D&D 5E What rule(s) is 5e missing?

tetrasodium

Legend
Supporter
Epic
For me, the issue is: is a haiku 'lazy' because I prefer an hundred page epic poem? Minimalist paintings? Those '5 ingredient' recipe books? Setting out to do something with a confined scope doesn't equate to lazy. Mind you, 'the <creators> intended it to be that way' is not a dodge of critique, and said minimalist thing can be (subjectively) genuinely bad, but that's a different beast than lazy.
If the recipes in those "5 ingredient recipe books" rely too heavily on on the spices leavening agents & so on being "to taste" to the point that the reader needs to complete the recipe more often than not it would be a recipe book worthy of the bad reviews

Reynard

Legend
If the recipes in those "5 ingredient recipe books" rely too heavily on on the spices leavening agents & so on being "to taste" to the point that the reader needs to complete the recipe more often than not it would be a recipe book worthy of the bad reviews
No, it would be more akin to giving a recipe book a bad review for not being a spy novel. When people want something to be something it is not, it isn't the creator of that thing who is at fault in the situation.

pogre

Legend
Domain management and large-scale combat is what comes to mind like you said, and it looks like we're about to get that soon.
Admittedly, I do not keep up with developments and tend to buy books as they come out...

What is going to have the domain and mass combat rules?

Stormonu

Legend
I want Skill Challenges and Minions back.

I mean, I already have them back in my own games. I just want them officially back.
I am happy without minions; they don't fit my playstyle. If others want them, couldn't you just give the monster the absolute minimum hit points, have it deal average/minimum damage and get mostly the same effect?

As for skill challenges, I occasionally just build my own version as it gives me ideas for various skills can be used and what their results would encompass - though a lot of times I just feel like its overly artificial.

payn

He'll flip ya...Flip ya for real...
I am happy without minions; they don't fit my playstyle. If others want them, couldn't you just give the monster the absolute minimum hit points, have it deal average/minimum damage and get mostly the same effect?

As for skill challenges, I occasionally just build my own version as it gives me ideas for various skills can be used and what their results would encompass - though a lot of times I just feel like its overly artificial.
I am curious about minions too. Cant you just give them one hit point? Is there something more expansive than that which requires rules mechanics?

Laurefindel

Legend
Admittedly, I do not keep up with developments and tend to buy books as they come out...

What is going to have the domain and mass combat rules?i
Yeah, I wasn't very accurate. Like @Reynard said, I was mostly referring to the Dragonlance combat boardgame that has been hinted could cross-media with TTRPG D&D. Domain management rules are not on the radar AFAIK.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases