Ceramic DM/Short Story Smackdown '08

FickleGM

Explorer
Rodrigo Istalindir said:
It's been a long time, and I feel the need to amaze and amuse. Amaze myself in actually being able to get some writing done, and amused at the thought that it might be any good, anyway.

So is there any interest in another round of Ceramic DM/SSS? For those that don't know what I'm talking about, it's a timed writing contest where you go head-to-head against another contestant, where you have to use pictures posted by the moderator as the basis for the story. Full details in my .sig. It's a lot of fun, and a good way to hone rusty writing skills.

Last spring's competition

There was one last fall, too, but my search function is temporarily absent, and my google-fu is weak tonight.
You linked to the winter competition. There was at least one between then and now...ah, here it is - ENW Short Story Smackdown Summer 07

I suppose that it makes sense that you couldn't find it, since it's your thread. ;)

FickleGM said:
You linked to the winter competition. There was at least one between then and now...ah, here it is - ENW Short Story Smackdown Summer 07

I suppose that it makes sense that you couldn't find it, since it's your thread. ;)

Thanks for the link. I can't search right now as my account expired last week and all the admins were too drunk otherwise occupied at the NC Gameday to rectify the situation, despite my having ponied up the cash.

And yes, that's what she said.

awayfarer

First Post
I'd love to participate but my schedule for the next month might make it a bit awkward. Is there a rough idea of how long it would run or when we'd start?

awayfarer said:
I'd love to participate but my schedule for the next month might make it a bit awkward. Is there a rough idea of how long it would run or when we'd start?

As soon as we can find some judges. Usually takes a month and half to play out, depending on how many rounds.

orchid blossom

Explorer
I may regret this but I could use some distraction.

Count me in.

Unless the need for judges becomes greater, in which case I could judge instead.

orchid blossom said:
I may regret this but I could use some distraction.

Count me in.

Unless the need for judges becomes greater, in which case I could judge instead.

Excellent!

You've served your time as a judge; I'd rather see you write again.

Berandor

lunatic
No no, I think orchid, Piratecat, Rodrigo, Eeralai and maxfieldjadenfox should compose a five-person VIP jury headed by RangerWickett. Yeah, that should do it. And nobody except me uses words beginning with M. Muhahaha.

Remove ads