Heroes Season [Volume] 2 (#32)---11/19/07-'Cautionary Tales'

Taelorn76

First Post
Grog said:
Excuse me, but wasn't the whole "Claire hates and doesn't trust her father" plotline done last season? They are rehashing the exact same ground here. Come on - we've seen this storyline already. Can we please move on?

You only noticed that now. It was like that 3 or 4 episodes in. :p

Taelorn76

First Post
Relique du Madde said:
Sadly, out of every character that appeared in today's episode, I feel sorry for Lyle Bennet. Not only did he have less screen time then Mr. Muggles, and is only used as a prop, but no one in his family cares enough for him to console him about his dad getting killed. That is, assuming someone told him what happened.

That is just mean man. :(

Grymar

Explorer
I just thought of another way that this show is similar to Lost...everyone has daddy issues. :) This isn't an insult, but an interesting observation. The relationships with daddy aren't always so terrible as on Lost, but the Father-Child relationship is a key in many of the character's development.

I loved that Hiro finally realized that his place isn't to go back in time to change it, but it is to gather information to help the future. Trying to change history is a messy, difficult thing.

HRG is the best character and actor on this show, no question.

Kristen Bell is electrifying and fun to watch. Sure she's a bit over the top, but that's her role and she is doing it with wonderful enthusiasm.

Only 2 episodes left? AAHHHRRGGHH!

Taelorn76

First Post
What was HRG explanation to Elle about her father (Bob). I could not make it out. What did he to her? I picked up on the Hatian's involvement, but not the other part.

Hand of Evil

Hero
Epic
Taelorn76 said:
What was HRG explanation to Elle about her father (Bob). I could not make it out. What did he to her? I picked up on the Hatian's involvement, but not the other part.
He impllied she was given to Bob, having been taken from her birth parents. Making a leap here, meaning she was made into the person she was, aka not normal. I think this is the biggest reason to think Bob as evil, the way Elle was raised. This may also be why they are rehashing the relationship Claire has with Bennett, to show the how much a loving family life has on a person.

Grymar

Explorer
Hand of Evil said:
He impllied she was given to Bob, having been taken from her birth parents. Making a leap here, meaning she was made into the person she was, aka not normal. I think this is the biggest reason to think Bob as evil, the way Elle was raised. This may also be why they are rehashing the relationship Claire has with Bennett, to show the how much a loving family life has on a person.

Interesting....I didn't pick up the "taken from her birth parents" part. I thought she was Bob's actual daughter but he allowed the Company to experiment on her, which pushed her abilities much farther than they would have developed. This also had the unintended consequence of somewhat shattering her mind.

Taelorn76

First Post
Grymar said:
Interesting....I didn't pick up the "taken from her birth parents" part. I thought she was Bob's actual daughter but he allowed the Company to experiment on her, which pushed her abilities much farther than they would have developed. This also had the unintended consequence of somewhat shattering her mind.

I took the nuts part as a side effect of the Hatian wiping her mind so many times. Sort of like the effect that was happening to Claire's mom in season one

Grog

First Post
Taelorn76 said:
You only noticed that now. It was like that 3 or 4 episodes in. :p
Actually, I've had that problem with this season for a while now. It was just especially annoying in this week's episode.

EDIT: Also, the Hiro storyline of him going back in time to save someone and finding out he can't is a rehash from season 1, too. Do the writers not have any new ideas for the show?

Last edited:

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
Grog said:
EDIT: Also, the Hiro storyline of him going back in time to save someone and finding out he can't is a rehash from season 1, too. Do the writers not have any new ideas for the show?

It's a different plotline then the previous one. During Season one he learned that Charlie was doomed to begin with and unfortunately, Hiro's power activated so we never saw how things in the present were changed. For all we know charlie died because she was waiting in Midland for Hiro to return only to discover that it was a different version of Hiro....

This time around things were different because he allowed it to happen even though Hiro could have still stopped it if he went against his father's wishes. This time the lesson wasn't that some things can not be altered. It was that somethings should not be altered (even when you have the ability to alter them) because once you begin meddling with the past for selffish reasons then you would cease to be a hero. Kaito was teaching Hiro a lesson in responsibility.

Last edited:

Phoenix8008

First Post
Now when they are talking about only 2 episodes left, that's till the mid-season break right? They aren't cutting the whole season down to these episodes are they?

Remove ads