Rokugan: Blood and Cherry Blossoms OOC

G

Guest 11456

Dark Nemesis said:
Tailspinner: Your character also looks good, just waiting on a background. But, here are the kitsune taboos I owe you (finally, huh?)

In order to keep themselves distant (and avoid losing their spriritual powers), the kitsune who interact with the Fox Clan have adopted several taboos which guide their behavior and mannerisms. Some human members of the Fox Clan, as well, have chosen to adopt these taboos, respecting their spiritual guides and making less likely that a visiting kitsune will be noticed. Not all Fox samurai choose to accept a taboo, but those who do follow it faithfully all their lives. It is said that a Fox who accepts the burden of a taboo is especially loved by the kitsune, and if he abides by it faithfully, will be well cared for if ever in great need.

~The kitsune are creatures of the land and of the woods. The samurai may not harm a commoner, nor may he allow the woodland to be defiled or destroyed without cause. He must care for the needs of the common heimin, and in exchange, he will be warmly greeted and well-cared for when he visits a village.
~The kitsune are creatures of deceit and mischief. The samurai who chooses this taboo may never tell the complete truth, and must cover their words with a veneer of falsehood. This is a dangerous taboo to accept, and the samurai must be doubly careful not to mislead his lord while still adhering to the bonds of the taboo.
~For a spirit to become involved in the affairs of mortal man, they must be invited to take action. This taboo requires the samurai to never directly affect either a battle or any other major scenario without first having been asked to interfere. They may not enter houses unless they are invited to do so by name, and they may not offer aid until they have been asked for it.
~The samurai cannot eat rice, but must make do with the natural berries and foods of the forest, supplemented by a diet of fish and fowl. In this way, they attune themselves to the forest, rather than to agriculture and the ways of mankind, and remember the kitsune oath to Inari, Lesser Fortune of Rice.
~Being alone is abhorrent to many kitsune, who live for affection, dedicated attention, and mischief. Samurai who accept this taboo may never be alone, and must always be in the company of at least two other individuals - even when sleeping.
As with many spirits, kitsune become ill if they are not able to keep their promises, and follow their word of honor. A samurai who accepts this taboo will commit seppuku before he breaks a promise (even one given in haste), and if someone else breaks a promise to them, they will rapidly become deadly enemies.

I believe Hyota is at last complete. I chose the taboo of:

~The samurai cannot eat rice, but must make do with the natural berries and foods of the forest, supplemented by a diet of fish and fowl. In this way, they attune themselves to the forest, rather than to agriculture and the ways of mankind, and remember the kitsune oath to Inari, Lesser Fortune of Rice.

Dark Nemesis

First Post
Urgh... sorry folks, school has once again reared its ugly head. :\ I have items done for half of you, and should have the rest done within the next few days.

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
It's ok O Illustrious DM. May Jitter, the god of caffeine, bless your academic endevours, and Ne'er Lat, the god of deadlines, speed your work on its way. ;)

Isida Kep'Tukari said:
It's ok O Illustrious DM. May Jitter, the god of caffeine, bless your academic endevours, and Ne'er Lat, the god of deadlines, speed your work on its way. ;)
Yeah...that. Whatever that means. :)

Besides, you're allowed to have a life...you shouldn't be, but I've been notified that you are. ;)

Scotley

Hero
Hey Real Life does have to come first, unfortunately. We can be patient. I'm glad you checked in to let us know what's up. So often games just vanish with no word.

Scotley

Dark Nemesis

First Post
Okay! I finally put up the Rogue’s Gallery. It can be found here.

Sorry about the delay; school has been keeping me unusually busy. Luckily, I do not anticipate any more delays like that.

Below are the additional items for people. If you don’t like what I gave you, let me know and I’ll try to come up with something else.

Togashi Cho (Isida)
-Purity’s Strike: This amulet was given to you by your sensei on the day of your gempuku. It allows you to cast True strike[/u] for your unarmed attacks twice per day.
-Sandals of striding and springing

Isawa Renshi (AMG)
-Scrolls: Before you set off on your journeys, your father gave to you a jade box, containing a number of scrolls. You got: Mend the Spirit, Minor Blessing of Purity, Path to Inner Peace 2 (x2), Path to Inner Peace 3 (x2), and Remove disease (x2).
-Incense of Concentration x2

Shinjo Karage (Kangaxx)
-Add the ‘Defending’ trait to your wakizashi
-50 +1 arrows

Ikoma Itarabi (Scotley)
-Courtier’s Obi
-Wondrous writing set

Kakita Ai (Li Shenron)
-Bracers of Armor +2

Shosure Reiko (Valeren)
-Hat of Disguise
-Plain wooden box: A gift from your lord, in order to assist you in your duties. Hidden beneath a false bottom is the following: Makeup kit x2, Shadow mask x2, Golden leaf x2, and one Mirrored mask.

Hyota (Tailspinner)
-Add the Agility (+2) trait to your jade wakizashi
-Kitsune favor: One evening, you stopped to rest beneath the trees of the Kitsune Mori. When you awoke, a gold ring rested in the palm of your hand. (Ring of Protection +1)

Last edited:

Kangaxx

First Post
I'm not entirely certain what the defending trait is supposed to do, since the wakizashi doesn't have an enhancement bonus...

Li Shenron

Legend
Dark Nemesis said:
Kakita Ai (Li Shenron)
-Bracers of Armor +2

Bracers or armor? :( I hate being the one who complains but I already have armor, and since they don't stack with it, what am I going to do with them?

OTOH, maybe this was intentional... if we cannot normally wear armor (because the story takes place in the court for example) then I'll drop the armor and keep the bracers, although that means 2 points of AC less...

edit:
I mean... if the bracers were intentional from you, I'll accept your choice even if they don't stack with armor. But I thought it was a good idea to check it wasn't just an overlook :p

Last edited:

Dark Nemesis

First Post
Li: Nope, it wasn't intentional. I just have difficulty at times with stacking bonuses. No worries! How is a ring of protection +1 and an amulet of natural amor +1 instead?

Kangaxx: Ack! No enhancement bonuses? Okay, I'll come up with something else and get back to you. Was there anything that you had in mind?

Last edited:

Remove ads