• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Heroes Season 1(#14)---2/05/07-'DISTRACTIONS'

Phoenix8008

First Post
Kaodi said:
I'm leaning towards Hiro being a descendant of Kensai. Remember, each samurai sword has a family that it belongs to.

I'll do you one better...Hiro IS Kensai!!!

Think about it. Go back and watch the part in the museum where Hiro describes him running into battle against hundreds of foes and moving at superhuman speed to slice them all down and come out of it untouched. This is why Hiro from the future was carrying the sword. It's the only reasonable weapon to use when you are slowing down time for everyone around you like he did in the museum! He could dodge bullets, slap them out of the air with his sword, or whatever else would look cool at the time. If he used a gun, it could jam or mess up translating from his normal time bubble into the slow time of his opponents. Or the bullets would slow down as soon as they were clear of the barrel.

I figure it this way. At some point, somehow, that painting of Issac's about Hiro facing the T-Rex is gonna come true. Maybe his power turns back on way too strong and he tries to do a time jump back only to find himself in Jurassic Park! Leaping forward bit by bit, he winds up in ancient Japan where he helps some villagers against some evil shogun and becomes the hero named Kensai!

So either way, the sword really is his I figure. We will see if I'm right or not eventually, but I think they've dropped enough hints for it to go this way. Then again, I was wrong in guessing that Claire's dad would be Linderman. So who knows.

Avarice

First Post
Droogie said:
No! What was it?

Oh, and this show is GOD. Tonight's episode was simply superb. George Takei rulz!

I blacked out the answer in my first post, in case people wanted to go back and check for themselves.

Last edited:

Hand of Evil

Hero
Epic
Ed_Laprade said:
So when did Syler pick up invisibility? I could see the whole cell, and so could Claire's Dad. There was nowhere for him to be hiding.
He could have been under the table or on the roof (can he lift himself with his power) but he has shown that 'strange' movement before, when he was shot by the cop.

Yep, I am feeling that Hiro is his own relation.

Peter is such a dip. Starting to really like Claude (invisable man), plus to see he has a backstory with Bennet. I just hope they don't do a LOST; become character driven and never address the connections.

Taelorn76

First Post
It was a good episode, but not my favorite.

The whole Peter whinning thing is getting a little played out. That whole sceen on the roof if they followed Simone up there then they heard the whole conversation, and that her an Issac were not together. I do like the fact he retains peoples powers instead of borrowing them. I like Claude as well. Him and Claire's mom show that there is a whole other generation of heroes out there.

Also what father just gives up on his son so easily. Hiro is telling his dad I have a destiny to save the world and I have special abilities. And his dad is like OK that cool, good luck. HELL no. I can't think any father would act that way. I know I would think my son lost his mind and I am deffinatly taking him home with me.

Richards

Legend
Hand of Evil: I wouldn't worry too much about it - thus far, they've been making more and more connections between the heroes as time goes by. Case in point was last night's episode, where we find out who Claire's real father is. Plus, the mysterious Linderman is a focal point for quite a lot of the heroes. Unless they suddenly do a 180, I'd imagine that they'll carry on the trend and get everybody pretty much linked together.

Johnathan

Fast Learner

First Post
So, it would seem from this episode that Peter can pick up powers of people he's never met (that we know of), evident from the series of powers he goes through when he starts to lose control. He's not met Ted, but you could see the radioactive thing happening in his eyes. He's not met the radio woman, but he could hear electronic signals, twice in the sequence.

LightPhoenix

First Post
Fast Learner said:
So, it would seem from this episode that Peter can pick up powers of people he's never met (that we know of), evident from the series of powers he goes through when he starts to lose control. He's not met Ted, but you could see the radioactive thing happening in his eyes. He's not met the radio woman, but he could hear electronic signals, twice in the sequence.

Or, it's possible that at some point he's been close to Ted and Hana, and we didn't know it.

dravot

First Post
LightPhoenix said:
Or, it's possible that at some point he's been close to Ted and Hana, and we didn't know it.

Or it's some of his pre-cog ability, manifesting itself while he's awake.

Remove ads