[Rokugan] Blood and Cherry Blossoms

Dark Nemesis

First Post
Ai

Of course, Akane, Yoshimori and Kaitsu were present. She also recognizes two other shugenja from her last competition, Agasha Karo, a Phoenix, and Soshi Ryoko, a Scorpion. Not far from the Crane table, she is able to see the girl from the baths, conversing quietly with two Crab samurai.

Reiko

As Reiko paused near the three musicians, he caught sight of a woman standing quietly in a nearby corner. She wore a fashionable kimono, and a silk mask that concealed the upper portion of her face and covered her hair as well. On either side of her stood two Scorpion samurai, silent and imposing. Even from this distance, Reiko could see that all three wore the mon of the Yogo family.

As Reiko watched, she was approached by a Mantis, and they began to converse quietly.

Itarabi

“Heh,” Mitsumi replied with a grin. “You speak with honeyed words, Ikoma-san. If I did not know better, I would think you to be a Crane.” She paused then, and glanced around. “Still, I hope this feast will get underway soon. I am eager to learn when the dueling competition is to begin. Will you be competing in it, Ikoma-san?”

Scotley

Hero
Dark Nemesis said:
Itarabi

“Heh,” Mitsumi replied with a grin. “You speak with honeyed words, Ikoma-san. If I did not know better, I would think you to be a Crane.” She paused then, and glanced around. “Still, I hope this feast will get underway soon. I am eager to learn when the dueling competition is to begin. Will you be competing in it, Ikoma-san?”

"Now you flatter me. As you say words are more my style. Perhaps there will be a chance for Sadane?" He touches the hilt of the sword, "of course the spirit of my Lion ancestors might come over me and inspire me to duel as well. Would you like to practice together?"

G

Guest 11456

Hyota : Male Human Shugenja 8

Dark Nemesis said:
Hyota

As he sat quietly and watched, courtiers circulated the room, talking quietly amongst themselves. Looking around, there were many representatives from the great clans, but he appeared to be the only member of the Fox clan present.

At last, a slender woman clad in a scarlet kimono approached. A black silk mask obscured part of her face, but the flawless skin and delicate features that were visible indicated that she was quite beautiful. “It is rare that a member of the distinguished Fox clan joins us for these festivals. We are honored by your presence.”

Hyota stands quickly and bows. "It is an honor to be in your presense. I thank you for your welcome." Hyota bows again, obviously nervous.

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
*Cho had enjoyed the journey, perhaps too much, for he often found himself clamping down on a reaction to dance with joy at all the new and wondrous things outside the cloister walls. The myriad of people was fascinating, and the feast was the kind of thing he had only read about in scrolls. He conducted Shiro in, keeping his excitement in check at least outwardly.*

I must set aside more time to meditate, when my duties allow me. There were some exquisite gardens here, perhaps I should seek them out to calm my spirit. Cho thinks to himself, as he gazes about at all the new faces and many representatives from all the clans.

Renshi nodded a bit distantly to his sensei, caught up in watching everyone. His eyes fell on the Dragons, why he didn't really know. Perhaps it was just nice to see others that were sitting back and keeping calm. Not that all the activity was that bad, just surprising.

"I was naive to not expect this, wasn't I?" Renshi asked, fighting back a slight grin, "Should I expect the festival to be even more active, Sensei?"

Li Shenron

Legend
Ai

Ai remains sit at her tableplace for the moment, but would like to conversate later with the other Crane woman, when the occasion arises.

Dark Nemesis

First Post
Itarabi

“Sadane? They will probably begin a game later on. I will introduce you to my younger brother later on. If there was any Sadane going on, he would be the one to find it,” Mitsumi replied offhandedly. She then gave a bloodthirsty grin at his question. “Absolutely! I’ve been longing to test my steel against a Lion’s blade.”

Hyota

The woman bowed in response to Hyota’s bow. Below her mask, Hyota can see a faint smile cross her lips. “You are too kind. But please, forgive me for my rudeness. My name is Bayushi Shiori. May I ask your name?”

Cho

As Cho looked about the room, he is able to see a number of interesting people. In a nearby corner, three Scorpions were speaking quietly to a young man who bore the Mantis mon. A moment later, the conversation ended and the Mantis wandered away, accompanied by one of the Scorpions. The two that remained were a tall, slender woman, and a burly yojimbo. The woman, who also bore the Yogo mon, glanced about the room, before finally looking to Cho. She smiled and moved closer to him.

“How pleasant! I do not get the opportunity to speak with many members of the Dragon clan. Good evening to you!”

Renshi

“You will find, Renshi-san, that this is only the beginning,” Boten-sama replied with a faint chuckle. “The festival has not truly begun, but when it has, the flurry of activity will truly be a sight to see. I expect you to keep your eyes open, for only then will you be able to appreciate this experience.”

Ai

As Ai sits quietly with her family, she notices that Kaitsu is looking around quite enthusiastically. “Do you think she is here?” he asked excitedly. Of course, he could only be talking about his betrothed; it was the only thing he had spoken of all day.

Li Shenron

Legend
Ai

Ai smiles kindly at her brother, seeing how he has been nervous since their arrival. "Don't be nervous, Kaitsu-san... You will see your spouse soon, won't you? Try to relax yourself a while, and you will be relaxed as well when you meet her. I am sure she probably feels the same at this moment, as she is waiting to meet you... but you will make her feel much better at once if she sees you confident and comfortable". She thinks that her brother may have been worrying too much about the meeting, but the truth is that Ai herself has become nervous for him. She absolutely wish everything goes well with Kaitsu and his wife, but cannot shrug off a little apprehension. "Kaitsu-san, would it help you feel more comfortable if we have a walk together in the gardens after dinner? I have been there shortly already and they are very beautiful..."

G

Guest 11456

Hyota : Male Human Shugenja 8

Dark Nemesis said:
Hyota

The woman bowed in response to Hyota’s bow. Below her mask, Hyota can see a faint smile cross her lips. “You are too kind. But please, forgive me for my rudeness. My name is Bayushi Shiori. May I ask your name?”

The boy nods and smiles nervously at the woman. "I am most pleasured to meet you Bayushi Shiori. I am Hyota Kitsune." He glances around the room. "When will the festivities begin?"

Last edited by a moderator:

Scotley

Hero
Dark Nemesis said:
Itarabi
“Sadane? They will probably begin a game later on. I will introduce you to my younger brother later on. If there was any Sadane going on, he would be the one to find it,” Mitsumi replied offhandedly. She then gave a bloodthirsty grin at his question. “Absolutely! I’ve been longing to test my steel against a Lion’s blade.”

Itarabi swallows hard the food suddenly feeling like a great lump in his throat. What have I gotten myself into? He strives to retain his outward composure as he says, "I would be most honored to meet your noble brother. Is he also fan of Sadane?"

Remove ads