D&D 5E (OOC) Rise of the Dracolich (Full)

Prickly Pear

Adventurer
Looks like we’re going to re-connect with Oopee and the toad queen. Hopefully.
Maybe still a good idea to cast Beacon of Hope so we can regain maximum HP from healing. And then heal Kalorn, Mord and Lorenn with first level Cure Wounds.
Sesto can recover spell slots during long rest with toad queen.
If there won’t be a long rest… well, then he can go strong on cantrips!

I’ll post in a few hours. I’m skiing at the moment. It’s winter in Australia after all!

gargoyleking

Adventurer
3/7 charges left on the dagger.

Also, Mord can only be amused by a priest of Lathander himself creating undead.

On a side note, I stated that Mord didn't have time to loot/dispose of corpses. But I do suggest that some others do so. This place does have at least one necromancer at the very least and we shouldn't go around leaving ammunition for them.

Prickly Pear

Adventurer
Shall we dismember the bodies? Maybe there will be a bunch of crawling claws chasing us!
It’s good that Sesto reduces the number of dead bodies, although he might not have succeeded yet.

Sesto laughs at the thought of the enormous trolls wearing small masks.

gargoyleking

Adventurer
Honestly, the cloaks and masks were more of a way to keep the Mordguard lowkey in a world that generally abhors necromancy. He's not about to go walking about civilization with a pair of giant sized skeletons following him around even with cloaks and masks. They'd stand out 'far' too much for that. 'If' they survive this mission, he'll likely destroy them himself before we leave.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
I figured as much. I've been statting up the Troll Skeletons. I might have to get you to use another charge from the dagger on 'em. I can't bring myself to make them only twice-as-good as a skeleton. They've been burned to death, of course, so it's not like they regenerate, at least. (In case anyone wondered!)

On the other hand, I'm gonna make Sesto's Kobold Zombies weaker than regular zombies, so I figure a level-four Animate Dead would give him five of them, rather than 3.

gargoyleking

Adventurer
Hmm, sounds interesting I suppose. Of course, with the way the dagger functions, that does leave a serious problem in that the dagger is unlikely to recharge fast enough to keep up with the demands put upon it. On average it should be recharging about 4.5 charges per night. With 3 mordguard, he was basically playing it safe with only using the mimimum roll of charges every night. 4 is a bit risky, 5 is bordering on dangerous.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
How do it's charges work? 7 with 1d6+1 returning? 1 charge for a level 3 Animate, +1 charge per level?

Now, technically Animate Dead only works on medium-sized corpses, and only makes basic Skeletons. I guess that makes 4 charges about the equivalent of a level 6 necromancy spell, which would create three ghouls.

If I keep the CR of the trolls down to 1ish (I think what I've got is better than ghouls (without that annoying stun), but close enough - and you've only got two of them) then I guess 4 slots works.

Okay, I've got 'em.

Last edited:

Remove ads