such a commonplace for them to display such. Bolo notes that the character within the symbol is the same for the pickers as it was for the silk caravaners, but for the pickers, their symbol is a triangle and for the caravaners it is a square.

Kwargrow said:
Once back at Southroad Fair Sannit will go to the Boar's Head, first, to let Giodavi know who these strangers are in town. Then San-Bolo will bathe and return to the tavern to have a meal and speak of their journey. Sannit will tell of the Hidden Valley in the Western Jungle, but not the Secluded Lake yet. He will make introductions for the guards and pickers when necessary.
GM: Giodavi is joyous as always at the return of the Southroad Seekers. He greets those that accompany Sannit, warmly. He is happy to hear that the group has found more new immigrants as the workload in town has increased.

Sheldon and Indigo accompany Sannit into the Boar's Head. Sheldon adds that the Seekers are planning to actually meet with the Magisters of Asylim as an official delegation from Southroad Fair, mentioning to Sannit, "He may have some insight to offer if he thinks on this a bit."

Sheldon and Indigo coral the horses at the Seekers' own place and deposit the extra gear before heading to the bath house. Afterward they will meet everyone at the Boar's Head.
Kwargrow said:
Bolo will trade for a bow with greater ranger than her simple pine one.
OOC: The total cost of the new bow is 300 clams, which has been deducted from the party inventory. Bolo's character record has been updated to reflect the new weapon.

Kwargrow said:
San-Bolo will call the Seekers together the evening after they arrive in town for a private meeting. Sannit says, "We invited these twenty six people to relocate here and help us found a new silk caravan, but I did not think about an adjustment period after they arrived. Since our travels have been so prosperous for us, I propose we cover the costs of what the new pickers and guards will need, food, lodging, equipment and so forth, until they get on their feet. Any objections?"
Neither Merin nor Tor have any objections; in fact, both of them think Sannit's idea to be an excellent one.
Sheldon responds, "That only seems fair; after all, we have basically encouraged these people to completely upend their lives in prospect of new ones. I doubt we would need to compensate them for more than a day or two."
GM: By that night, everyone in town is aware of the new arrivals. Giodavi makes a point of trying to personally greet them all and give a quick overview of the community. Clavo, White Oak, and Olivia arrive at the Seekers' location before any other prominent members of town. They make a point of offering employment within the Carpenters' Guild for any interested; of which, there are several takers.

Later that evening Passaro, Siofra, and Zephyr introduce themselves and recruit most of the former Asylin Regulars into the Hunting Lodge. Several of the pickers also change professions upon arrival, picking up employment with the Grist Mill, the Tannery, and the Weaver.

After all is said and done, there are 8 pickers remaining that wish to continue their previous profession under the employment of the Seekers.

[sblock=Character Data]
OOC: Sheldon: full health
Indigo: full health
Tor: full health
Merin: full health
Bolo: full health
Sannit: full health
Turtle:full health
Saemund: full heath
Feroz: full health
Vadin: full health
[/sblock]
[sblock=Purchasing Power]
OOC:
Store Credit in Southroad Fair: 1123 clams
60 Plates: (platinum coin, 3000 clams)
10 Gold Ingots (200 clams)
50 Dublins: (gold coin, 1000 clams)
50 Rupees: (silver coin, 500 clams)
76 Ocrin: (tin coin, 76 clams)
20% Southroad Fair Olive Trade Proceeds
[/sblock]
[sblock=Current Party Holdings]
OOC:
2 Windrunner Stallions
8 Windrunner Mares
3 decorative saddles (San-Bolo, Saemund)
4 standard saddles (Tor, Sheldon, Indigo, Merin, Vadin)
4 Windrunner Colts (with pack rigs)
2 Harnin Mining Mauls
2 Harnin Mining Spikes
2 Harnin Pick Axes
drawing of Assassins' Guild symbol
parchment containing known message
[/sblock]
[sblock=Current Inventory]
OOC: Animal:
  • Anhinga Talisman: 1 (++ Cohesion)
  • Calling Bird Feet: 1 pair {+ Will}
  • Calling Bird Tail Feathers: 5 (1 item) {+ Will}
  • Chicken Feet: 2 pair {+ Confluence}
  • Chicken Tail Feathers: 3 (1 item) {+ Confluence}
  • Duck Tail Feathers: 3 (1 item) (+ Cohesion)
  • Duck Feet: 1 pair (+ Cohesion)
  • Flycatcher Talisman: 3 (+ Motility)
  • Gallinule Talisman: 1 (++ Confluence)
  • Harvester Feet: 1 pair (+ Health)
  • Harvester Tail Feathers: 5 (1 item) {+ Health}
  • Hawk Tail Feathers: 3 (1 item) {+ Strength}
  • Hawk Feet: 2 pair (+ Strength)
  • Huge Beetle Carapaces: 21
  • Mink Skulls: 4 (+ Adhesion)
  • Songbird Tail Feathers: 5 (1 item) {+ Persona}
  • Songbird Feet: 1 pair (+ Persona)
  • Tapir Hides: 9 (262% cover)
  • Volantin Skins: 6 (360% cover)
  • Volantin Venom Glands: 2 (- Persona x3)
  • Volantin Talons: 120 (++ Motility)
  • Vulture Talisman: 1 (+ Adhesion)
Metal:
  • Zinc Ingots: 14 (+ Health) {Mend x2}
  • Tin Ingots: 110 (+ Persona) {Muddle x2, - Persona x2}
  • Lead: 2 {Rend x2, -Health x2}
  • Iron Ingots: 37 (+ Confluence) {Mend x2}
  • Iron Bricks: 10
  • Aluminum Ingots: 7 (+ Motility) {Thump x2}
  • Chromium Ingots: 10 (+ Strength) {Rejuvenate x2}
  • Magnesium: 2 (+ Will) {Soothe x2, Mend x2, +Health x2}
  • Copper: 2 (+ Persona) {-Persona x2, Shock x2}
  • Molybdenum: 9 (+ Motility)
  • Palladium: 2 {sound x3}
  • Silver: 1 (+Will) {-Will x3}
Plant:
  • Muddle Leaf: 1 {Muddle x2}
  • Soothe Leaf: 2 (Soothe x2)
  • Rend Leaf: 1 {Rend x2}
  • Mend Leaf: 2 (Mend x2)
  • Muddle Flower: 1 {Muddle x3}
  • Soothe Flower: 1 {Soothe x3}
  • Leaves of Harmony: 1 (Harmony x2)
Stone:
  • Slate: 16 (Thump x2)
  • Bloodstone: 4 (+ Health) {Mend x2}
  • Sunstone: 1 (+ Persona) {Charm x2}
  • Heartstone: 3 (+ Confluence) {Mend x2}
  • Carbone Bricks: 35 (Heat x3)
  • Lodestone: 1: {Thump x2}
  • Slickstone: 1: {Cool x2}
  • Livestone: 2 (+ Strength) {Restoration x2}
  • Milkstone: 1 (+ Will) {Harmony x2}
  • Emberstone: 1 (+ Cohesion) {Charm x2}
  • Soft Brimstone Brick: 1: {heat x3}
  • Waterstone: 1 (+Motility)
  • Nightstone: 1 (+Adhesion) {darken x3}
  • Ruddystone: 1 (+Health)
  • Pietrazulfo Brick: 1 (Acidify x4, Heat x4)
.
[/sblock]
[sblock=Unknown Items]
OOC: Bird Skull (Heron): 1
[/sblock]
[sblock=Party Discoveries]
OOC:
Hidden Valley in the Western Jungle
Secluded Lake in Western Jungle with Mysterious Island
[/sblock]
 
Last edited:

Kwargrow

Gamer Extraordinaire
there are 8 pickers remaining that wish to continue their previous profession under the employment of the Seekers

San-Bolo intend to take their eight pickers and go first to the hunters and scouts seeking information about where to find adequate silk in the area, along with landmarks when they are travelling since these people are new to Southroad Fair. Since they are anticipating having to dispatch large spiders, they also go to the tanner and inquire about any need for more carapace, at which point they will also trade in their 21 huge beetle carapace unless one of the Seekers wants to make something out of some of it. They will do this in front of the pickers hoping to convey that knowledge and get them familiar with the townspeople. Before they set out with the pickers on their first trip, San-Bolo will give them basic combat tips for self defense and will tell them where to strike creatures such as spiders, beetles, and lizards for the most effect. The two will go out with the pickers on their first trip with any Seekers that wish to go along, and they will bring material that they use to make a map to show a set route.

Bolo asks the pickers, "How do you make thread out of the spider silk?"

In the evening Sannit will sit with Giodavi over an ale to discuss in greater detail the next Asylim trip and what they've learned. "This delegation thing happened quickly. I had wanted to sneak into the city first to get a feel for the Asylim people and who they really support. How likely are these magisters to trap us once we are behind their walls?"

Turtle will hang around at the guild house and play with any children that come to visit.
 

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
Merin and Tor will come along. They see no reason not to.

Merin says, "We should all go, it would be unwise for us to split up. Besides, the pickers will be well-protected."

Tor replies to Sannit, "I'd say it's VERY likely that they'd try to trap us there. There is, after all, a bounty on our heads. And I'd be willing to bet that bounties have priority over any diplomatic overture we might be attempting to make. I would prefer to meet with willing Magisters in a neutral location, no matter how far we have to travel. Perhaps even Boga City. I doubt they'd cause trouble there."
 

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
Days 277 - 284: A Week in Town

San-Bolo intend to take their eight pickers and go first to the hunters and scouts seeking information about where to find adequate silk in the area, along with landmarks when they are travelling since these people are new to Southroad Fair.
The scouts are at first surprised at the question but then realize that the Seekers spend a great deal of time away from the area. They explain that orb weavers are prevalent at this time of year and that silk is plentiful all through the Piney Wood. When the Drenching season starts in about 20 days, no one is really sure what happens to the spiders, but come Seeding season, they are back again spinning webs. Passaro, the elder Rheini whose clan was recruited to move into town and Indigo's grandfather, offers to take the pickers with his crew while they make rounds. "We will keep the eye out, and the pickers can collect the silk. It helps us out as the orb weavers are prolific this time of year."

Kwargrow said:
Since they are anticipating having to dispatch large spiders, they also go to the tanner and inquire about any need for more carapace, at which point they will also trade in their 21 huge beetle carapace unless one of the Seekers wants to make something out of some of it. They will do this in front of the pickers hoping to convey that knowledge and get them familiar with the townspeople.
Swift Raven and Fallen Leaf look over the large collection of elytra. "These are fine specimens. While we make good use of the lacquer made from them. It is Maeli who makes it. You should take these to the Herbalist. We heard that in addition to recruiting more people, you had acquired some new skins. We were hoping to see what you might offer."

Kwargrow said:
Before they set out with the pickers on their first trip, San-Bolo will give them basic combat tips for self defense and will tell them where to strike creatures such as spiders, beetles, and lizards for the most effect. The two will go out with the pickers on their first trip with any Seekers that wish to go along, and they will bring material that they use to make a map to show a set route.
The remaining pickers seem the most terribly suited combatants that the Seekers have ever seen, not only are they inept, they seem afraid to learn. Passaro laughs. "No need to worry. We will take care of them. They have their job. We have ours, and I know that you have yours. Leave your silk collectors in my hands and feel free to tend to your business with those awful people to the South."

Kwargrow said:
Bolo asks the pickers, "How do you make thread out of the spider silk?"
One of the older female pickers responds, "Oh, we never did that. We only collect the silk. There was a weaver that traveled with the caravan who made the thread and fabric. You have a weaver here in town, right?"
OOC: The characters would know, the weaver in town is a Centrin woman named Eada. She will spool the silk into thread or make fabric for a portion of the return on the trade.

Kwargrow said:
In the evening Sannit will sit with Giodavi over an ale to discuss in greater detail the next Asylim trip and what they've learned. "This delegation thing happened quickly. I had wanted to sneak into the city first to get a feel for the Asylin people and who they really support. How likely are these Magisters to trap us once we are behind their walls?"
Giodavi considers this small inquiry seriously. "Clavo could provide you with information as well, but I do not think you could learn very much even if you were to sneak into the city. The city itself is compartmentalized. Citizens are limited to various sections depending on their station. Everyone is allowed in the Wharf District, but only the Magisters and Marshals are allowed into the Magistry, unescorted."

"The Magisters each represent a certain portion of the city. Cotone, the oldest and longest standing magister, I remember being level headed and fair minded. If he sanctions the meeting, I cannot see the others interfering. Molo Pesce, though, he is the second oldest. He is in charge of the Wharf District. He is a particularly cruel individual, but more of a blunt instrument, not clever. I know who the others are but not much about them. As far as should you expect trap, I would be more wary of after the meeting, not before."
Kwargrow said:
Turtle will hang around at the guild house and play with any children that come to visit.
GM: Turtle days are just packed.

Tor replies... "I'd say it's VERY likely that they would try to trap us there. There is, after all, a bounty on our heads. And I'd be willing to bet that bounties have priority over any diplomatic overture we might be attempting to make. I would prefer to meet with willing Magisters in a neutral location, no matter how far we have to travel. Perhaps even Boga City. I doubt they'd cause trouble there."
Giodavi takes a deep drink from his mug and gestures to get Tor's attention before he completely finished swallowing. "It may not be quite like you think. The bounty I mean. A bounty is not the same as a decree. A decree would require the consent of the majority, but a bounty can be commissioned by a single Magister. Its details would be compartmentalized enough so as to make the originator difficult to determine, the same as with assassinations."

"To announce yourselves at the gate as the delegation from Southroad Fair, you should know immediately what type of response has been prepared. The Magisters will never agree to meet outside the city, but the meeting should be arranged outdoors. It will be a risk. As such, it is not a decision I will try to influence. I will leave it entirely to you."
[sblock=Character Data]
OOC: Sheldon: full health
Indigo: full health
Tor: full health
Merin: full health
Bolo: full health
Sannit: full health
Turtle:full health
Saemund: full heath
Feroz: full health
Vadin: full health
[/sblock]
[sblock=Purchasing Power]
OOC:
Store Credit in Southroad Fair: 1123 clams
60 Plates: (platinum coin, 3000 clams)
10 Gold Ingots (200 clams)
50 Dublins: (gold coin, 1000 clams)
50 Rupees: (silver coin, 500 clams)
76 Ocrin: (tin coin, 76 clams)
20% Southroad Fair Olive Trade Proceeds
[/sblock]
[sblock=Current Party Holdings]
OOC:
2 Windrunner Stallions
8 Windrunner Mares
3 decorative saddles (San-Bolo, Saemund)
4 standard saddles (Tor, Sheldon, Indigo, Merin, Vadin)
4 Windrunner Colts (with pack rigs)
2 Harnin Mining Mauls
2 Harnin Mining Spikes
2 Harnin Pick Axes
drawing of Assassins' Guild symbol
parchment containing known message
[/sblock]
[sblock=Current Inventory]
OOC: Animal:
  • Anhinga Talisman: 1 (++ Cohesion)
  • Calling Bird Feet: 1 pair {+ Will}
  • Calling Bird Tail Feathers: 5 (1 item) {+ Will}
  • Chicken Feet: 2 pair {+ Confluence}
  • Chicken Tail Feathers: 3 (1 item) {+ Confluence}
  • Duck Tail Feathers: 3 (1 item) (+ Cohesion)
  • Duck Feet: 1 pair (+ Cohesion)
  • Flycatcher Talisman: 3 (+ Motility)
  • Gallinule Talisman: 1 (++ Confluence)
  • Harvester Feet: 1 pair (+ Health)
  • Harvester Tail Feathers: 5 (1 item) {+ Health}
  • Hawk Tail Feathers: 3 (1 item) {+ Strength}
  • Hawk Feet: 2 pair (+ Strength)
  • Huge Beetle Elytrum: 21 pairs
  • Mink Skulls: 4 (+ Adhesion)
  • Songbird Tail Feathers: 5 (1 item) {+ Persona}
  • Songbird Feet: 1 pair (+ Persona)
  • Tapir Hides: 9 (262% cover)
  • Volantin Skins: 6 (360% cover)
  • Volantin Venom Glands: 2 (- Persona x3)
  • Volantin Talons: 120 (++ Motility)
  • Vulture Talisman: 1 (+ Adhesion)
Metal:
  • Zinc Ingots: 14 (+ Health) {Mend x2}
  • Tin Ingots: 110 (+ Persona) {Muddle x2, - Persona x2}
  • Lead: 2 {Rend x2, -Health x2}
  • Iron Ingots: 37 (+ Confluence) {Mend x2}
  • Iron Bricks: 10
  • Aluminum Ingots: 7 (+ Motility) {Thump x2}
  • Chromium Ingots: 10 (+ Strength) {Rejuvenate x2}
  • Magnesium: 2 (+ Will) {Soothe x2, Mend x2, +Health x2}
  • Copper: 2 (+ Persona) {-Persona x2, Shock x2}
  • Molybdenum: 9 (+ Motility)
  • Palladium: 2 {sound x3}
  • Silver: 1 (+Will) {-Will x3}
Plant:
  • Muddle Leaf: 1 {Muddle x2}
  • Soothe Leaf: 2 (Soothe x2)
  • Rend Leaf: 1 {Rend x2}
  • Mend Leaf: 2 (Mend x2)
  • Muddle Flower: 1 {Muddle x3}
  • Soothe Flower: 1 {Soothe x3}
  • Leaves of Harmony: 1 (Harmony x2)
Stone:
  • Slate: 16 (Thump x2)
  • Bloodstone: 4 (+ Health) {Mend x2}
  • Sunstone: 1 (+ Persona) {Charm x2}
  • Heartstone: 3 (+ Confluence) {Mend x2}
  • Carbone Bricks: 35 (Heat x3)
  • Lodestone: 1: {Thump x2}
  • Slickstone: 1: {Cool x2}
  • Livestone: 2 (+ Strength) {Restoration x2}
  • Milkstone: 1 (+ Will) {Harmony x2}
  • Emberstone: 1 (+ Cohesion) {Charm x2}
  • Soft Brimstone Brick: 1: {heat x3}
  • Waterstone: 1 (+Motility)
  • Nightstone: 1 (+Adhesion) {darken x3}
  • Ruddystone: 1 (+Health)
  • Pietrazulfo Brick: 1 (Acidify x4, Heat x4)
.
[/sblock]
[sblock=Unknown Items]
OOC: Bird Skull (Heron): 1
[/sblock]
[sblock=Party Discoveries]
OOC:
Hidden Valley in the Western Jungle
Secluded Lake in Western Jungle with Mysterious Island
[/sblock]
 
Last edited:

Halloween Horror For 5E

Advertisement2

Advertisement4

Top