• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Heroes Season 1(#14)---2/05/07-'DISTRACTIONS'

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
drothgery said:
If that was the case, then why did Hiro mention that she had a terminal condition when he came back? I don't think he would have known if Sylar had murdered her.

He knew because he still went back in time to try and save her. Going back and changing history doesn't change him (unless he altered his own history, and maybe not even then), so he still knows what he altered - or didn't alter, in Charlie's case.

drothgery

First Post
Alzrius said:
He knew because he still went back in time to try and save her. Going back and changing history doesn't change him (unless he altered his own history, and maybe not even then), so he still knows what he altered - or didn't alter, in Charlie's case.

But he didn't know that before he went back in time.

LightPhoenix

First Post
The timeline goes something like this:

Charlie is killed by Sylar.
Hiro goes back in time six months.
Charlie tells Hiro about the aneurysm.
Hiro teleports back to the future (in Japan).
Ando and Hiro meet back at the diner in Midland.

I just watched Six Months Ago, and Charlie is still killed by Sylar in the end.

Dire Bare

Legend
LightPhoenix said:
The timeline goes something like this:

Charlie is killed by Sylar.
Hiro goes back in time six months.
Charlie tells Hiro about the aneurysm.
Hiro teleports back to the future (in Japan).
Ando and Hiro meet back at the diner in Midland.

I just watched Six Months Ago, and Charlie is still killed by Sylar in the end.

Also, it's when Charlie tells Hiro she has a terminal condition that he gives into despair as he realizes he CAN'T save her! Even if he manages to get her away from Sylar, she still dies. That's when he loses it and accidently teleports back to the present and begins to lose his powers. Shame he didn't realize that keeping Charlie's powers away from Sylar is almost as important as saving her for her own sake.

I don't think Hiro really has lost his powers or needs the sword, but only thinks this to be so.

And regarding Hiro and the Dinosaur . . . If Hiro ever really faces off against a real dino in the distant past, I'll give you all a dollar!!! It just ain't gonna happen. :)

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
I think Hiro fighting an actual dinosaur is going to happen. So far all of Isaac's paintings have been literal images of the future; each of them has displayed a scene that has happened exactly as it was shown.

My guess is that when Hiro gets the real sword, he'll be overjoyed, and then try to use his powers. However, either because the sword really does augment his abilties or because it just helps him to get around a mental block he has, he'll end up traveling too far, and wind up in the Cretaceous Period (or whenever) and face the T-Rex.

WayneLigon

Adventurer
Dire Bare said:
I don't think Hiro really has lost his powers or needs the sword, but only thinks this to be so.

Indeed. We've already seen that in Isaac and now Peter, and the writers have said that people's powers are connected to their emotions and beliefs. So, it's probable that Hiro will regain his abilities either (1) when he really, really needs them, (2) he gets the sword, or (3) Claude or Peter tell him it's all in his mind.

The Grumpy Celt

Banned
Banned
Alzrius said:
...he'll end up traveling too far, and wind up in the Cretaceous Period (or whenever) and face the T-Rex.

Actually, it is a carnotaurus. Carnotaurus (kahrn-oh-TAWR-us) meaning "meat-eating bull", referring to its distinct bull-like horns (Latin carn = flesh + taurus = bull) was a large predatory dinosaur, with horns vaguely resembling a bull's. Carnotaurus lived in Patagonia, Argentina during the Maastrichtian stage of the Late Cretaceous, and was discovered by José F. Bonaparte, who has discovered many other bizarre South American dinosaurs. Except for the one that goes by the name of Linderman, they are extinct.

And I agree about the nature of Hiro's power.

RigaMortus2

First Post
DonTadow said:
Also, why didn't Sylar kill Mr. Bennet. He killed Eden with no problem, and seemed to be about to kill the wife with no problem either.

Technically Eden killed herself by turning the gun on herself so Sylar wouldn't get her brain.

Remove ads