Dr. Si's Curse of the Crimson Throne OOC

Ambrus

Explorer
How about the magic items? Do either Edmond or Thorson, as the two martial characters, have any interest in the silversheen or oil of keen edges? Do either Lynn or Edmond, as the arcane casters, have any interest in the wand of magic missiles? Would people rather sell these items at half value to gain some money instead?

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Loot

Edmond can't use the wand of magic missiles (not in his spell list and no UMD) and has acid arrow as his orison (and thus casts at will). We COULD use silversheen in specific situations, otherwise I already made my pick.

I agree we should buy CLW wand and later vigor or some such. Actualy, it might be good idea to agree we take 10-30% of all loot into "group treasury" for buying utility wands, travel expenses, raising dead etc.

As for advancing the game: we go to the temple, there somebody should know how to deal with Varisian dead.

Next level I'm getting magic weapon spell so silversheen will be somewhat redundant.

Ambrus

Explorer
All we need is Oni's two cents on what items and treasures Lynn might want and, if everyone is okay with it, I can set about the task of selling loot, crunching some numbers and reporting back the results.

Oni

First Post
May as well take the wand then. I'm not picky about anything else.

I think we should hang onto the silversheen, it's one of those things you'll really regret not having should you ever need it.

Group fund sounds good, however you want to do it. I'm not big on bean counting. ><

Ambrus

Explorer
I agree with Oni about the Silversheen, even though neither she nor I could do much with it ourselves. It's good to have on hand in case we start seeing clues pointing to lycanthropic activity nearby. See a full moon? Here the wolf howl? Time to break out the Silversheen and slap it on!

On the other hand, I can see Valthosian's point about the Oil of Keen Edges. Who can tell when it'd best be used? It's the kind of thing that'd only seem like a good idea to use in retrospect after an unexpectedly tough fight.

I'm not a big stickler for who gets what treasure-wise, I simply like for money and items to be carefully organized so as to avoid reality warping situations in which characters spend funds they don't have or in which multiple PCs erroneously drink the same potion due to poor bookkeeping. :hmm:

Last edited:

Ambrus

Explorer
Okay. Here's how I propose the loot be divided.

First off, we have Lynn hold onto the Queen's broach with the intention of eventually returning it to the newly crowned monarch. Dj'hân likewise continues holding onto Zalara's deck to use it for the party's benefit.

Second, assuming that its relatively quick and easy to do so, the group exchanges the Chelish gold trade bar for an equivalent amount of gold sails. It might be feasible to do that at or near the Pantheon of Many.

Next, assuming that there are accommodating priests at the Pantheon of Many, the group tithes the succubi figurine and the holy symbol of Shelyn in exchange for a wand of cure light wounds. I figure that Dj'hân, with ranks in use magic device, should hold on to it.

The rest of the treasures (along with the 100 gold sails) are then divided up between the four PCs as follows:

Dj'hân's Share
  • Miniature gold crown – 350 gp
  • Staff of desiccating wind – 97.5 gp (sale price)
  • 20 gold sails
  • 31 silver shields
  • 53 copper pinch

Edmond's Share
  • Ivory scrimshaw kraken – 200 gp
  • Vial of Silversheen – 125 gp (sale price)
  • Garnet necklace – 100 gp
  • Edmond's signet ring – 2.5 gp (sale price)
  • 3 flasks of acid – 15 gp (sale price)
  • 25 gold sails
  • 31 silver shields
  • 52 copper pinch

Lynn's Share
  • Wand of magic missiles I (25 ch.) – 187.5 gp (sale price)
  • Silver lover's ring – 150 gp
  • Adamantine arrowhead – 30 gp (sale price)
  • Thunderstone – 15 gp (sale price)
  • 5 platinum coins
  • 35 gold sails
  • 31 silver shields
  • 53 copper pinch

Thorson's Share
  • Oil of keen edge – 375 gp (sale price)
  • Hand crossbow – 50 gp (sale price)
  • Teak and jade cigar case – 25 gp
  • 18 gold sails
  • 26 silver shields
  • 52 copper pinch

This way everyone gets a nearly equal amount of wealth (give or take a copper) equal to approximately 471.12 gp. Each character is then free to keep the items in their share or sell them for an equivalent amount of cash if and when they desire to do so. Sound good?

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Dj'ahn as broker

Well, if Dj'han goes selling things he might sell ivory kraken as well. Edmond has no place in his life to call home so there is no point in small decorations. Same with the necklace, although he might be taken with Lynn and give her a gift ;) :angel:

Remove ads