• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Heroes Season 1(#14)---2/05/07-'DISTRACTIONS'

DonTadow

First Post
The Grumpy Celt said:
Well, if the future is immutable, then
New York City is doomed, doooomed I tell you, doooooomed
!
If new york doesn't blow up, there is going to be serious time consequences.

LightPhoenix

First Post
To tell the truth, that's one of the big things I'm waiting to see how they do. As they've written Isaac and Hiro's powers so far, I'm not really sure how they can not blow up New York. It will have to be a pretty good explanation, and it'll be one of the most difficult things they'll face - if they screw it up, the fans will be outraged.

LightPhoenix said:
The timeline goes something like this:

Charlie is killed by Sylar.
Hiro goes back in time six months.
Charlie tells Hiro about the aneurysm.
Hiro teleports back to the future (in Japan).
Ando and Hiro meet back at the diner in Midland.

I just watched Six Months Ago, and Charlie is still killed by Sylar in the end.
Actually, that's not the timeline, at lest not in the usual sense of timelines. :)

<table border=1>
<tr>
<th>original timeline</th>
<th> new ltimeline </th>
<tr>
<td>
Charlie and Hiro live their normal lifes. Both begin to discover their unusual abilities.
Charlie learns that she will die due to some disease/brain defect. She celebrates her birthday with her friends at the diner.
</td>
<td>
Hiro appears in Charlies life during her birthday party. He teaches her some Japanese, while he learns some English from her. Charlie discovers her abilities. She enjoys her time with Hiro.
At the same time, Hiro in Tokyo begins to pick up his abilities.
</td>

</tr>
<tr>
<td>
Hiro and Ando travel to the USA as Hiro claims that New York will explode in a nuclear blast (and that Hiro can travel in time.)
</td>
<td>
Hiro suddenly disappears out of Charlies life as she is telling him of her deadly disease.
Hiro and Ando travel to the USA as Hiro claims that New York will explode in a nuclear blast (and that Hiro can travel in time.)
</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>
A future Hiro (with sword) informs Peter about the cheerleader.
</td>
<td>
A future Hiro (with sword) informs Peter about the cheerleader.
</td>
</tr>

<tr>
<td>
Hiro and Ando meet Charlie in her diner. Hiro and Charlie immediately understand each other well.
Sylar appears and kills Charlie, before Hiro and Charlie have a chance to really get to know each other.
</td>
<td>
Hiro and Ando meet Charlie in the diner. We don't know what exactly happens in this "iteration", but in the end, Sylar murders her.
</td>
</tr>

</table>

The timeline doesn't cover Hiros visit in the future (in which Ando appears totally unaware of Hiros abilities or the reason why is away). It also lacks a third timeline (possibly unaltered by any of Hiros time traveling abilities) where Hiro doesn't visit Peter in the train and asks him to "save the Cheerleader".

The Grumpy Celt

Banned
Banned
Mustrum_Ridcully said:
Actually, that's not the timeline, at lest not in the usual sense of timelines...

Ooohhh... boxes.

Still, it appear that both the future and the past are immutable. What Isaac sees and paints will come to be regardless of what anyone does and what has happen is also fixed, regardless of Hiro's time travels.

Ed_Laprade

Adventurer
The Grumpy Celt said:
Ooohhh... boxes.

Still, it appear that both the future and the past are immutable. What Isaac sees and paints will come to be regardless of what anyone does and what has happen is also fixed, regardless of Hiro's time travels.
Not so. The picture of Charlie without Hiro at her birthday party changes to Charlie with Hiro. So some change is possible.

LightPhoenix

First Post
Head 'splode!!! :)

This is why I'm interested to see how they handle the bomb.

Also, a big mystery still unresolved - how come no one recognized Hiro when he came back to the diner?

My guess is eventually Hiro and the Haitian meet up, and Hiro asks him to wipe them, to avoid Head 'Splodage. :)

Truth Seeker

Adventurer
No...all that happened, was he was placed in a moment into her life.

Her death, as it was the main mission of Hiro trying to prevent, could not be changed, dying by the brain tumor or by Sklar's hand.

Her timeline life was meant to end, in either case.

Now...with the explosion part, in the city, that will be the real brain twist, when it comes.
Ed_Laprade said:
Not so. The picture of Charlie without Hiro at her birthday party changes to Charlie with Hiro. So some change is possible.

Remove ads