• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Heroes Season [Volume] 2 (#32)---11/19/07-'Cautionary Tales'

Darkwolf71

First Post
DonTadow said:
HRG draws a parrell between Bob and himself which makes me think that Elle is adopted. The parrell made me feel that it was exact, meaning Bob turned his "adopted" daughter into a guinny pig and hrg didn't. I couldn't imagine any bioligical father letting that happen.
When Elle tells HRG "You don't know anything about me" it would have been the perfect opportunity to reveal that she was adopted like Claire. Yet he simply says "I was there when your father brought you in."

Darkwolf71

First Post
Steel_Wind said:
I can see why there are arguments suggesting that Elle and Claire are not half-sisters. I'm fine with that. But the suggestion that they ARE related is entirely possible.
The way I see it, they may all be descended from Adam/Kensai. He's had 400 years to sow his wild oats all over the place.

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
Darkwolf71 said:
The way I see it, they may all be descended from Adam/Kensai. He's had 400 years to sow his wild oats all over the place.

Thats entirely plausible considering that some geneticists say that 80% of England's population is descended from Edward III

Hand of Evil

Hero
Epic
Relique du Madde said:
Thats entirely plausible considering that some geneticists say that 80% of England's population is descended from Edward III
Or some time traveller(s)....from the future...What did become of Peter's Irish love. :cool:

Mark

CreativeMountainGames.com
Relique du Madde said:
Unfortunately I think you're wrong here. If you rewatch the phone conversation between Nathan and the Claire's mom its obvious that he knew that they had a child since he said that he went to Claire's mom's funeral and its highly unlikely that he wouldn't have heard the about the baby during the service especially if both were thought to have perished in the fire. Also, considering Claire's mom's personality, I seriously doubt that she wouldn't have let the fact that she was pregnant and had a Nathan's child slide before the fire occurred.

Right. Nathan didn't know he had a kid until after the child was born. At birth, the Company switches out Nathan's real kid, flyboy, for Adam's kid, Clare, who the Company is trying to hide from Adam, lest Adam kill Clare as potentially able to withstand Adam who the Company has long since feared was too powerful. Meanwhile, the Company, who has a prior relationship with trailerpark mom when they took Elle off her hands and gave Elle to Bob, on which to experiment and turn into an assassin, sends Noah to take out trailerpark mom since she is unstable but Noah fakes a fire, pays off trailerpark mom to take a powder and passes flyboy on to some other foster parents, keeping tabs on him periodically. It's why, when Noah's family had to run, they could so easily move near flyboy, as Noah was keeping a second life going there as one of his "paper" Company business trips. A little later, trailerpark mom resurfaces again anyway and puts the squeeze on Nathan's family which was intercepted by Angela, then part of the Company, who pays off trailerpark mom yet again. In this scenario even trailerpark mom does not know that Clare is not her and Nathan's kid. Angela does and it is one of the very deep secrets she is deparately trying to keep so that Adam never finds out. Bob, perhaps now working for Adam, suspects but is not sure of Clare's actual heritage and it is the real reason he wants either Clare or some of her blood.

(I originally thought that the lineage was Adam to Linderman to Clare. Now I think it is Linderman to Adam to Clare and that sometime in a future episode the Haitian will wipe Adam's memories and future Hiro will take Adam back in time to become Kensei, only to become more powerful than his father Linderman. It's what makes Clare so special, she is actually a third generation mutant. That would also mean that flyboy is third generation, too.)

As to the last woman in the photo, I think that one is the real mother of Sylar and Peter.

btw, this seems very wrong.

Last edited:

Mark

CreativeMountainGames.com
Mustrum_Ridcully said:
I noticed that Heroes is pretty good at avoiding invalidating previous information.
They often put things in a new direction or put a different perspective on it, but they avoid contradicting previous explainations or relations.
Usually, Occam's Razor works in (or on?) Heroes.

Occam's Razor suggests that the mating of a hero and non-hero begets a hero with the same power that becomes more powerful and the mating of a hero and hero beget a hero with a mutated new power. What we know from the show (so-caled "previous information") is all from perspective and just as likely to be false information as truth.

LightPhoenix

First Post
Mark said:
Occam's Razor suggests that the mating of a hero and non-hero begets a hero with the same power that becomes more powerful and the mating of a hero and hero beget a hero with a mutated new power. What we know from the show (so-caled "previous information") is all from perspective and just as likely to be false information as truth.

I think Occam's Razor suggests very little, because we don't have enough data to make an informed assumption. The only confirmed instances of parents with powers who have children with powers are:

1) Nathan & Firemommy -> Claire
2) DL & Niki -> Micah
3) Mr. Walker -> Molly (note: Mrs. Walker did not have a power, else Sylar would have eaten her brains as well)
4) Maury -> Matt (no clue on Mrs. Parkman)

In that we have only one real "pattern" - two parents with powers will have children with powers. Occam's Razor suggests that, at least. There's no correlation between a parent's power and a child's, as given by the Walkers. Furthermore, in "Five Years Gone" it's implied that parents with no powers are giving birth to children with powers.

Mr. Walker had an ability, but we don't know what it is. Angela Petrelli and Kaito Nakamura probably have powers, but we haven't seen them. Regardless of if they do or not, we don't know if their spouses did. Bob may or may not be Elle's biological father - I think the episode is sufficiently ambiguous on the point.

You know, for a volume called "Generations," there hasn't been a lot revealed about families. :)

Vocenoctum

First Post
LightPhoenix said:
3) Mr. Walker -> Molly (note: Mrs. Walker did not have a power, else Sylar would have eaten her brains as well)

Theoretically, Mr Walkers power wouldn't be "find anyone" either, since Sylar didn't display such a talent, instead following Older Suresh's list, IIRC.

Mark said:
Confirmed by who?
By everything that happened in the show.

Ma Petrelli helps Claire because she is her daughter.
Nathan pays Firemommy to keep her mouth shut about her daughter.
Firemommy says Nathan is Claires daughter.

Sure, tomorrow Sylars father could appear and say that he is her true father, but that's exactly the kind of twist Heroes managed to avoid so far. They don't invalidate previous information entirely. They add context which might change the meaning, but this changes only our interpretation of the information, or adds new implications.
The information we got was "Nathan is Claires father". Maybe there is some further twist - it wasn't a "love child", it happened when Nathan was drunk, or Firemommy just stole Nathans sperm and just claimed it happened during her affair. Maybe Firemommy is actually Nathan's half-sister or Adams daughter. That's the kind of twist Heroes might do.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads