• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dr. Si's Curse of the Crimson Throne OOC

Dr Simon

Explorer
I'm going to assume that you can sell anything you want to without a problem, so you can continue to sort out treasure between you.

Meanwhile, if anyone is interested in investing in property in Korvosa, here are a few prices. I'm happy to assume that you already have some form of living arrangement, within reasonable costs.

The Heights
(Posh district surrounding the Acadamae and Castle Korvosa)
The following costs are averages that vary by size.
Ownership
Manor (Citadel Crest) 160,000 gp or more
Manor (Cliffside) 80,000 gp or more
House (Citadel Crest) 100,000 gp
House (Cliffside) 50,000 gp
House (University) 40,000 gp
Townhouse (Citadel Crest) 80,000 gp
Townhouse (Cliffside) 40,000 gp
Townhouse (University) 30,000 gp
Apartment Suite (Citadel Crest) 16,000–60,000 gp
Apartment Suite (Cliffside) 8,000–30,000 gp
Apartment Suite (University) 8,000–20,000 gp
Rent per Month
House (Citadel Crest) 300 gp
House (Cliffside) 140 gp
House (University) 120 gp
Apartment Suite (Citadel Crest) 50–200 gp
Apartment Suite (Cliffside) 25–100 gp
Apartment Suite (University) 25–60 gp
Studio (Citadel Crest) 18–70 gp
Studio (Cliffside) 8–35 gp
Studio (University) 8–20 gp

Midland
(On the river shore, former home to Zellara and Lamm)
Ownership
House (Slope) 30,000 gp
Townhouse (Slope) 20,000 gp
Townhouse (High Bridge) 10,000 gp
Townhouse (Pillar Hill) 15,000 gp
Apartment Suite (Slope) 5,000–20,000 gp
Apartment Suite (High Bridge) 2,000–8,000 gp
Apartment Suite (Pillar Hill) 4,000–12,000 gp
Apartment Suite (West Dock) 2,000–6,000 gp
Rent per Month
House (Slope) 100 gp
Apartment Suite (Slope) 15–60 gp
Apartment Suite (High Bridge) 7–26 gp
Apartment Suite (Pillar Hill) 15–35 gp
Apartment Suite (West Dock) 6–18 gp
Tenement Flat (High Bridge) 4–13
Tenement Flat (West Dock) 3–9
Studio (Slope) 5–20 gp
Studio (High Bridge) 3–8 gp
Studio (Pillar Hill) 5–12 gp
Studio (West Dock) 2–6 gp

North Point
(Northern end of the city. Prosperous dockland)
Ownership
House (Mainshore) 35,000 gp
House (Northgate) 20,000 gp
Townhouse (Five Corners) 12,000 gp
Townhouse (Mainshore) 20,000 gp
Townhouse (Northgate) 15,000 gp
Townhouse (Ridgefield) 8,000–15,000 gp
Apartment Suite (Five Corners) 5,000–10,000 gp
Apartment Suite (Mainshore) 10,000–18,000 gp
Apartment Suite (Northgate) 6,000–15,000 gp
Apartment Suite (Ridgefield) 2,000–15,000 gp
Rent per Month
House (Mainshore) 100 gp
House (Northgate) 60 gp
Apartment Suite (Five Corners) 15–30 gp
Apartment Suite (Mainshore) 30–50 gp
Apartment Suite (Northgate) 16–45 gp
Apartment Suite (Ridgefield) 6–45 gp
Tenement Flat (Mainshore) 15–25
Tenement Flat (Ridgefield) 3–23
Studio (Five Corners) 5–10 gp
Studio (Mainshore) 10–18 gp
Studio (Northgate) 6–15 gp
Studio (Ridgefield) 2–15 gp

Old Korvosa
(Northern island. Boisterous and independent)
Ownership
Townhouse (Garrison Hill) 8,000 gp
Apartment Suite (Bridgefront) 300–500 gp
Apartment Suite (Garrison Hill) 3,000–5,000 gp
Apartment Suite (Old Dock) 1,000–3,000 gp
Rent per Month
Apartment Suite (Bridgefront) 1–3 gp
Apartment Suite (Garrison Hill) 8–16 gp
Apartment Suite (Old Dock) 2–9 gp
Tenement Flat (Bridgefront) 5 sp–1 gp, 5 sp
Tenement Flat (Garrison Hill) 4–8 gp
Tenement Flat (Old Dock) 1–4 gp
Studio (Bridgefront) 4 sp–1 gp
Studio (Garrison Hill) 2–4 gp
Studio (Old Dock) 1 gp, 5 sp–3 gp

South Shore
(Exclusive, spacious area of manor houses)
Ownership
House 20,000 gp
Townhouse 15,000 gp
Rent per Month
House 60 gp
Apartment Suite 10–40 gp

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Edmond Deathwish

Edmond would like to renovate old house of his parents (assuming it was simply abandoned, not that it wasn't sold or is taken over as they lost their business).

It was many years ago and old noble houses could be now in some areas be in slums as 'posh' areas move with times. As his family business was dependant on ship trade they probably had their house somewhere along the river in Old Korvosa. I described family crest before. Is there a list of 'lost' noble families for me to choose one?

I'll leave it to you to place it somewhere convenient that makes sense withing Edmonds history.

If it's unavaliable Edmond will try to find appartment suite with some backyard for his training sessions. Hopefuly with enough beds for children to sleep in.

But we can discuss those as we come to that.

Dr Simon

Explorer
Neurotic: That sounds okay regarding houses. We can work out the specifics later. I'll have a look for some "lost" families, but you're probably safe with making one up.

Do you mind of I change the name of the prelate he was accompanying? There's a cleric NPC it would be good to tie you to.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Prelate

Neurotic: That sounds okay regarding houses. We can work out the specifics later. I'll have a look for some "lost" families, but you're probably safe with making one up.

Do you mind of I change the name of the prelate he was accompanying? There's a cleric NPC it would be good to tie you to.
OK, so the house of Edmond's parents is located in O12 and was sold and later abandoned. It was taken over by local merchant who gave it out to the temple as tithe for getting his child free of some curse. It was then put to various uses from guest house for visiting dignitaries to storage to site of learning acolytes meditation or transcribing books in peace. In time it was abandoned by the temple as it is far from the temple proper and, while still in ownership of the temple, it is not used. Edmond will rent and later buy almost ruinous house and put it in use after redecorating.

You can make some calculations as to how much gold would be required for purchase and/or adaptation.

As for prelate change:
As long as I don't have to hunt through the thread and changing references on him :) Make his middle name Julius so we are safe on that side :)

Oh, and don't forget to include some trouble as old geezers remember some long forgotten slights and/or debts when house becomes functional again. Edmond won't just rebuild the house, but his name also.

Last edited:

Valthosian

First Post
That's a great image! I think it'd go great with those big crocodile hide boots I'd suggested earlier. :cool:

Actually, I am starting to see it....
he needs a dark green outback hat with one side folded up, a cheap cigar, those boots, and the Korvosan equivalent of cargo pants in camo. and some kind of dinosaur hide jacket.

Ambrus

Explorer
If you're going to go for an Outback look, then you might as well add a band studded with crocodile teeth around the hat. And I don't know about dino hide, but I imagine that big ol' Gobbleguts has enough skin left over to make a spiffy coat too. Are you in the market for some masterwork hide armor?

Thorson, the Crocodile Hunter! :lol:

Dr Simon

Explorer
[sblock=Edmond]
Re: The Deathwish Orphanage ;)

Okay, a house in the area of O12 (which is actually the Travelling Man tavern), suitable for minor nobles, would count as an Old Korvosa Town House on Garrison Hill, 8000 gp as new. I think to renovate it to full status would overall cost, say 1/5 of the price (1600 gp). My thought was that if you pay by installments you get the equivalent quality living quarters of however much you've already paid (at 1/5th of buying price in the list above). So if you've pout in 200gp of your money, that's the equivalent renovations to give you 1000gp worth of house, in other words a cheap Old Dock apartment suite. So you've got several useable rooms, but the roof still leaks, for example.

As for Edmond's heritage, there are loads of minor noble houses (that don't warrant the capital letter of a House), known as Dock Families. These are the losers in a shakedown known as the Cousin's War that left several major houses in charge of the city and the rest pretty much bereft of all but minor mercantile power. A signet of three sails suggests a mercantile background. It might be quite a good incentive if the family was pretty much extinct, and it is up to Edmond to revive the name and fortunes (or not). The only Great House with power in Old Korvosa is House Arkona, under the auspices of Glorio Arkona who has turned the fortunes of the House around over the years, witha strong trading presence in Vudra. Glorio sponsors the building of low-rent tenements along Bridgefront to house the poorer members of Old Korvosa, and is very popular because of that. It is said that of all the Great Houses, Arkona are the most ambitious and ruthless.
[/sblock]

Ambrus

Explorer
Just a brief nudge. I'm hoping that we can get some posting momentum going again in the game thread. This campaign is far too interesting and fun to simply let languish into oblivion. :)

Remove ads