Heroes Season 1(#18)---3/05/07-'Parasite' [careful - season 2 spoiler in thread]

Grymar

Explorer
One very cool moment was when Hiro and Ando were in Nuked York and you could see cranes working in the background...rebuilding. How far in the future did they go?

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
Grymar said:
One very cool moment was when Hiro and Ando were in Nuked York and you could see cranes working in the background...rebuilding. How far in the future did they go?

There was also a small stretch of highway visible with a few cars (they seemed like cars, at least) driving on it, so clearly it's been some time since the city was blown up.

Steel_Wind

Legend
Actually - a lot of the buildings in the distance were still intact and appeared unharmed. Manhattan had clearly had a big chunk taken out of it, but it was not wiped from the face of the earth.

Save the Cheerleader; Save Soho doesn't quite have the same ring to it though, now does it?

A nuclear bomb is not a magic wand; it's just a big boom.

There's big booms and then there are BIG BOOMS. While clearly a large explosion, it wasn't like it was an airburst 10 megatons or anything nutty like that.

Hiro and Ando went five years into the future. That was in some recent interview, I don't recall which.

Hand of Evil

Hero
Epic
SMACK - The twist that I did not see coming was the grandma, yes, I figured she may know about Claire but...sweet!

Linderman is VERY informed and got to think it is NSA Girl (the one that picks up transmissions and stuff).

It did look like NY was being rebuilt.

Waiting to the end of April!

John Crichton

First Post
Dire Bare said:
If Isaac's paintings are immutable, then New Yorks goes KABOOM! and what's the point? I am not yet convinced that what Isaac paints or what Hiro experiences in the future WILL happen. I do think things will slot into place up and until the final moment, when the future WILL be changed and New York will be saved. That's my call.
That's the track I am on right now as well. The future they see/paint is the way it is because no one has changed anything yet. Everyone is still doing everything that will lead to the Peter-bomb going off. Until someone does something to break the cycle, the future remains as they have foreseen it.

That said, I would not be at all surprised to see the ending go off just like we have been shown so far. As the writers keep upping the twists, they will need something really big to go out on in the end. The true twist may be that Peter chooses to go boom to save the world or something to that effect.

Thornir Alekeg

Albatross!
Kaodi said:
Wait... you're telling me I have to wait a month and a freakin' half for the next episode?! We just had a break at the mid way point in the series!! Why air one half, then wait, then a quarter, then a longer wait, then the last quarter?!

I read an article this weekend that said the producers, having seen the troubles Lost has had with changes in scheduled breaks and airtime on ABC, worked out a precise schedule with NBC on when the show would break and then planned the episodes to create the most dramatic cliffhangers at just the right time.

As for why NBC wants the breaks: Its all about the ratings. Hook the audience in September, pull them along through November sweeps, take the holiday break, come back to run through February sweeps, and if you don't have enough episodes to run straight through May, break again to get the May sweeps.

Dracomeander

First Post
So mother Petrelli is the Haitian's 'higher power in Claire's life.'

So where, authority wise, does that put her in the Linderman group?

Wulf Ratbane

Adventurer
John Crichton said:
That said, I would not be at all surprised to see the ending go off just like we have been shown so far.

I would be very surprised.

The viewing public's psyche is not adequately equipped to deal with a nuke (of any size) in NYC. I don't mean we have to be babied or that we can't "take it."

What I mean it that is so far outside our ken that it will ring hollow. You won't feel it, you won't empathize with it-- you won't believe it.

And no matter what they do after it happens, it's not going to feel "right."

I basically stopped watching 24 this season as soon as a similar incident happened. The actors couldn't pull it off, and I didn't buy it. It killed the show for me.

Sir Brennen

Legend
Alzrius said:
There was also a small stretch of highway visible with a few cars (they seemed like cars, at least) driving on it, so clearly it's been some time since the city was blown up.
There was also a crane in the foreground that was in motion; looked like it was working on rebuilding or at least clearing debris.

Favorite moment - Ando KO'ing Mr. Curator. I actually whooped! out loud on that one.

Thornir Alekeg said:
As for why NBC wants the breaks: Its all about the ratings. Hook the audience in September, pull them along through November sweeps, take the holiday break, come back to run through February sweeps, and if you don't have enough episodes to run straight through May, break again to get the May sweeps.
I would also think that having a high level of special effects contributes to the needed breaks as well.

Remove ads