• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dr. Si's Curse of the Crimson Throne - Seven Days to the Grave

Kaodi

Hero
"We can wait, but not too long, so please make haste," says Ignatius. The ifrit is clearly ready to retreat from this underground complex as soon as the man is ready to go.

OOC: If I did not know better I would say Dr. Simon is trying to hint at something, but damned if I know what it is. I just want to move on to the part where we stash the bodies of the enemies above and leave.

Axel

First Post
Mhairi returned his stare before shrugging. She broke the staring match and walked up to the recently restrained man to check if he was still living. "Go then."

[sblock=ooc]
Is it worthwhile making a sense motive roll - as a hunch that he really is carrying off the keys to the palace treasury?
[/sblock]

Dr Simon

Explorer
The grey man takes a few minutes to carefully pack away some tools and notebooks into a leather bag, then, with a nod to the group he walks out of the door with as much dignity as he can muster. He smells vaguely of freshly-dug earth and a touch of expensive cologne.

Mhairi ascertains that the young Varisian on the table is alive and, unusually for people in this place, not affected by blood veil. He can be revived to consciousness but seems drugged and groggy, responding to commands but unable to speak coherently.

The party returns above ground to regroup and learn from Mamusia Lela that the grey man has left the building.

"A strange person, but my grandsons felt it wise not to tangle with him, yes?" she says. She reports that they have so far managed to remove about half of the sick people from the Hospice, some to All the World's Meat, others to hidden sites around the city recommended by Red. "Did the young gentlemen find anything interesting?" asks the Mamusia.

OOC: The group has earned 4040 XP each for defeating Rolth and other enemies and freeing prisoners. There's more of the underground complex to explore yet...

Axel

First Post
Mhairi

Mhairi clears her throat and steps clear of the three boys. "I don't know what the gentlemen found, but I found more than I care for in a lifetime in one night... I need a bath and something to make me forget this place ever existed."

[sblock=ooc]
Woo, XP! :) That puts Mhairi at 21040 XP total. Not too far to level 7...though we should probably rest so level 6 kicks in first.

What are people's thoughts? Home and rest, after counting up the loot?
[/sblock]

Kaodi

Hero
Ignatius shudders a moment at the thought of being immersed in a "bath"; dreadful things. But the desire to get clean he certainly understands, having come in direct contact with the Blood Veil. Leaning in closely towards Mamusia Lela, he whisper to her, "We have found the likely source of the Blood Veil, though we have not yet destroyed it. And we found the necromancer Rolth along with it, though we put an end to him."

Ignatius leans back and gives that a moment to sink into the woman. Looking around, he says, "I think we should stow the bodies of our fallen enemies in the basement, and then we can take the mechanism for the elevator with us. I still think we might be well advised to hole up in here, but if not I think we should stay close to where we have moved the sick in case there is trouble."

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"We can sleep in Zellara's house. It's not far so we may have some idea what happens here. Also, we don't have to cross any bridges and run into trouble like last time."

Dr Simon

Explorer
Mamusia Lela twitches her shawl and gives a little bow towards Mhairi.

"And the young lady, yes," she says. "Please, forgive a foolish old woman for being impolite." She turns to regards Ignatius and Edmond. "Well," she says. "You've done the city a big favour by removing the necromancer. And Varisians in particular - no-one minds too much if a few thieving moths go missing now and again, eh? We've suffered more than most at his hands, but he's too cunning for even Sczarni to catch. So... well then, I think you are right, we should stop anyone else coming here. Taddeus found a disused storage area at the back, and we've put the Grey Maidens and Physicians in crates in there, along with their equipment. Anyone looking will see only spices from Vudra unless they search too hard.

"You go along and rest, we've nearly finished here. A nice young lady named Lynn at the butcher's shop told us that Gaedren Lamm's old place had become available, so we've moved many sick there for now. Taddeus has offered to stay here in case the Maidens change the guard at some point. He could trick Asmodeus into giving him the keys to Hell, that one,"
she adds with a proud glance at her grandson.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"That's what I wrote in Reds letter, I'm glad it's still unoccupied and put to good use. We'll be in Zellara's house. Take care, mamusia Lela."
Edmond bows slightly and turns toward the exit then stops.

"Mamusia, could you please arrange that kids in my house are informed that we're fine and someone to check on them? Kester won't let unknowns in, but just to see if there's trouble."

OOC: could someone remind me what did we do with young lady whos brother we just rescued? Also, what do we do with him?

Dr Simon

Explorer
OOC: She was originally with Mamusia Lela, so you could just hand him over to the Varisians. Also Edmond sent a message to Kester when he sent the original round of "House of the Forgotten" letters, between defeating Davaulus and entering the warehouse.

Last edited:

Kaodi

Hero
Ignatius is glad to be able to leave the warehouse and get some shut eye. The duel with the shark in the wreckage of the Direption had been like something out of a bad dream, but the encounters they had just had in the warehouse and basement were truly harrowing. The ifrit had seen his share of ugly combat in his time wandering, but never against such ghastly foes. He was ready to confront dark forces, but actually uncovering an evil cult and rooting them out of their lair was a little beyond his experience up until now.

Remove ads