• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Heroes Season 1(#15)---2/12/07-'RUN!'

dravot

First Post
Fast Learner said:
I don't see any reason to believe that she's being ordered to kill Nathan, that makes no sense at all. It's surely something like putting pressure on him or whatever. I don't even get why people are jumping to that conclusion.

Because the same episode saw a hit delivered to her via the same method? It's not an unreasonable conclusion to make, quite honestly.

It could be a piece of misdirection, sure, but we'll have to wait to find out.

DonTadow said:
Perhaps Linderman feels he can no longer control Nathan. Either that or the other candidate is more suited.
It's also possible that Linderman knows about Claire, and knows that this could/will destroy his candidate. So he wants to cut his losses or something like that. If Nathan dies before the election, Linderman might be able to get his money back, or can ensure that a second candidate he might have bought gets the votes Nathan would get.

Sir Brennen

Legend
Yeah, I thought it was pretty obvious what was being implied. N/J is now a hit woman for Lindy in exchange for getting out of jail. Nathan's picture was sent in one of her "job" envelopes and only revealed as a - dun dun DUH! - episode cliff-hanger.

Why Linderman wants Nathan hit? Who knows. But he also collects future paintings of Isaac's, and who knows why he does that?

I think his motive is related to Powers more than politics, since he seems entangled with several of the heroes. Perhaps discovering Claire is his daughter means Nathan is a liability? (Guessing Linderman might have Nathan's phone/office bugged to get that info, and that HRG actually works for Linderman.)

The Grumpy Celt

Banned
Banned
dravot said:
Perhaps, but without letting the audience in on it, even a little bit, it feels arbitrary.

I submit that Linderman is somekind of super himself, and/or involved in HRG Man's operation and that is related to why he is having Nathan marked for execution.

Hypothesis One: HRG Man's group tried and failed to capture and corral Nathan before, so they are resorting to killing him rather than allowing him to be a free agent. They were able to capture him easily in Linderman's hotel, only to have Nathan escape shortly later.

Hypothesis Two: Linderman is a super and has learned that Nathan is a super and has decided to kill Nathan rather than deal with a rival that is only nominally in his power. He may have a mentality similar to Sylar's and as a mob boss he has been shown to be ruthless.

Hypothesis Three: Some combination of both of the above.

Fast Learner

First Post
My take was that Nikki/Jessica was his tool. He's used her twice, once in an extortion scheme -- with Nathan -- and once as an assassin. As Linderman's given Nathan $2 million and has him in his pocket, killing him makes no sense at all. Just didn't even occur to me that it was supposed to be a hit, hence my surprise at all the assumptions here.

What the job might be: be seen in public somewhere with Nathan, on camera, so that the extortion tape will be super-solid as needed later.

mmu1

First Post
Fast Learner said:
My take was that Nikki/Jessica was his tool. He's used her twice, once in an extortion scheme -- with Nathan -- and once as an assassin. As Linderman's given Nathan $2 million and has him in his pocket, killing him makes no sense at all. Just didn't even occur to me that it was supposed to be a hit, hence my surprise at all the assumptions here.

What the job might be: be seen in public somewhere with Nathan, on camera, so that the extortion tape will be super-solid as needed later.

A well staged failed public assassination attempt could very well be just what a trailing politician might need in order to win the election.

Of course, it could be spun by the oppossition to suggest that the mob ties his father had possibly extend to Nathan as well, but less than two weeks before the election, it'd probably work to his advantage instead, especially if Linderman pulled strings in the media to portray him as someone who stands up for what he believes in at the risk of his life.

Taelorn76

First Post
mmu1 said:
A well staged failed public assassination attempt could very well be just what a trailing politician might need in order to win the election.

Of course, it could be spun by the oppossition to suggest that the mob ties his father had possibly extend to Nathan as well, but less than two weeks before the election, it'd probably work to his advantage instead, especially if Linderman pulled strings in the media to portray him as someone who stands up for what he believes in at the risk of his life.

And doing that would further put Nathan in Linderman's pocket.

If Nathan survives Linderman's assasination atempt, Linderman is basicly telling him I can to you at any time anywhere.

satori01

First Post
I am of the opinion that Niki's father is Linderman...time will tell.
I liked seeing how Nathan's Mom interacted with him as opposed to Peter. With Peter she is sensitive, caring, supportive. With Nathon she seemed a shrew out to mold Son #1 into the protector of the family empire.

It was a great insight into Nathan's personality. I also think it puts doubt into whether their father killed himself...and if good 'ol Mom has super powers, and executed their father.

Henry

Autoexreginated
LightPhoenix said:
It's unknown exactly how many people he's killed, but in addition to his own powers, he's demonstrated Telekinesis (from the guy in Six Months Ago), Memory/Learning (Charlie), Freezing (unknown), and Melting/Molecular Decohesion (Zane). That's four powers.

The Freezing guy I think was the father of the little girl that Matt found hidden in the House when he first manifested his telepathy. Remember the corpse was frozen, as well as his head cut open.

Taelorn76

First Post
Henry said:
The Freezing guy I think was the father of the little girl that Matt found hidden in the House when he first manifested his telepathy. Remember the corpse was frozen, as well as his head cut open.
You are correct sir :D

Remove ads