• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Heroes Season 1(#14)---2/05/07-'DISTRACTIONS'

LightPhoenix

First Post
drothgery said:
I thought that Charlie died due to some rare condition she had, rather than being killed by Sylar (thanks to Hiro's jaunt to the past).

Well, I don't think it's really been addressed, but I got the impression from the show that Hiro had failed to save her from Sylar, and that was the cause of his decreasing abilities. I could be completely wrong though, and I might be forgetting a scene it was confirmed.

Dire Bare

Legend
Taelorn76 said:
I was implying some else will die. I knew about that death. Newscaster specificly said in the coming episodes.

After he threw Mrs. Bennet into the china cabinet, as he stood over her he said something in a different voice. It was not exactly like Edens, but that was the first thought that occured to me as well.

I'm pretty sure the news you heard refered to Eden. It used the exact same language as earlier reports that hinted at Eden's death before it did happen. But of course, we'll find out relatively soon if anybody else kicks it!

And, sorry, I'm just not buying it that Sylar used Eden's power, "The Voice". I rewatched the episode and I think you guys are seeing (hearing) something that just ain't there.

Dire Bare

Legend
LightPhoenix said:
I had this thought as well, and it also may explain why it seemed he had Ted and Hana's powers as well.

Peter should have the following additional powers, by my count: flight (Nathan), precognition (Isaac), The Voice (Eden), time/space control (Future Hiro), telepathy (Matt), invisibility (Claude), and regeneration (Claire). If he absorbed Sylar's as well, he also gets The Way Things Work (Sylar), some sort of cold manipulation (Sylar through victim), telekinesis (the guy Sylar kills), and perfect memory/learning (Charlie). Plus, a possible non-detection power, and a possible way to stop bullets.

While we have yet to fully explore how Peter's powers work, it seems he has to see and understand the other hero using his powers to manifest them, at least so far. And to control them, he must have a positive emotional connection to that person. At least, that's my theory so far. But if he can connect to everybody through his dreams . . .

Also keep in mind that Peter most likely does NOT have Ted the Exploding Man's powers yet . . . he only sees himself with them in his prophetic dreams. If Peter meets Ted and can't control his powers . . . BOOM! If Peter learns to control his powers before meeting Ted, then maybe Ted blows up New York anyway!

Edit: Nevermind, I just blew my own theory out of the water with Peter and Claire's first meeting, Pete had no idea of what Claire could do, he just automatically used her power when fighting Sylar. Darn it!

Last edited:

Phoenix8008

First Post
Okay, I also went back and re-watched the episode and Sylar's voice does sound funny when he says that one word ('Hi', 'Hide', 'Die', something like that). Sounds a little modulated or something. But since Mrs. Bennet didn't react or obey his order, I'm guessing it may have not been Eden's power. Maybe. But it sounded close enough that they could go either way with it. :confused:

How about this for a theory, if it WAS Eden's power, maybe Sylar doesn't get the powers from the brains directly. Maybe he gets them from being in near contact like Peter does. Maybe the brain extraction serves some other purpose or is just a red herring so people (like poor Eden :( ) will think they can stop him from taking their powers too.

As to the T-Rex doubters: Sorry, try again. The painting of Isaac's clearly shows the BLADE of the sword Hiro is holding out towards the dino. In the museum, he had the sheath over the fake sword replica still because he didn't discover that it was fake till he got outside. So there! :p

Too bad Peter can't use Sylar's original 'Way things work' power to figure out how to diffuse himself, assuming that it's not Ted or Sylar himself that blows up New York.

Ed_Laprade

Adventurer
DonTadow said:
I think you're misunderstanding. The guy who confessed to the crime was already on deathrow. It creates a "no one loses" situation. Again, guessing that Linderman probably bribed the guy to confess to those crimes by giving money to the inmate's family.
Actually, that's exactly my point. Mr. I Didit's confessions to the murders won't get Nikki/Jessica Out Of Jail Free, because she commited another crime while he was confessing! What they seem to be implying is that because the murder charges were dropped they have nothing to hold her on. Nope, don't work that way.

The Grumpy Celt

Banned
Banned
Thanks WayneLigon for the links. So Mr. Nakamura’s first name is Kaito. Heh. Another reference, this one to Green Hornet.

Dire Bare said:
Also keep in mind that Peter most likely does NOT have Ted the Exploding Man's powers yet...

When was Peter close enough the Radioactive Man to get his powers? Has that happened at all?

Phoenix8008 said:
Maybe he gets them from being in near contact like Peter does. Maybe the brain extraction serves some other purpose or is just a red herring so people (like poor Eden :( ) will think they can stop him from taking their powers too.

Actually, I think that is the best theory I’ve heard so far. It is neat, tidy and has a nice twist. I like it. It also makes Sylar markedly more deadly and more Peter's opposite.

Phoenix8008 said:
As to the T-Rex doubters: Sorry, try again. The painting of Isaac's clearly shows the BLADE of the sword Hiro is holding out towards the dino.

Bwa ha! I knew it – Linderman is the T-Rex. So there! :p

Gnome Quixote

First Post
Taelorn76 said:
Our local NBC news station aired a fluff piece on Hereos last night where they spoke to some of the cast, nothing really big or important was said until the reporter revealed the fate of one of the charaters.

[sblock]She said one of the heroes would die in a couple of episodes. Tie that in with what was shown in the previews for next week of Nikki confronting Matt, and what looks like Matt flying out a window. Matt may be killed off :\ [/sblock]
Good God, let's hope so. That subplot is absolutely the least interesting of all so far. Virtually everyone I talk to who watches Heroes tunes out whenever it's addressed. I can't tell you how many times I've wished they'd either hurry up and link it up with the main throughline, or stop wasting precious screentime on it, already.

Unfortunately...

[sblock]I think's Matt's unlikely to die, if only because Peter saw him in the precog vision of him blowing up New York real good which put him into the coma.[/sblock]

The Grumpy Celt

Banned
Banned
I like
Matt
more than several of the other characters, so I would rather they die than
him
, but I'm not one of the show writers. But I saw the same commercial and it does look like
Nikki
tosses
Matt
out of a high window.

drothgery

First Post
LightPhoenix said:
Well, I don't think it's really been addressed, but I got the impression from the show that Hiro had failed to save her from Sylar, and that was the cause of his decreasing abilities. I could be completely wrong though, and I might be forgetting a scene it was confirmed.

If that was the case, then why did Hiro mention that she had a terminal condition when he came back? I don't think he would have known if Sylar had murdered her.

Remove ads