• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Heroes Season [Volume] 2 (#32)---11/19/07-'Cautionary Tales'

Mark

CreativeMountainGames.com
Relique du Madde said:
According to Angela, according to Nathan, and according to Claire's mom.

Nathan didn't actually know until later and then thought them both dead. Clare's (supposed) mother is also not to be trusted. I think Elle comes from trailerpark-energy-power-woman and that the flyboy is actually Nathan's kid. The Company is really big on switcharoos and misdirection.

Vocenoctum

First Post
Mark said:
Nathan didn't actually know until later and then thought them both dead. Clare's (supposed) mother is also not to be trusted. I think Elle comes from trailerpark-energy-power-woman and that the flyboy is actually Nathan's kid. The Company is really big on switcharoos and misdirection.

Elle is totally the wrong age to be Fire Lady's child though. 24 vs 18. Plus, Fire Lady and Nathan are the ones that had a kid, so giving each of them a different kid seems off.

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
Mark said:
Nathan didn't actually know until later and then thought them both dead. Clare's (supposed) mother is also not to be trusted.

Unfortunately I think you're wrong here. If you rewatch the phone conversation between Nathan and the Claire's mom its obvious that he knew that they had a child since he said that he went to Claire's mom's funeral and its highly unlikely that he wouldn't have heard the about the baby during the service especially if both were thought to have perished in the fire. Also, considering Claire's mom's personality, I seriously doubt that she wouldn't have let the fact that she was pregnant and had a Nathan's child slide before the fire occurred.

Last edited:

DonTadow

First Post
Relique du Madde said:
Unfortunately I think you're wrong here. If you rewatch the phone conversation between Nathan and the Claire's mom its obvious that he knew that they had a child since he said that he went to Claire's mom's funeral and its highly unlikely that he wouldn't have heard the about the baby during the service especially if both were thought to have perished in the fire. Also, considering Claire's mom's personality, I seriously doubt that she wouldn't have let the fact that she was pregnant and had a Nathan's child slide before the fire occurred.
Yeah, if claire winds up not being firelady's baby it would feel like a major post retcon (the kind i hate in comics). They'd have to explain how elle survived the fire and why does the mom get around so much.

LightPhoenix

First Post
Claire is Nathan and Firemommy's kid.

For one, that's why Nathan paid her off - he knows it's his.

Also, we don't see it completely in the show (and is thus not canon to some), but the comic clarifies that before Kaito gives Claire to HRG on the rooftop, their (Claude and HRG) mission is to take in Firemommy, and they save Claire.

The similarity between Claire and Elle (down to appearance and attitude) is to highlight the idea that Elle is what Claire would have turned into if HRG gave her up to the Company. Hence the title of this episode, "Cautionary Tales."

Mark said:

I noticed that Heroes is pretty good at avoiding invalidating previous information.
They often put things in a new direction or put a different perspective on it, but they avoid contradicting previous explainations or relations.
Usually, Occam's Razor works in (or on?) Heroes.

Vocenoctum

First Post
Mustrum_Ridcully said:
I noticed that Heroes is pretty good at avoiding invalidating previous information.
They often put things in a new direction or put a different perspective on it, but they avoid contradicting previous explainations or relations.
Usually, Occam's Razor works in (or on?) Heroes.

I haven't noticed it as much this season, though I've not been paying as much attention perhaps, but last season was rampant with little tweeks in flashbacks. A lot of times, they'd reshoot the recaps at the start of the episode and add/ remove dialogue to push things in the new direction the new guy wanted for his episode.

I do believe Claire is Nathans, though I put forward the idea that perhaps Nathan had more than one illegitimate child (Flyboy), it's entirely possible they'll retcon and show that Firelady was unfaithful.

Steel_Wind

Legend
Vocenoctum said:
I haven't noticed it as much this season, though I've not been paying as much attention perhaps, but last season was rampant with little tweeks in flashbacks. A lot of times, they'd reshoot the recaps at the start of the episode and add/ remove dialogue to push things in the new direction the new guy wanted for his episode.

I do believe Claire is Nathans, though I put forward the idea that perhaps Nathan had more than one illegitimate child (Flyboy), it's entirely possible they'll retcon and show that Firelady was unfaithful.

I have no problem with Claire and Elle being half-sisters. I don't know why this is controversial, to be honest.

I can see why there are arguments suggesting that Elle and Claire are not half-sisters. I'm fine with that. But the suggestion that they ARE related is entirely possible.

Vocenoctum

First Post
Steel_Wind said:
I have no problem with Claire and Elle being half-sisters. I don't know why this is controversial, to be honest.
Half sisters is possible I suppose, I'm just saying that Elle wouldn't be the baby that Firelady and Nathan had. Even accepting that Bob is Elle's dad, that leaves a mother out there.

I can see why there are arguments suggesting that Elle and Claire are not half-sisters. I'm fine with that. But the suggestion that they ARE related is entirely possible.

Retcon's are always a chance and nothing is ever concrete, so anything is possible.

Remove ads