• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

IG's "Those Left Behind" Chapter 3

jkason

First Post
Shaimon Hu'u, barbaric human druid

"Yes, where?" Talashia says dryly. "If only we knew where the local alchemist shop was."

Shai's hand falls on Dyspeer's coat in an instinctive grab for comfort.

"But there was ... behind the wall there, with the bodies and whatnot. I'm not sure that's a good place to go back to," Shai says.

"We can leave, but if that troll talks -- do trolls talk? -- well, if it does, we come back to an ambush for sure."

[sblock=OOC]Still here! :)

On another note, though, since I'm crap at strategy and proper resource management and don't want to delay things too much IC because of it: I really don't know that leaving entirely sounds like the best idea, though not sure where might be reasonably safe for 8 hours. [/sblock]

Leif

Adventurer
Uulark Simental

Uulark's voice is a soft, low rumble, "In my limited experience, your average troll is limited to grunts and the occasional howl. 'Talking' in the conventional sense, at least, would seem to be quite beyond their capabilities. Perhaps we should be more concerned with some sort of communication via pantomime?"

Scotley

Hero
Rogash

"Bah, we ran like they were the very inhabitants of the hells. I'm sure they think one troll was enough to frighten us off. They won't figure on our coming back, or if they do I expect they'll be quite confident in their ability to deal with us." He shakes his head in disgust at their retreat. "Let's get some gear and then find a quiet corner of the sewer to hide in. I figure White Plume has eyes and ears all over the city. He's sure to find us in an inn."

jkason

First Post
Shaimon Hu'u, barbaric human druid

Uulark's voice is a soft, low rumble, "In my limited experience, your average troll is limited to grunts and the occasional howl. 'Talking' in the conventional sense, at least, would seem to be quite beyond their capabilities. Perhaps we should be more concerned with some sort of communication via pantomime?"

Dyspeer sneezes repeatedly, prompting Shai's attention. Once he has it, the wolf cocks his head as his human frowns, trying to puzzle out what it is the wolf might be thinking.

Suddenly, Shai smacks his head.

"I know this!" he says, clearly embarrassed. "Just sometimes it takes me a minute to remember things and ... well, anyway, trolls do talk. It's Giant language, which I don't talk, but might be safe to figure one of those folk back there know some of?

"But seems Rogash might be right. White Plume's gotta know where we're staying, so Inn might as well be right on his front doorstep for all the good it'll do hiding us until we rest. Guess maybe the alchemist's shop really is the place to stay?"

[sblock=OOC]lol. It's really Shai's Know check, but since I'd already had him acting ignorant, seemed safe to have Dyspeer give him an IC nudge to account for being able to answer his own question:

Know: Nature (1d20+11=23)[/sblock]

Shayuri

First Post
"It might be a bit predictable," Talashia muses, "But it's probably our best option. And it'll give us a chance to see if he has any alchemical supplies we overlooked when we ransacked it. I was mostly looking at the scrolls at the time."

She pats her satchel and adds, "I also need to make a list of these scrolls for reference purposes. There may be some fire spells we can use among them..."

(OOC - I don't suppose you have a list handy? I know there was one provided about 1000 years ago, but I have no idea where that'd be now. :))

Remove ads