• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Heroes Season 1(#14)---2/05/07-'DISTRACTIONS'

The Grumpy Celt

Banned
Banned
DonTadow said:
Also, why didn't Sylar kill Mr. Bennet. He killed Eden with no problem, and seemed to be about to kill the wife with no problem either.

It the "Blofield putting James Bond into the easily escapable death-trap" thing. Basically his ego and sadism (waiting to punish HRG Guy by killing his daughter while HRG Guy was locked up) got in the way of making the practical strategic and tactical decision. I don't have that problem. When I've got the hero down, I just shoot him. :]

LightPhoenix

First Post
The Grumpy Celt said:
It the "Blofield putting James Bond into the easily escapable death-trap" thing. Basically his ego and sadism (waiting to punish HRG Guy by killing his daughter while HRG Guy was locked up) got in the way of making the practical strategic and tactical decision. I don't have that problem. When I've got the hero down, I just shoot him. :]

The funny thing is, based on what we know of Sylar, it's entirely within character for him to be egotistical and sadistic, and leave HRG alive. Usually when this sort of thing happens, it's mostly a deus ex machina, to keep a cast member alive.

The Grumpy Celt

Banned
Banned
Hopping Vampire said:
how do you post spoilers. i think i know who dies and i dont want to ruin it.

Bracket spoiler bracket and then bracket slash bracket to end it. so, it is [ and spoiler ] and the [ and /spoiler]

That is what I did below.

Hopping Vampire

Taelorn76

First Post
The Grumpy Celt said:
Bracket spoiler bracket and then bracket slash bracket to end it. so, it is [ and spoiler ] and the [ and /spoiler]

That is what I did below.

Hopping Vampire

You can also do an spoiler block [ sblock ] then close it with [ /sblock ]

[sblock] Peek a Boo [/sblock]

Just remember to remove the spaces inside the brackets

Aeric

Explorer
It seems to me that the reason Sylar's voice sounded weird as he was walking towards Mrs. Bennet was because that part of the scene was in slow-motion. The woman was just hurled into a glass cabinet. She had been knocked for a loop. That's why she was just lying there on the floor looking up at Syler and not trying to crawl away from him. There was probably some element of shock in play as well. Sylar wasn't using Eden's power or any other power at that point. It was just a storytelling tool.

As for the dinosaur encounter, not all of Issac's paintings have been literal snapshots of events. Remember the painting of Peter flying? He didn't do that on his own; his brother was holding on to him. So there is defintely some wiggle room to play with.

LightPhoenix

First Post
Aeric said:
As for the dinosaur encounter, not all of Issac's paintings have been literal snapshots of events. Remember the painting of Peter flying? He didn't do that on his own; his brother was holding on to him. So there is defintely some wiggle room to play with.

Actually, they are, they've just been often misinterpreted by the characters.

It could have been a picture of Peter flying - that's how Peter chose to see it. It was really a picture of Peter trying to fly, and falling. That's the trick to Isaac's paintings - just because you have a single snapshot, doesn't mean you have the context, and that's what matters. The writers use a similar trick with the painting of Peter dead, and also with the order of events in general in Odessa, which Issac and Peter get completely wrong.

The Grumpy Celt

Banned
Banned
LightPhoenix said:
That's the trick to Isaac's paintings...

So far, few of Isaac's paintings have been rendered incorrect by choices people have made. In fact, the only one I am aware of as being incorrect is the one where Claire is shown dead, the inside of her skull empty*. I may be misinterpreting this image. All the other paintings I am aware of, including the one where Peter is on the ground, bloody and broken, have come true. Perhaps the future is as immutable as the past.

*Hi-light for Spoiler Thoughts;
The image of the dead cheerleader could be one of three things; A. It was Claire, dead and a victim of Sylar, but Peter's intervention changed the situation; B. It was actually the other cheerleader dead, and not Claire (meaning the future is immutable); C. Sylar succeeds in killing Claire at some point in the still-to-be future, i.e. sometime after Peter "saved" her the first time (meaning the future is immutable and depressing).

LightPhoenix

First Post
The Grumpy Celt said:
So far, few of Isaac's paintings have been rendered incorrect by choices people have made. In fact, the only one I am aware of as being incorrect is the one where Claire is shown dead, the inside of her skull empty*. I may be misinterpreting this image. All the other paintings I am aware of, including the one where Peter is on the ground, bloody and broken, have come true. Perhaps the future is as immutable as the past.

To choose the answer from the spoiler text, B. That was the other cheerleader whose head Sylar did cut open. In fact, she was even able to take credit for Claire's save early in the season, since they looked enough alike.

Isaac and Peter generally misinterpreted the order of events with regards to the paintings of the homecoming. If you watch Homecoming, you see every single scene depicted - but not in the order they deduced.

Peter didn't in fact fly during the painting in the first episode - he was falling.

Isaac painted Peter numerous times looking for him, but assumed his ability wasn't working. It was - Peter was invisible.

Nathan and Simone both assumed the painting of Peter lying on the ground dead meant he was... well, dead. He had absorbed Claire's power. That's what I mean by context being important, since they were in fact wrong about the outcome.

I'm not saying they've all been incorrect, it's just that they're not always right about the interpretation.

The Grumpy Celt

Banned
Banned
LightPhoenix said:
I'm not saying they've all been incorrect, it's just that they're not always right about the interpretation.

Well, if the future is immutable, then
New York City is doomed, doooomed I tell you, doooooomed
!

Remove ads