Heroes Season [Volume] 2 (#32)---11/19/07-'Cautionary Tales'

Vocenoctum

First Post
Mark said:
Parkman has a power handed down from his father, only more powerful.

Is it more powerful? I thought the whole point with Parkman was duplicating the advances his father had made, not that his power was different. Ma Petrilli seemed aware of him being capable of it at least.

Mark

CreativeMountainGames.com
Ankh-Morpork Guard said:
Huh?

We never found out whatever his father could do. There was the assumption that his father was Kensei, hence long life, etc...but that was long before Season 2 started, and its definitely not true.

In fact, of the older generation of heroes, we ONLY know the power of Adam and Parkman's father.

Kind of seems like you're reaching a little too hard to make everyone connected. I mean, they ARE connected in the sense that they're all 'special', but I don't think that also means everyone needs to be related. In fact, for me, that would cheapen it a great deal.

Nakamura Sr. states that he was impressed his son could time travel and that Hiro had become even more powereful than he had been, indicating that the father had a less enhanced version of the same power.

Mark

Vocenoctum said:
Is it more powerful? I thought the whole point with Parkman was duplicating the advances his father had made, not that his power was different. Ma Petrilli seemed aware of him being capable of it at least.

Parkman was able to stop his father at his own game. Not a different power but a more enhanced (stronger) version of the same power, from what I gathered.

Mark said:
Nakamura Sr. states that he was impressed his son could time travel and that Hiro had become even more powereful than he had been, indicating that the father had a less enhanced version of the same power.
See, I didn't take that as Nakamura saying he had the SAME power...just the his son had become stronger than him as a whole.

Wulf Ratbane

Adventurer
Ankh-Morpork Guard said:
See, I didn't take that as Nakamura saying he had the SAME power...just the his son had become stronger than him as a whole.

I rather thought Kaito's power was to slow time, but not move through it.

Hence the training montage.

Yes, he has the power of... MONTAGE!

Richards

Legend
Ankh-Morpork Guard said:
In fact, of the older generation of heroes, we ONLY know the power of Adam and Parkman's father.
Actually, we also know of Linderman's power as well. Remember what he did with that wilted plant?

Johnathan

Richards said:
Actually, we also know of Linderman's power as well. Remember what he did with that wilted plant?

Johnathan
Ack, yeah. Still, of the people in that picture, that's a whole three people we know.

It IS possible that Kaito Nakamura had a time related power, and I did go back and watch that scene again...its maybe HINTED at, but its still very vague and I still see the scene as a way for the father to say that his son has become a better man. The classic coming of age thing.

...though the power of montage would, indeed, rock.

Ed_Laprade

Adventurer
Mark said:
Let us not forget that Claire and flyboy are about the same age. Why, also, have flyboy be someone who can fly? Why not have the new boyfriend with some other ability? They go out of their way to make sure that we know that abilties are passed down and then randomly decide that someone who is supposedly not related has the same ability as a major character that has been in the show since the beginning? With all of the abilities the writers might have chosen for the new boyfriend, we are to believe that the writers accidently chose an ability already in use without thinking what that might do to their series bible? I'm not convinced it is an accident.
I added the bold. To answer the question: No. In a TV Guide interview Kring said that it was done deliberately because they thought it would be cool for Claire's boyfriend to have the same power as her father. Which pretty much puts paid to most of your theory.

Mark

Ed_Laprade said:
I added the bold. To answer the question: No. In a TV Guide interview Kring said that it was done deliberately because they thought it would be cool for Claire's boyfriend to have the same power as her father. Which pretty much puts paid to most of your theory.

Do you have a link? I'd love to see the actual wording on that. More than once I have seen things intimated in interviews (for any number of shows) in one direction as a red herring to deliberately befuddle online mavins like ourselves. I would not put it past Kring to be clever enough to do just such a thing.

Remove ads