What Miniature Paint do you use?

Fargoth

First Post
Greetings to you.

I’m curious about what paint you all use on your miniatures. I was considering purchasing some Andrea paints because of some light reading I have done online concerning this subject. I’d like to hear from the EnWorld folk though.

I’ve used Citadel, Reaper, Liquitex, and even Grumbacher watercolors. Each has its strengths/weaknesses. I’m looking for a better all around brand regardless of price.

I’m looking forward to hearing your recommendations/responses.

Regards,
Paul

nyrfherdr

First Post
Hey Paul,

I have used GW, Ral Partha, Polly S, Floquil, Most craft paints (from Michael's, Hobby Lobby, etc), Vallejo (sp?), Adicolor.
I'm going to try Reaper's Master Paints next.

I can get quality results with all of them.

I must say that the Vallejo Game Colours are my favorite.

Game ON!
Nyrf

Fargoth

First Post
nyrfherdr said:
I must say that the Vallejo Game Colours are my favorite.
Nyrf

I've heard good things about Vallejo as well. They came as equally highly recommended as Adrea. Unfortunately for myself, the latter was unknown to me ... hence my original question.

I might have to try the Vallejo as well. Perhaps a couple of bottles as a sampler is in order.

Anyone else have any comments/recommendations? I’d like to find out what the most commonly used paint manufacturer is.

Regards,
Paul
www.fargoth.com

kengar

First Post
I'll put in another endorsement for Vallejo Game Color. I really like mine. One warning, make sure you shake them thoroughly to mix them. Some colors can be "runny." Also, the nozzles on the bottles sometimes get loose be careful when dispensing them or you might get a spill.

pogre

Legend
I paint with mostly Vallejo Game Color and Model Color. I have a complete set of the game color and about 150 of the model color. I still use some old Ral Partha paints and GW inks. I'm intrigued by the new Reaper Master Paints and will probably buy that line in the near future. If anyone tries them who also uses Vallejo, let me know what you think in comparison.

Andrea paints are made by Vallejo.

Last edited:

Fargoth

First Post
pogre said:
Andrea paints are made by Vallejo.

Really? That little morsel of information escaped me. That's good to know. I assume the quality of both is the same ... or is that a dangerous connection to make in this case?

Last edited:

The_Universe

First Post
Fargoth said:
I've heard good things about Vallejo as well. They came as equally highly recommended as Adrea. Unfortunately for myself, the latter was unknown to me ... hence my original question.

I might have to try the Vallejo as well. Perhaps a couple of bottles as a sampler is in order.

Anyone else have any comments/recommendations? I’d like to find out what the most commonly used paint manufacturer is.

Regards,
Paul
www.fargoth.com
I might advise you to add a poll if you want anything other than anecdotal evidence.

For my part, I use Games Workshop and Reaper ProPaints to the exclusion of all others. There might be better stuff out there, but I can get the colors I want and need from those two companies, and so that's what I do.

pogre

Legend
Fargoth said:
Really? That little morsel of information escaped me. That's good to know. I assume the quality of both is the same ... or is that a dangerous connection to make in this case?

I think they are both excellent lines of paints.

Fargoth

First Post
Well I've determined I'm going to try the Andrea/Vallejo paints. I've looked online for some stores in an attempt to find the best deal. Do any of you have any recommendations for an online store to purchase these paints?

Remove ads