• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[AU] Butterfly Cage - Full, but calling everyone!

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Keia, WizWrm, ES2, and Dalamar - looks good. I'm going to do some last minute checking tomorrow and then I'll have the game thread up this weekend. WizWrm, it's not a problem if Sanje has been there for a few weeks. I'm going to post some information you'd know by now. Conner (and hence Grathis), being there for three days already, would know some of what Sanje knows, to a lesser extent.

I don't mind if you write down a multitude of gods for Connor, Keia, it's part of what I think is neat about the faen, all the different gods. (But nice Highlander reference!)

Dalamar, unless you have a different plot hook in mind for Galen, let me throw this out. You've arrived in Hardak due to a great conjunction of chance. When you finished your training in the arts of runes, your mentor, Na-Gerach, suggested you try to travel south to Yrterot to further your studies. However, your caravan was delayed by weather, then finally diverted west around a washed-out bridge. In order to go south again, you were transfered to another caravan, and yet another, but each was forced from its southerly course due to weather, road conditions, bandits, plague, or some other reason. You ended up on the other side of the Southern Wastes before you knew it. Now you're in a small mining town at the foothills of the southern Bitter Peaks, waiting for yet another caravan. But here might be a good place to make some money, and your purse has gotten awfully thin. And there were some tantalizing rumors about hidden magic about...

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Dalamar said:
Now that's a good story! That is so going to be appended to the background part of my character.
I'm glad you liked it! Also, I just calculated the value of your possessions. You've only spent 9gp, 6sp, and 3cp, so you have 150gp, 3sp, and 7cp left. Get spending my lad! ;)

Last edited:

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Just double checking, Dalamar, you don't have which runes Galen knows on your character sheet. In this thread you've mentioned you wanted the runes of armor and rest, correct?

WizWrm

First Post
Ray Silver said:
Ok people, we are now starting the game! If I stepped on anybody's toes personality-wise with the initial post, please tell me and I can edit.

In Character thread

Hm, my outfit isn't quite as intimidating as you made out; just normal adventurer gear plus a small skull clasp. I suspect once my vocation was known, however, that would probably have the same effect, so I can run with that. But other than that little detail, sounds really great - I very much appreciate the effort you went to fit the setting around the characters rather than fit the characters around the setting.

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
WizWrm said:
Hm, my outfit isn't quite as intimidating as you made out; just normal adventurer gear plus a small skull clasp. I suspect once my vocation was known, however, that would probably have the same effect, so I can run with that.
Ah, so there it is. I just figured it might come out eventually, being that you're a champion. They're fairly dedicated, focused, passionate, bloody single-minded (pick adjective of your choice;)) about their cause, so there's my reasoning. Also, you don't actually see too many verrik in town. The ones in the cloister are mostly that, cloistered. Aside from the verrik I mentioned you saw in the market, you're the only other verrik visible in town.

But other than that little detail, sounds really great - I very much appreciate the effort you went to fit the setting around the characters rather than fit the characters around the setting.
I'm glad you like it. I mean, I like to write, and I can write until the cows come home, but it's hard to surprise yourself. Players can come up with so many different things that I would have never thought of. Champion of death? Wasn't expecting that. Litorian oathsworn was not saved by the guy he's currently guarding, but by the mentor of the guy? Now that's a new twist on an old life-debt plot. Just some examples there, but it's really fun and challenging for me to try to come up with something that keeps six unique characters together and in the forefront of a complex plot in a brand-new world.

ES2

First Post
Ray, I added a personality description for my character in the RG which will explain why my character will say things in a certain way. I hope it makes sense with my race and my charisma being an 8.

Remove ads