Heroes Season [Volume] 2 (#32)---11/19/07-'Cautionary Tales'

LightPhoenix

First Post
Phoenix8008 said:
Now when they are talking about only 2 episodes left, that's till the mid-season break right? They aren't cutting the whole season down to these episodes are they?

It depends on how long the strike goes on. If it's a significant amount of time, then it probably will be the end of the season. Negotiations are supposedly resuming on Monday, so hopefully there will be some resolution soon.

The problem is that even if an agreement is reached, there's a lag period between when they start writing and when they can put episodes on the air. Keep in mind as well that most shows are burning through their buffers right now; most shows are not completed in only a week. So once an agreement is reached, it will probably be at least a month before shows can start airing again, and almost certainly not on a regular schedule.

From what I understand, if the strike goes on into next year, say February, there's a decent chance of the whole season being scrapped. However, I'm not of the exact timeline for this, and maybe someone else can jump in here. I imagine a lot of it depends on what the networks want to do.

So, Parkman is following a dark path. I wonder how Angela took the final question physically.

I already suspected that Adam killed Hiros father, once we knew he survived the Kensei times. We needed a character that could take the fall and not be found by the cops.
Flyers (Nathan?) and Regenerating characters fit this description pretty well. Once Adam appeared, it was the most likely solution.

And the HRG & Company storyline was well done. All characters were interesting (I don't count Claire's brother as character here. By the way, I liked the Mr.Muggles figure/"doll" in the packing scene. I can really see a market for "Mr.Muggles" action figures. 2-12 people is a market, is it not?), and you didn't really know how things would turn out.
I constantly expected the episode to come to a sudden end, because I couldn't believe that they could bring the painting-inspired storylines to an end so soon. (But then, i didn't think of the strike and the mid-season finale looming). I consider this a positive thing. :)
The episode was very nice.

Simplicity

Explorer
I liked the episode... even with the glaring plot hole. Okay, so Claire's blood brings people back from the dead. And they had Adam in captivity for 30 years? Why then did they need Claire at all? Didn't they bother to get some of Adam's blood? Why not? Wouldn't that have been a good idea? Hell, if I were the company I'd have installed a spigot in the guy.

Steel_Wind

Legend
Simplicity said:
I liked the episode... even with the glaring plot hole. Okay, so Claire's blood brings people back from the dead. And they had Adam in captivity for 30 years? Why then did they need Claire at all? Didn't they bother to get some of Adam's blood? Why not? Wouldn't that have been a good idea? Hell, if I were the company I'd have installed a spigot in the guy.

Because the blood has to be fresh. It's power to heal is not a physical or chemical property - it is in many respects a mystical one tied to the person with the power and not fully understood.

Vocenoctum

First Post
Simplicity said:

This does complicate Sylar for me. He was taken by IMO, either Company or minions of Adam. The Company at the time had Adam (and could heal Sylar) and if it was Adam, then he could have done something... but I guess the timing is off.

Anyway, to nitpick as usual;
1) If your Company depends on the Man Who Makes Gold... don't send him into the field.

2) If an Evil Company Man kidnaps you from your home, then kills your father, and you escape... don't return to that same home and act like you're invisible.

3) If you've got a Superior Mutant Tracker... pinpoint the Target Mutant when she's alone and kidnap her, don't lay an ambush for her psycho murderer father.

4) If you don't want to kill your buddy, the psycho murderer father... pack your Taser in addition to your STI.

DonTadow

First Post
Taelorn76 said:
You only noticed that now. It was like that 3 or 4 episodes in. :p
I'm having a problem with this argument. It's like saying that pcs follow the same storyline in rpgs.

Players go somewhere and use their traditional abilities to save someone. In that case you're always gong to have the same storyline.

I don't mind an uneasy relationship between hrg and claire. I"m not a fan of pretty little endings and the fact that in the back of her mind she still resents the fact that he did some awful things makes for more realism.

Pseudonym

Ivan Alias
Good episode.

I mentioned the using healing blood to undo the bullet in the eye thing to one of my coworkers last week. Somewhat predictable, but I think it have been better for the scene with Noah waking up beginning next Monday's episode rather than ending this one. Sure we knew he wasn't getting killed off permanently, but at least a week's cliff hanger would have been nice.

Interesting to see that Elle is not immune to her own powers.

West wasn't as annoying, but I was hoping he would be a casualty this episode.

No Dominican snooze twins is a good thing.

GandhitheBFG

First Post
Taelorn76 said:
Also, was it that big of a shocker that Adam was the one who killed Hiro's dad.

It was to Hiro. He thought Kensei was dead. Now he knows that he survived the explosion, and the intervening three hundred years. Which is a fairly big deal, since the only other character who knows is Parkman, who seems to be going to the dark side.

I was hoping West would join Adam, and get killed by the good guys at some point...However, I might change my mind...

Also, did HRG's cell/ward seem a little haphazard to anyone else? Rather like Sylar's...? A possible hint towards non-company involvement.

Steel_Wind

Legend
I don't think that Parkman is going to the dark side. I think he is a normal man - with normal feelings, normal faults and an essential humanity. That average schlubb has been given a power of mind control that Internet fan-fiction suggests is the singular fuel for fantasy and abuse.

How would you fare with such a power?

When Parkman decides to know Elle and Claire a whole lot better - at the same time - you might place him in the darkside camp. ;) For now, the identity of a woman in a photo, the forced identification of a serial murderer and a command to just be a normal kid and eat your cereal is not yet a path to the darkside. And telling a boss to let you pursue a murder case which is most definitely not closed so you can, in fact, do the job you were hired to do is not THAT morally gray.

"These aren't the droids you are looking for" != "Discussing the location of the secret rebel base"

Placed on a spectrum, is eating cereal and compelling someone to reveal a name more like "not the droids" or "revealing the location of the secret rebel base"? (Does your answer change if you substitute waterboarding for telepathy? Or a levitating black probe with a cruel needle sticking out of it? Possibly it does.)

Right now he's trying to save a woman's life. A violation of another human being? Yes. Justifiable? Perhaps (and perhaps not).

It may be that Parkman will - in the end - wind up in a darker place - but let's face it: none of the Heroes, save for Peter, Sylar, and Hiro have had such a temptation for corruption laid at their feet. Sylar is a psychopath whose movement to the dark side made black, blacker. Peter on the other hand, is too utterly vapid to understand the bigger implications of what he is or what he can do. Pointing fingers at Peter is like faulting a six year old for having a poorly developed moral compass.

As for Hiro - he failed his first test along the road to Paladinhood too. And several others after that, it seems.

Last edited:

Remove ads