Heroes Season 1(#11)---12/04/06-'FALLOUT' Mid-Season Cliffhanger

Sir Brennen

Legend
dravot said:
Peter assimilated Claire's power, Matt's power and all of Sylar's powers, all in less than 1 day.
Not to mention the nice "mind-reading feedback" that happened when Matt tried to read Pete's mind.

"You know that I know that you know that I know that..."

LightPhoenix

First Post
hafrogman said:
Simone and Mohinder were there as well, both officially unpowered.

Doh! How could I forget! Isaac was grabbing Simone (probably they're getting back together), so I shouldn't have missed her. Moho was kinda by himself, so I can kinda see that.

The survivor list expands!

Ed_Laprade

Adventurer
Darn, I had a great rant all lined up about Claire's dad. Then I finally figured out his real motivation regarding Claire Bear. When he says that he's trying to protect her, what he means is that he's trying to protect his image of her as his Little Girl. Never mind that it's a hopeless cause, his brain's shut off where she's concerned. Otherwise he'd have to ask himself what her next logical step would be once she lost her memory of what she's been doing about her power for the past couple of weeks. Let's see: she's been set back emotionally and knowledgably (sp?) to where she started having Zack videotaping her trying to kill herself, etc. So what's she likely to do now? How's about Start All Over Again?

But, thanks to the talkative HG, that won't happen now. :D

The Grumpy Celt

Banned
Banned
Another factor to consider is the nature of Peter's ability to mimic other powers. Is it a RAM thing, where it is gone, or does he have some kind of superpower cache file in his brain, that can allow him to tap into other powers, even if the person is not around.

So maybe he gets close to Radiation Man, and later accidently accesses those powers via his cache file...

atom crash

First Post
I'm not convinced that Peter is the monster that destroys New York. I think he was seeing a vision of the future, but his brain put him into the picture in order to help him make sense of what was happening.

Much like he had a dream that connected him to when Simone's father died (though he wasn't really there when it happened) and when Nathan first experienced his power of flight (again, he wasn't really there for that either), his vision connects him to the time and place when the explosion happens, but perhaps he's just seeing through the eyes of someone else. Maybe it's Ted Sprague. Or maybe it's Sylar, who will absorb Ted's power in the future.

Here's just a couple things to ponder: Peter's interaction with future Hiro would have been different if Hiro knew that Peter was the cause of the explosion. Also, Peter was standing in the middle of all those heroes in his vision when he exploded, yet he didn't seem to be using any of their powers at the time. If he knew he was about to explode, he could have always tried using someone else's power to minimize the damage done (fly away like Nathan, sink into the ground like DL, teleport away like Hiro).

Or, an alternate theory that just occurred to me: perhaps the nuclear reaction is what happens when Peter gets near too many superpowers at one time.

BRP2

First Post
(Claire pulling Quarterback-rapist out of the burning car and him being conscious enough to ask "what are you?", Nathan doing the whole "flying into burning building publically to rescue a baby", and even this week's note of Mr. Bennet going to visit the dead cheerleader's father. He's no cop; won't the cops be suspicious when they go do their job, to notify next of kin, and he doesn't freaking remember his daughter? And most importantly, why wasn't Audrey SHOOTING AN INNOCENT even mentioned by Matt or others? It's almost like... duh!duh!duh! .... it didn't even happen!).

Nothing in the show says the quarterback didn't know about her power, he even called her a monster didn't he? Nathan didn't "publically" fly in the building, no one saw him. I don't understand the last two.

A friend of mine mentioned a theory of his. At the end, it's possible that Nathan grabs Peter and flies high in the sky, preventing Peter from blowing up New York, but sacrificing himself. Since the person who originally has the nuclear powers doesn't get harmed by his own work, Peter should be just fine and maybe could fly down even, but there would be a lot of sadness at the cost of Nathan's life.

Taelorn76

First Post
BRP2 said:
Nothing in the show says the quarterback didn't know about her power, he even called her a monster didn't he? Nathan didn't "publically" fly in the building, no one saw him. I don't understand the last two.

The person you quoted was talking about the online graphic novel. That is where all that stuff has happened.

BRP2 said:
A friend of mine mentioned a theory of his. At the end, it's possible that Nathan grabs Peter and flies high in the sky, preventing Peter from blowing up New York, but sacrificing himself. Since the person who originally has the nuclear powers doesn't get harmed by his own work, Peter should be just fine and maybe could fly down even, but there would be a lot of sadness at the cost of Nathan's life.

I mention that a several posts back in this thread, but to take that a bit further also Peter could mimic Nathan's flight and fly himself away.

Last edited:

BRP2

First Post
Taelorn76 said:
The person you quoted was talking about the online graphic novel. That is where all that stuff has happened.

I mention that a several posts back in this thread, but to take that a bit further also Peter could mimic Nathan's flight and fly himself away.

Hmm, yeah, I know, so was I. (and I too mentioned Peter could fly himself down, but I didn't see you post theory earlier)

Last edited:

Fast Learner

First Post
Henry said:
Actually, several of the graphic novel incidents haven't really make sense in context of the show

--snip--

this week's note of Mr. Bennet going to visit the dead cheerleader's father. He's no cop; won't the cops be suspicious when they go do their job, to notify next of kin, and he doesn't freaking remember his daughter?
That wasn't the cheerleader's dad, that was Eden's dad. The cops don't know she's dead, nor will they ever find out.

Taelorn76

First Post
BRP2 said:
Hmm, yeah, I know, so was I. (and I too mentioned Peter could fly himself down, but I didn't see you post theory earlier)

Sorry, I must have misread the 1st part of your post, sounded like you were saying it didn't happen in the show. And totally missed the last part about Pete flying himself down. :uhoh:

Remove ads