• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Heroes Season 1(#14)---2/05/07-'DISTRACTIONS'

The Invisible Man is cool. And obviously not good, too. Maybe not outright evil, but he certainly doesn't care that much for others.

Can he turn off his power? If not, that might explain why he doesn't care - nobody else can care for him, either.

I knew he would throw Peter down when they moved around the roof, but hell, I loved that scene anyway. :)

I think Linderman got Nikki out because he has heard some stories about her, and the latest one from her prison/institute was proof enough for him that she could be a valuable asset. It is true that Nikki might not feel obliged to help him, but (1) he can still threaten her son and (2) he just has to convince Jessica, who has shown a big interest in getting free.
I don't know how exactly Linderman did rig the whole thing, but I suspect he had to pull in a few favours and some money to manipulate records and get the right judge to revisit the case.

Ed_Laprade

Adventurer
Alzrius said:
Given that the scene where Sylar approached Mrs. Bennet showed him walking up to her in slow motion, I don't think he was using The Voice when he said "Hello." (Or whatever it was he said.)
Ok, now that's an explanation I can buy. I think that they really needed to pay closer attention to the editing of this episode. Too many things came off as sloppy and rushed. For example, one does not simply get picked up and sent to death row in a couple of hours. Which means that Mr. I Didit was in cutody at the time Jessica was brutalizing the shrink. That is a totally seperate crime, so no, she would not, Not, NOT have been set free. (If Linderman did somehow manage to get the shrink to also drop her charges it was done offscreen without a mention - which is really, really bad writing/editing!)

As for my saying that the shrink is arrogent, that has nothing to do with her 'pushing' Nikki to 'let Jessica out'. It has to do with her expression every time she does so. Your interpertation may vary, but to me it shouted Smug Arrogence.

DonTadow

First Post
Ed_Laprade said:
Ok, now that's an explanation I can buy. I think that they really needed to pay closer attention to the editing of this episode. Too many things came off as sloppy and rushed. For example, one does not simply get picked up and sent to death row in a couple of hours. Which means that Mr. I Didit was in cutody at the time Jessica was brutalizing the shrink. That is a totally seperate crime, so no, she would not, Not, NOT have been set free. (If Linderman did somehow manage to get the shrink to also drop her charges it was done offscreen without a mention - which is really, really bad writing/editing!)

As for my saying that the shrink is arrogent, that has nothing to do with her 'pushing' Nikki to 'let Jessica out'. It has to do with her expression every time she does so. Your interpertation may vary, but to me it shouted Smug Arrogence.
I think you're misunderstanding. The guy who confessed to the crime was already on deathrow. It creates a "no one loses" situation. Again, guessing that Linderman probably bribed the guy to confess to those crimes by giving money to the inmate's family.

WayneLigon

Adventurer
The Grumpy Celt said:
And I think Sylar’s success was due to gullibility on the part of Mrs. Bennett, not that Sylar used The Voice. He was just being sinister.

I kinda get the feeling that Ms. Bennet has been mindwiped so many times by The Haitian that she's not playing with a totally full deck.

Taelorn76

First Post
Does anyone think that Nikki his now locked inside and Jessica is the free one.

I say this because that last scene of the two when Michah wanted to play scrable, You see it's Jessica that was talking to him, and Nikki in the mirror. Jes say to Nikki " You wanted to be locked up" While Nikki is pounding on the mirror from the inside.

DonTadow

First Post
Taelorn76 said:

I say this because that last scene of the two when Michah wanted to play scrable, You see it's Jessica that was talking to him, and Nikki in the mirror. Jes say to Nikki " You wanted to be locked up" While Nikki is pounding on the mirror from the inside.
urrr.. yeah.

Richards

Legend
The Grumpy Celt said:
Nothing like that happened with Mr. Nakamura or Kimiko. They never demonstrated any powers....
What do you mean? Kimiko's power is obviously the ability to get Ando to put on aftershave!

Johnathan

The Grumpy Celt

Banned
Banned
Taelorn76 said:

I don't know what other conclusions you could draw from that scene.

Richards said:
What do you mean? Kimiko's power is obviously the ability to get Ando to put on aftershave!

Heh. I bet a lot of women have that power on and over Ando.

LightPhoenix

First Post
Hand of Evil said:
Peter; just remember he has come into contact with Sylar, this may mean he has Sylar's powers also and not realize it!

I had this thought as well, and it also may explain why it seemed he had Ted and Hana's powers as well.

Peter should have the following additional powers, by my count: flight (Nathan), precognition (Isaac), The Voice (Eden), time/space control (Future Hiro), telepathy (Matt), invisibility (Claude), and regeneration (Claire). If he absorbed Sylar's as well, he also gets The Way Things Work (Sylar), some sort of cold manipulation (Sylar through victim), telekinesis (the guy Sylar kills), and perfect memory/learning (Charlie). Plus, a possible non-detection power, and a possible way to stop bullets.

Remove ads