[AU] Butterfly Cage - Full, but calling everyone!

ES2

First Post
Yeah, I want to know the full background between me and the litorian also. ;) ;)

Jaik, I do like the roleplaying possibilities of what could develop if we tak the idea of you being an oathsworn and taking the oath to protect the mohj despite not really liking him. We just need to come up with the reasons as to why a Litorian Oathsworn would swear an oath to a Mohj.

I'm also trying to come up with a basic idea of where I might have come from and why I am traveling around with the group. I like the Mohj, but it's hard to come up with a background for one of the strangest races I have ever read about or played. I just need a simple idea to expand upon.

Also, to the more experienced AU particpants, what do you think would cause a Witch to gain his/her powers? What would cause a person to gain a Totem for his Totem Warrior? I'm trying to come up with reasons as to how and why my Mohj would eventually take these classes if I decide to eventually multiclass into both (if we play that long, which would be cool if we do).

Rybaer

First Post
ES2 said:

I'm also trying to come up with a basic idea of where I might have come from and why I am traveling around with the group. I like the Mohj, but it's hard to come up with a background for one of the strangest races I have ever read about or played. I just need a simple idea to expand upon.

Also, to the more experienced AU particpants, what do you think would cause a Witch to gain his/her powers? What would cause a person to gain a Totem for his Totem Warrior? I'm trying to come up with reasons as to how and why my Mohj would eventually take these classes if I decide to eventually multiclass into both (if we play that long, which would be cool if we do).

The mohj are a tough one. The fact that they live so much longer than humans might give some insight into why or what kind of personality would pursue that sort of transformation.

Going with the info in the AU book, the witches seem to most often be taught their craft by another witch. Their powers come from the revelation of secrets and practice, most likely. The totem, on the other hand, is more of a personal thing. Perhaps the totem spirit has selected the character more than the other way around. The character would likely be someone already suited to the totem's personality, though.

Help any?

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Dalamar, do you have Galen's two lesser runes picked yet?

Also in regard to the witch and totem warrior thing, I generally agree with Rybaer. Witchery seems to need some teaching and/or discipline and instructions. Totem warriors may come from one's culture, or simply come from within as a kind of deep natural expression of one's inner nature.

Last edited:

ES2

First Post
Okay, those give me some ideas to work into the background. Man mohj are tougher than the others. I shall post my stats today, but I do need some kind of idea as to why my Litorian friend will be traveling with me. ;)

Dalamar

Adventurer
I'm thinking of Runes of Armor and Rest, Armor for the protective value (I'm going to be a bit on the offensive side) and Rest for the obvious benefit. The rest of the runes aren't really useful for me just yet, since I can't set passwords (after which I'll make heavy use of the elemental damage runes).

Last edited:

ES2

First Post
Just posted my character in the Rogue's Gallery. If anything is out of wack (not right) please let me know. Tell me what you tink of it also.

Keia

I aim to misbehave
To clarify something for me on the spell known as a magister . . .

If I can cast simple and complex spells, then I know them all? I didn't find anywhere where you only know so many spells. The only thing I found was on page 164 which indicated that if you could cast any particular group of spells, then you knew them all. There are no spell books.

Is that as you see it as well?

Keia

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Yes, that's the way it works for all magic-users in AU. If your class abilities say you know simple spells, you know all simple spells. If you know simple and complex, you know all simple and complex.

The caveat is your spells readied. You may ready only a certain number of spells per day, which you may cast with your spell slots. It kind of works like a sorcerer who can change his spells known each day. In addition, if you have an hour to spare during the course of the day, you can change your readied spells (but can't replenish your spell slots until you've slept).

Bonus spells give you additional spell slots and spells known. You also get bonus 0th level spells, check the bonus spell chart in the first chapter.

Note a caster may weave together three spell slots from a lower level to power a spell of one level higher. He may also unravel a higher level slot to power two spells of one level lower.

Does that answer your magical questions? :)

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Perfectly. Thanks - it's always a good idea to check on things to make sure, especially on the first run of a system for me.

Character mostly posted. History, spells readied, and equipment when I'm back with my book.

Keia

Dalamar

Adventurer
So does the number of bonus 0-level spells follow the pattern laid out by the standard table in the PHB? I had to extrapolate that myself since it isn't in the PDFs.

Remove ads