Heroes Season [Volume] 2 (#32)---11/19/07-'Cautionary Tales'

Vocenoctum

First Post
Alzrius said:
Holy crap, this episode rocked on toast! How good was it? It was so good that even West actually seemed cool!
I think it was the Elle addition, she gives a good jolt to any plotline she's involved in.

The thing with using Claire's blood to bring Bennett back was obvious, I admit, but I had a true moment of fear there, both before I figured that out, and in thinking that maybe that wouldn't be what they did (or it wouldn't work).

I figured Claire might figure it out and save her dad, but I guess that'd be too heroic...
Even so though...best death scene in the show thus far. The bullet time way he was shot, slowly falling over, and then the image that was shown in the painting...perfectly done.
They matched the painting well, but of course, as I've mentioned before, Isaac's paintings ARE fallible, so the constant "it can't be changed" attitude this season was bleh. For a moment I thought they might actually let him die, just like for a moment I thought Bob was giving Claire the virus rather than draining blood. (Followed by the virus mutating in her and wiping out civilization...)

Now I'm left wondering why the Company didn't go to the Bennet house and take Claire afterwards.

I have to say, HRG is proving to be the best character on the show thus far. He's like Batman, showing that you don't need powers to be able to go toe-to-toe with people who have them; you just need to be smarter.

Smart enough not to trust Mohinder at least. Sure, Bennet can shoot Elle in the arm, but dumb@$$ Mohinder has to aim for the eye.

As for regeneration from death, it still irks me somewhat, but oh well. No one is ever dead in a comic anyway. (Sure coulda used Haitian tonight though...)

Also, when said about Adam "regeneration after a time <something something> old age" were they saying that his ultimate threat is because he's immune to aging? Did the Company really lock the guy up for not aging?

Grog

First Post
Excuse me, but wasn't the whole "Claire hates and doesn't trust her father" plotline done last season? They are rehashing the exact same ground here. Come on - we've seen this storyline already. Can we please move on?

And Kristin Bell is a great actress, but she has been totally wasted in this role.

All I can say is, I'm glad I don't have a lot invested in this show, because this season would have really pissed me off otherwise.

Oh, and West - I was so sad that Claire broke his fall. Why couldn't it have been the other way around?

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
I don't think it was Claire's blood that was used on Mr. Bennett. I don't think that the Company has any reason to revive Mr. Bennett since I seriously doubt that they would risk him getting revenge (I'm pretty sure that he would kill Mohinder at the first available moment). However, if anyone would want to bring back Noah, I'm pretty sure it would be an enemy of the Company... like Adam.

Grog said:
Excuse me, but wasn't the whole "Claire hates and doesn't trust her father" plotline done last season? They are rehashing the exact same ground here. Come on - we've seen this storyline already. Can we please move on?

If you read each week's topic you would have noticed how everyone where wished that plot line was not revived this season. Fortunately, I'm pretty sure that it is FINALLY dead as a result of HGR's turn towards trusting West.

Oh, and West - I was so sad that Claire broke his fall. Why couldn't it have been the other way around?

Believe me, most of us were.... only thing that sucks is that if he did died during this episode it would have been after he started becoming a slightly less irritating character. What's funy is that teaming him up with Noah and Elle actually improved his character.

Sadly, out of every character that appeared in today's episode, I feel sorry for Lyle Bennet. Not only did he have less screen time then Mr. Muggles, and is only used as a prop, but no one in his family cares enough for him to console him about his dad getting killed. That is, assuming someone told him what happened.

Last edited:

fba827

Adventurer
Relique du Madde said:
I don't think it was Claire's blood that was used on Mr. Bennett. From where I stand the Company has no reason to revive Mr. Bennett (since he will take Bob and Mohinder out if he's not mind wiped immediately). I actually think it might have be Adam and Peter who brought him back.

I was going to post the exact same thing.

We don't know who revived him.

Access to blood: Bob, Claire, Adam, Peter, or someone else
Reason to revive him: Claire, Adam (if they were working together to bring down the company since they both have the same goal), and only by a far stretch Bob, Mohinder (guilt?)
Access to that type of facility: Bob, Adam, Mohinder
Access to the body: since we don't know what happened after the show-down, we only know that Bob and Mohinder definetly had access to the body.

:)

Mind you, I admit I have not completely thought this out, but Adam does seem to fall in to all three categories, and Mohinder pops up a lot too. Not saying that Bob isn't a strong possibility, just saying we can't rule out that Bob isn't the only one who could have done it.

As for Mohinder shooting him in the eye, I can only guess (and it's the only way I will feel better :p ) that Mohinder did it in the eye specifically because he was thinking about the painting he already saw.

Hand of Evil

Hero
Epic
To have Bennett is to have Claire. To convert Bennett is to bring the Company together, in one direction, he is a resourse without equal and someone Bob needs to help him run things. Bennett was the bigger prize, he knows too much.

fba827

Adventurer
Also, anyone else notice that basically half the picture of the "old generation" went untouched in terms of who those people are or reference to them or meeting them ...

wonder if we'll learn about them later on. We only know (through whatever Matt did to investigate) that none of them are still alive (except that last one next to his father). Or else they could just be hiding really well, etc. :)

just random thoughts from my sleep deprived brain. carry on.

D.Shaffer

First Post
As much as I enjoyed the episode...did they REALLY need to bring out the old 'The last thing I said to him was 'I hate you!'' chestnut?

Remus Lupin

Adventurer
A few thoughts:

First, must Elle grope every man that they put her in proximity to? Her father must be so proud.

Second, nobody has commented on the fact that, after having been berated by Ma Patrelli that he would be his father if he took the last name from her, in the final scene, he HAD the name. Another step toward dark Parkman?

Third, I still think that Bob is the master manipulator in all of this. Eventually it will turn out that he and Adam had a plan hatched from the beginning. One thing speaking against this: Ma P. confirmed that they locked him away for 30 years. But there are wheels within wheels here. We don't yet have the whole picture.

Fourth, West IS actually growing on me. I like awkward and eager West a lot more than dark and brooding outsider-stalker boy West.

Fifth, despite the synopsis above, no snooze twins! Yay!

Taelorn76

First Post
Darkwolf71 said:
The bad part of the episode? Once again, they bring a character back from the dead only to kill him off again. That said, I hope Hiro goes all vigilante on Adam/Kensai 'Future Hiro' style.

See I liked the way they handled this. Because they did not bring him back from the dead. They explained the story of what happened right before he died.

Also, was it that big of a shocker that Adam was the one who killed Hiro's dad.

Remove ads