• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Night's Embrace: Part 1--A Touch of Darkness

Legildur

First Post
Legildur grunts in agreement with Titus' comments. Slapping his friend on the shoulder, the bald-headed monk raises a concern. "I think we need to use the remaining money to buy food. You foraging has no guarantee of success, and will take time and energy that we do not really have."

Rystil Arden

First Post
"It must have been the Lady's will that I should come across this, and then again when I was rescued. I must see this through. It is my duty to my Goddess for delivering me, and to you."

Boddynock

First Post
Kelloran lets out a breath he didn't realize he was holding.

"Well, that's great. When should we start out? Oh, and, just to remind you, we were going to check out the Hedge Mage - after all, it was his tracks that led us to the warehouse."

"I think we've got plenty of cash - we must be able to buy some supplies to keep us going."

Legildur

First Post
"I'd forgotten about the Hedge Mage," says Blunt as he rubs his chin. "Though I doubt that we'll find him there nor what happened to him."

"I say we leave immediately (ooc: forget what time of day it is), grab some rations and start walking. And maybe some rope to replace what we left behind at the warehouse. The longest journey starts with but a single step. And standing here is not getting us any closer to solving this problem."

Shayuri

First Post
"After all that's happened, we're just going to...leave?" Sulannus asks uncertainly. "Shouldn't we at least tell someone what happened here? What if he starts kidnapping people again? What if our interpretation is wrong? Maybe we should seek out another wizard, or a temple...people of learning that can help us. I feel we're being too hasty, too confident in snap judgements."

She looks at the other elf pleadingly. "Don't you?"

jkason

First Post
Titus Farrab, human ranger

Shayuri said:
"After all that's happened, we're just going to...leave?" Sulannus asks uncertainly. "Shouldn't we at least tell someone what happened here? What if he starts kidnapping people again? What if our interpretation is wrong? Maybe we should seek out another wizard, or a temple...people of learning that can help us. I feel we're being too hasty, too confident in snap judgements."

She looks at the other elf pleadingly. "Don't you?"

Titus shrugs, not waiting for Nhalia's reply. "I'm not much of a thinker, I'll admit," he says. "I will say, though, that so far we've done a lot of things that make us look like the bad guys and don't do much to prove our case the other way. I'm all for finding someone who's better at thinking these things out, but perhaps we'd have as much--or more--luck finding someone like that in the capital?

"In the meanwhile, we could have a letter delivered to the town guard pointing to the warehouse. If they find something, great. If they don't--or worse, they decide we're the criminals for having broken in--then we'll already be on the road with a head start."

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Too much is unknown...my father says there are few Wizards in human lands, particularly here, and Titus may be right that you wouldn't be believed. Sometimes, when confronted with the unknown, we must seek to explore it, to gently ride the whims of mystery. If each and every one delegated that to another, the unknown would never become the known."

Legildur

First Post
"Sorry, Sulannus," says Blunt when Shan fails to comment. "Looks like we are off to the wizard." Blunt pauses for a moment. "Now why on earth would I say that?" he queries, shaking his head. "Anyway, we need rations, sunrods, and to replace the rope we left behind. But I do agree that we should visit the hedge wizard once more."

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads