• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Heroes Season 1(#15)---2/12/07-'RUN!'

mmu1

First Post
Taelorn76 said:
What about the prints on the gun that Matt made her drop the stairwell.

Depending on how long Matt was out (since the police only got there as he was coming around) she could have had enough time to retrieve it.

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
LightPhoenix said:
So, that's more confirmation that Sylar did in fact kill Charlie in the altered timeline, as well as having the freezing ability. He also does that weird levitation-like thing, again, which I'm not sure is his telekinesis or not.

It only raises more question about his being shot though. First by Matt, and now by Mr. Bennett. Sylar seems to have been wounded this time, but still seems to be recovering much quicker than is normal, even as he wishes he had Claire's power.

joshhg

First Post
Alzrius said:
It only raises more question about his being shot though. First by Matt, and now by Mr. Bennett. Sylar seems to have been wounded this time, but still seems to be recovering much quicker than is normal, even as he wishes he had Claire's power.

I think that has something to do with his telekinesis. The first time, with Matt, the threw himself down, and as he got up, I think I remeber klinking noises as the bullets fell to the ground, from where he stopped them.

With HRG, I think what happened is that he realized he was being shot at, and threw himself backwards with his power. That gave him enough time to stop the bullets from ripping through him, though they had already penetrated.

On his new power: Molecular Decohesion is a big thing. It means he is deadly with in close quarters, so Niki, DL, the Hatian, and other who have more power through touch are going to have (more) problems fighting him. Now he can not be stopped with most barriers, while before they would have at least slowed him down.

Also, though I doubt he experiments with his new powers much, decohesion may be only one facet of the power. He may be able to rearrange bonds, allowing him to change chemical compounds, and mold metals.

Overall, it has just gotten a lot harder to fight him.

LightPhoenix

First Post
joshhg said:
I think that has something to do with his telekinesis. The first time, with Matt, the threw himself down, and as he got up, I think I remeber klinking noises as the bullets fell to the ground, from where he stopped them.

Overall, it has just gotten a lot harder to fight him.

I doubted at first, but I'm starting to suspect after this episode that is the case. Unlike Peter, who barely has knowledge of the power he's absorbed, Sylar's "The Way Things Work" actually seems to give him insight on how to use the powers. That's why I'm more willing to guess the levitation is telekinesis as well. I'm guessing he knows how to use the tekekinesis to make a sort of armor. Great for bullets, not so great against Peter charging him off a roof.

It will be interesting to see Peter if he absorbed The Way Things Work, and can realize it. Somehow though, given the connection to Sylar, I don't really see that happening.

Also, forget fighting Sylar, that'll be relatively easy. What's difficult is holding Sylar. As if he couldn't use telekinesis to blast his way out of a prison, now he can just melt the wall and walk out.

The Grumpy Celt

Banned
Banned
LightPhoenix said:
What's difficult is holding Sylar. As if he couldn't use telekinesis to blast his way out of a prison, now he can just melt the wall and walk out.

I wonder if the person who gives HRG Man is marching orders will want Sylar held for study now or simply executed in the future.

Also, I suspect that Linderman is involved, if not actually the man who does give HRG Man his marching orders. HRG Man and Shinny Head Man (aka the Haitian) waltzed into Linderman's hotel, kidnapped Nathan and walked out all too easily. The staff, afterwards, seemed neither surprised nor apologetic.

Also, this may be related to why Linderman now wanted Nathan killed.

WayneLigon

Adventurer
Mustrum_Ridcully said:
I think one of the reasons why the cops think so little of Matt is that there are enough rumours about Matt's story around so that anybody doubts it story. They probably strongly doubted that it was actually one (or two) super strong woman that attacked him and his client. They might not know what really happened, but they automatically assume that he isn't telling the real story, even if nothing he says contradicts the evidence.

After his 'admitting he lied' to the review board, the days of anyone believing Matt about anything are over unless superpowers become common public knowledge somewhere down the line. I was surprised they even responded to his call. (Though they may have had other people phoning in that they heard shots at that location). Every one of those people on that board plus the paper pushers who filed those reports have by now told everyone they know that 'Parkman told us he can read minds' and had a good laugh over some beers about it.

LightPhoenix said:
Also, forget fighting Sylar, that'll be relatively easy. What's difficult is holding Sylar. As if he couldn't use telekinesis to blast his way out of a prison, now he can just melt the wall and walk out.

Also, Sylar killed a few people before we encounter him. Eight, was it? So we can assume he has all their powers as well, stuff we don't know anything about.

Taelorn76

First Post
WayneLigon said:
After his 'admitting he lied' to the review board, the days of anyone believing Matt about anything are over unless superpowers become common public knowledge somewhere down the line. I was surprised they even responded to his call. (Though they may have had other people phoning in that they heard shots at that location). Every one of those people on that board plus the paper pushers who filed those reports have by now told everyone they know that 'Parkman told us he can read minds' and had a good laugh over some beers about it.

I thought that by telling the board he lied about the super powers that they were going to keep that out of the report.

F5

Explorer
Kaodi said:
It just dawned on me: If Nathan and Peter's Dad had powers, then what were they? For Peter has surely inherited them as well!

*flash of inspiration!*

Peter's Dad had the power of Precognative Dreams. That's where Peter's "rogue power" of his prophetic dreams came from. It's also what drove him to suicide, when he foresaw...what? His son going nuclear and blowing up Manhattan, maybe?

I love this show...

LightPhoenix

First Post
WayneLigon said:
Also, Sylar killed a few people before we encounter him. Eight, was it? So we can assume he has all their powers as well, stuff we don't know anything about.

It's unknown exactly how many people he's killed, but in addition to his own powers, he's demonstrated Telekinesis (from the guy in Six Months Ago), Memory/Learning (Charlie), Freezing (unknown), and Melting/Molecular Decohesion (Zane). That's four powers.

Of the presumably non-powered people, he killed the other cheerleader, the primatech doctor, and a trucker (latest comic), and presumably killed Chandra Suresh. Any of them could have had powers, but it's not likely.

In the recent comic, Sylar mentions that Zane is the last one he remembered from The List. Of those, it seems like he knew the TK guy, freezing guy, Charlie, Claire, Zane, and the little girl (way back when).

I think we've seen the end of Sylar's little bag of tricks for now. I'm becoming more convinced that the bullet deflection and levitation are from the telekinesis.

Remove ads